Return the Covenant?

Do you think Halo 4 should bring back covenant?

Reasons For:
You just can not imagine a halo game without:
Fighting grunts, jackals, brutes etc.
Using covenant weaponry (sticky grenades, plasma pistol, needler etc.)
Using covenant vehicles (ghost, wraith, banshee etc.)
It is the only thing that brings proper colour into the halo franchise.
They technically still exist in smaller numbers (the elites are not part of the covenant any more).
It just simply wouldn’t feel like a halo game without the Covenant.

Reasons against:
Halo 4 is meant to bring a fresh start to the series.
The Covenant felt fully fleshed out from every other halo game.
They would need a proper fictional uprise if they were to return.
They state “new threat” as a new enemy and story.

In my personal opinion, I think they should keep the covenant. If they ditch them and make non-colourful forerunner re-textures of the weapons, it will still not feel right. I just believe its one of those things that makes halo, “halo”.

What do you think?

They’ve been in every game, i don’t think they’re going anywhere. Just sayin’.

They’ve done the boring color scheme thing already. 343 won’t be making the same mistake. I believe they’ve released some art work, and from what i can remember it’s absolutely beautiful.

There is still story telling to be told about the covenant that books alone couldn’t do so expect covenent in halo 4 even in a small appearence

The covenant itself wont come back,
but propably some of its old client races.

> The covenant itself wont come back,
> but propably some of its old client races.

I think when most people say covenant they mean aliens (grunts, jackals, elities, etc…)

I do want them to return i just dont see how they will pose much of a threat with the Prophets in hideing and the Brutes back to tier 7.

I do believe that the Covenant species will return in an alliance with humanity against the “ancient enemy”.

For example, I believe Elites will try to regain power, and, to do this, they would have to recruit different species that they used to have good relations with, such as the Grunts and Hunters.

After the “ancient enemy” shows up, I believe an alliance between these former-Covenant species and humanity will be forged out of pure necessity. If not, then they will all be exterminated.

My money is on the Covenant races returning as both side enemies and allies. However, the main enemy will be something we have never seen before.

Covenant will return. I think the Sanghelli (hope I got that right) will rise again as a strong military order like the were before joining the covenant. They will be better off without the prophets anyways. They are still a very strong race.

> Do you think Halo 4 should bring back covenant?
>
> Reasons For:
> You just can not imagine a halo game without:
> Fighting grunts, jackals, <mark>brutes</mark> etc.
> Using covenant weaponry (sticky grenades, plasma pistol, needler etc.)
> Using covenant vehicles (ghost, wraith, banshee etc.)
> It is the only thing that brings proper colour into the halo franchise.
> They technically still exist in smaller numbers (the elites are not part of the covenant any more).
> It just simply wouldn’t feel like a halo game without the Covenant.
>
> Reasons against:
> Halo 4 is meant to bring a fresh start to the series.
> The Covenant felt fully fleshed out from every other halo game.
> They would need a proper fictional uprise if they were to return.
> They state “new threat” as a new enemy and story.
>
> In my personal opinion, I think they should keep the covenant. If they ditch them and make non-colourful forerunner re-textures of the weapons, it will still not feel right. I just believe its one of those things that makes halo, “halo”.
>
> What do you think?

yes, yes I can, If Brutes are in halo 4 I’m going to be -Yoinking!- annoyed. I’m tired of these over-grown rabid bullet sponges.

> The covenant itself wont come back,
> but propably some of its old client races.

This is what I feel also. I think they will be around and fighting on both sides but I don’t think they will be the main enemy again.

McFarlane Halo 4 toy-line “Hunter”

Note that those are mock-ups, but as bs_angel wrote in the bulletin about FPO/mock-ups, they do depict the correct factions. this means that there will be at least one covenant action figure in the Halo 4 line.
it doesn’t proof anything, but if the ex-Covenant doesn’t appear in in the game, wouldn’t this toy be part of the general Halo Universe toy line?

yes keep the covies as the enemy on the games, do what you want with the books.

Don’t worry. They will be back.