Return to the Battlefield is back...

2:50

As much as a majority of people despise it, it seems to have made it to the game.

> 2:50
>
> As much as a majority of people despise it, it seems to have made it to the game.

We already saw that it was back in the Forge reveal video.

Why is this a bad thing?

> Why is this a bad thing?

It was a nuisance for some people.

How was it?

I agree it really cut back on campers in halo reach

> How was it?

Jump on a large rock? RETURN TO THE BATTLEFIELD!
Camped up in a tree? RETURN TO THE BATTLEFIELD!
Want to use this part of the map in forge? RETURN TO THE BATTLEFIELD!

The Minefield on Sandtrap, The Towers that shot lasers at you in Sandbox and the Covenant Guns in Snowbound all these were in Halo 3 were soo much better then a dull Message saying “GET BACK TO THE BATTLEFIELD” <- that right there destroys the vibe given in the match of it being complete freedom to drive/walk through most places.

I hate that. They should have removed that.

Thanks for the new footage of the Binary Sniper. That was sick!

I just hope it stays out of Campaign and Spartan Ops.

> > How was it?
>
> Jump on a large rock? RETURN TO THE BATTLEFIELD!
> Camped up in a tree? RETURN TO THE BATTLEFIELD!
> Want to use this part of the map in forge? RETURN TO THE BATTLEFIELD!

Yeah I agree, then.

What about little nodes you could place that linked with eachother in assigned numerical order like join-the-dots to create a soft barrier for Forge mode?

> > How was it?
>
> Jump on a large rock? RETURN TO THE BATTLEFIELD!
> Camped up in a tree? RETURN TO THE BATTLEFIELD!
> Want to use this part of the map in forge? RETURN TO THE BATTLEFIELD!

Beachead firefight map, go far left off the spawn (ramp by warthog)

Don’t go down, instead see the ledge to the left hugging the cliffside (still in the building) thats about 2 inches tall. Step up to it. “Return to the battlfeild”

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

It’s very good that it’s back in War Games; but I hope there’re no hard-coded permanent kill zones in Forge, SpOps and Campaign.

So does that mean they want us to play battlefield 3?

This isn’t a bad thing. especially from a forger’s perspective. If used correctly, kill zones/safe zones are the second best way to blocking areas you don’t want players to go. It also allows for all maps to receive quick patches to areas that weren’t properly blocked in development. I had no doubt in their return.

However, it ponders me as to why one would be included at the very bottom of the map, right before a death boundary. This is unneeded.

Personally I hope all maps have invisible walls by default, with killzones/safezones only being added on necessity. Don’t tease players if you have no intention of letting them go somewhere. And campaign better have only invisible walls, no killzones. They really hurt the “massive exploration” reach supposedly had.

Because believe it or not, some people dont like to play fair. So theyll find just about every exploit they can to give themselves an advantage. Invisible walls for example are hard to get by, but once you do, theres really nothing stopping you from breaking the map.

The return to the battlefield forced players from trying to do so. Because killzones had a wider range of control than invisible walls. And as you can see, some are butthurt about this.