returned h5 already

I’ve been playing halo since halo:ce came out on xbox. I was the guy that took off of work for every release just to play them all night. I was big into mlg and went to alot of local tournaments as well. I absolutely loved halo, but after MCC came out, nearly all my friends quit halo, due to mcc not working properly for months on end. I was patient, played through the storm and was pumped for halo 5. Once I got halo 5, I was beyond excited for this game, but after playing it for 4 days I can’t even begin to describe how miserable I am after playing. The maps are all condensed and built around the use of the AR and the Spartans abilities. The entire way the game plays, its just not halo. I miss the br, I miss outdoor maps, I miss all the gametypes that made halo so great, (doubles, btb, team hardcore, etc). What happened to the mlg/hcs community? Is the br dead? Why would 343 head in this direction? Halo 5 has potential, but I’m not waiting around anymore like I did with mcc. Fallout 4 and battlefront are coming out and unfortunately I think I’m done with halo.

Edit: it was a digital copy, so to anyone who thinks they’re stuck with it, you can call xbox support for a refund.

Then why post here? Just move on to another game.

> 2533274816788253;2:
> Then why post here? Just move on to another game.

This

At least you could return it. xD Digital downloaders are kinda screwed.

Well its too bad nostalgia blinded you from playing a good game

> 2533274806689453;5:
> Well its too bad nostalgia blinded you from playing a good game

A good game? Sure. But a bad Halo game. It sounds like the OP bought it looking for a good Halo game.

> 2811398874529013;6:
> > 2533274806689453;5:
> > Well its too bad nostalgia blinded you from playing a good game
>
>
> A good game? Sure. But a bad Halo game. It sounds like the OP bought it looking for a good Halo game.

Well, I think we all were, sadly… :frowning:

Thanks for letting me know.

> 2533274806689453;5:
> Well its too bad nostalgia blinded you from playing a good game

If you aren’t having fun with something, it’s a lot more than nostalgia. If that’s even a factor. Lol.

> 2535410085062835;1:
> I’ve been playing halo since halo:ce came out on xbox. I was the guy that took off of work for every release just to play them all night. I was big into mlg and went to alot of local tournaments as well. I absolutely loved halo, but after MCC came out, nearly all my friends quit halo, due to mcc not working properly for months on end. I was patient, played through the storm and was pumped for halo 5. Once I got halo 5, I was beyond excited for this game, but after playing it for 4 days I can’t even begin to describe how miserable I am after playing. The maps are all condensed and built around the use of the AR and the Spartans abilities. The entire way the game plays, its just not halo. I miss the br, I miss outdoor maps, I miss all the gametypes that made halo so great, (doubles, btb, team hardcore, etc). What happened to the mlg/hcs community? Is the br dead? Why would 343 head in this direction? Halo 5 has potential, but I’m not waiting around anymore like I did with mcc. Fallout 4 and battlefront are coming out and unfortunately I think I’m done with halo.

So you just got rid of the game instead of waiting for BTB?
Whatever, doesn’t matter, I don’t believe you anyway. I’ve been let down by games and I certainly didn’t go to the games message boards and hangout with it’s fans.

<mark>Do not post spam.</mark>

Here’s your reply.

you miss the BR, you mean, the map pickup that spawns every like 30 seconds? And you even have a replacement pistol sniper. Which lets face it needs a Nerf.

I probably wouldn’t go for battlefront when it comes out because they’re barely adding -Yoink-. That’s EA for you though, wasting your money on in game items that are so easy to obtain through 1-2 matches.

> 2533274856723140;4:
> At least you could return it. xD Digital downloaders are kinda screwed.

Mine was digital, you just call xbox support, and they can refund it. Most people are unaware of this, I thought I mentioned it in my original post, must have forgot to. I remember thinking the same thing during mcc, but now that I know you CAN refund a digital game. It’s very good information to know.

> 2533274856723140;7:
> > 2811398874529013;6:
> > > 2533274806689453;5:
> > > Well its too bad nostalgia blinded you from playing a good game
> >
> >
> > A good game? Sure. But a bad Halo game. It sounds like the OP bought it looking for a good Halo game.
>
>
> Well, I think we all were, sadly… :frowning:

Speak for yourself… I personally believe this is one of the best Halo games to date if not the best

> 2533274832360281;15:
> > 2533274856723140;7:
> > > 2811398874529013;6:
> > > > 2533274806689453;5:
> > > > Well its too bad nostalgia blinded you from playing a good game
> > >
> > >
> > > A good game? Sure. But a bad Halo game. It sounds like the OP bought it looking for a good Halo game.
> >
> >
> > Well, I think we all were, sadly… :frowning:
>
>
> Speak for yourself… I personally believe this is one of the best Halo games to date if not the best

well you are wrong imo.

Your loss.

> 2535410085062835;1:
> The maps are all condensed and built around the use of the AR and the Spartans abilities.

You have seriously underestimated the pistol’s power. You can easily out shoot the AR at pretty much any range, up close obviously being more of a struggle. I rarely see people using AR, except situationally in CQB. Pistol can more then hold its own against BR/DMR/Light Rifle at medium range. It will struggle a bit more across a whole map, but its still viable. When I come across a BR/DMR/etc., I swap it with my AR, not my pistol.

Spartan abilities have been massively toned down since Reach and Halo 4. Thrust is probably the main ability, and its not all that bad. Slide doesn’t hurt anyone. Clamber is just a supplemental ability that makes map navigation more fluid. Ground pound is extremely hard to pull off, but extremely rewarding when you can pull it off. Sprint has been significantly nerfed. I don’t see any issues with the Halo 5 abilities. Edit - forgot about Spartan charge, which is a tad annoying imo, and way better balanced in the Beta.

The maps definitely feel like they are lacking some soul and sense of variety. Nonetheless, I have my fingers crossed that 343 will actually provide a community content playlist dedicated to community made maps, along with a streamline means to promote maps to that playlist. It would be an endless supply of map variety from the community!

You quit too soon. Aiming mechanics update in December. BTB coming. Forge.

BtB is right around the corner and all of the maps are outdoors and forged. I think Halo 5s multiplayer might be the best out of them all. Halo 3 was boring because it was just BRs and power weapons. There wasn’t any real variety going on. Halo 4 was sort of the same. Halo 5 is the first Halo game where every weapon in the sandbox is capable of being used and being effective in its given role. I don’t understand how playing endless hours of Halo BRs over and over again could be any fun.

You know that non of the Halo games started out perfect right? and that they all evolved
This is the best start of a Halo game ever multiplayer wise and my favorite since Halo 2 during its peak. and yes Halo 2 during its height is greater than Halo 3.

I do have to admit that I liked Halo Reach though but 4 was awful online.