Return the classic magnum!!

Halo 5 magnum is too Over powered ,bring back the halo 3 magnum – a spartan killed by a magnum like in h5 is a joke 1.shoots to fask(ttk)2.has increased distance 3.projectile must return.
Halo’s magnum was always a weapon if everything else is gone like in halo 2 and 3 even reach had it balanced with BLOOM.But in h5 you don’t even need anything else just a magnum ruins halo weopon balance us essential.

This is just a sample,going into detail will take more time.

In Halo 2 and 3 it was pretty useless, it’s good to have a decent magnum. It isn’t as overpowered as the Halo 1 magnum haha, that 3 shot kill magnum forced a lot of skill in Halo PC. Halo 5 did a good job balancing weapons imo, H5 Magnum is solid but at times you will be outmatched by other weapons.

The Halo 2 and 3 Magnum were entirely useless, serving no meaningful role in the sandbox. The Halo 5 Magnum is, at the very least, a competent spawn weapon, but it doesn’t have the learning curve of the Halo CE Magnum, which was theoretically extremely powerful, but in practice very difficult to be consistent with, which balanced it out. The CE Magnum is by far the best iteration of the Magnum.

Halo’s weapon balance builds around the concept of a strong utility weapon that is given to the player at spawn and gives the player a means of getting back into combat without needing to seek an adequate weapon. The power weapons are what they should be seeking, and the rest of the weapons have their own niches and unique properties, which allow them to outplay the main utility weapon in certain situations.

Trying to force a precision weapon to not be the utility weapon misses they point of precision weapons in Halo: most encounters naturally happen at a range that is good for precision weapons, which means that most kills will inevitably be made with precision weapons. This should not be interpreted as precision weapons being overpowered, especially since they’re also the weapons in the sandbox that are the most sensitive to skill. Decreasing the effectiveness of precision weapons to artifically balance them with automatics and other niche weapons (or alternatively, giving niche weapons more effectiveness) only dulls the level of skill needed in encounters. The place of the utility weapons in the sandbox comes from the fact that in certain situations they are superior to the utility weapon, which makes them great choices to pick as a secondary weapon if the player has no power weapon.

Although I agree the halo 5 magnum was annoying and pretty op I rather them bring back the reach magnum or the halo 4 magnum. A kinda middle ground between all pistols

I’d say leave the magnum alone, this is the most balanced magnum they’ve had in any of the games.

wai what?! classic magnum =/= H3 magnum…
I’m with tsassi on this one, H2/3’s magnum was useless and CE had the best iteration of the Magnum, easy to learn, hard to master.
But I have to agree with the OP on one single point: H:I should return it’s utility weapon back to beeing a projectile weapon.
It isn’t only more fun to use (from my point of view), it would make balancing the weapon much easier as well due to how a projectile weapon has an additional layer of skill (leading shots depending on the distance) thus making it harder to use which allows for a making it more powerfull without beeing OP.

[deleted]

I hope they bring back all of the classic guns. And no more prometheans.

The Halo 5 sandbox is pretty close to perfect now. The 5 Magnum isn’t nearly as OP in its sandbox as the CE or Reach Magnum were for theirs. Likewise, you need to keep it from going too far in the other direction, as the 2 and 3 Magnums were literally useless.

Halo 3 literally was a joke of a magnum, even somehow worse than the Halo 2 one which at least could be dual wielded. I would just like to see a powerful magnum that feels like CE but a bit more balanced to AR’s (no scope on the pistol, small clip, lots of power).

Think McCree from Overwatch, I want that power in my Halo pistol. Make auto aim on the magnum next to zero and reward head shots only and punish body shots in comparison to an AR

H5’s magnum is actually my favourite magnum out if all the games. Every game that’s had it it’s been useless except for H1, I liked that they actually improved it and made it viable in H5, it’s the perfect starting weapon in my opinion.

> 2533274830420921;1:
> Halo 5 magnum is too Over powered ,bring back the halo 3 magnum – a spartan killed by a magnum like in h5 is a joke 1.shoots to fask(ttk)2.has increased distance 3.projectile must return.
> Halo’s magnum was always a weapon if everything else is gone like in halo 2 and 3 even reach had it balanced with BLOOM.But in h5 you don’t even need anything else just a magnum ruins halo weopon balance us essential.
>
> This is just a sample,going into detail will take more time.

Please no I loath Halo 3s magnum. It was the most useless weapon in that game. Which sucked because I enjoyed it in Halo CE and somewhat in 2. Halo 5 by far in my opinion has the best magnum in the series and I hope they don’t change it.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Hmmm?

Personally I think that the Halo 5 magnum is the best as it is…

The H5 pistol is pretty good I feel. I do think it’s range needs to be reduced a bit though, but overall it’s useful unlike many of the pistols in the past games that we’re beyond garbage!! Do that and the pistol is in a good spot.

I want the H5 Pistol back (with classic style zooming, not this terrible ADS style) and I definitely don’t want bloom or anything like it back either. One of the worst ideas in Halo ever!

I like the Halo 5 Magnum. it’s the best we’ve had in the series, Halo 2/3’s were useless and Halo: CE’s was ungodly overpowered.

> 2533274819030629;16:
> Halo: CE’s was ungodly overpowered.

No, it really wasn’t. It’s an extremely difficult weapon to get perfect kills with, and it gets beaten by almost every weapon in their respective niche (with the sole exception being the Needler, which is just a bad weapon). As a precision weapon that is given at spawn, it’s of course the weapon that will see the most frequent use, but being the most frequently used weapon is not the same as being overpowered. On the contrary, the CE Magnum the best one in the series, because it is the most difficult precision weapon to get perfect kills with in the whole franchise. It is also the most misunderstood weapon in the franchise, because most people aren’t bothered to think about the Halo CE sandbox beyond “3 shot kill = OP”.

> 2533274819030629;16:
> I like the Halo 5 Magnum. it’s the best we’ve had in the series, Halo 2/3’s were useless and Halo: CE’s was ungodly overpowered.

Yet I’ll willing drop my CE Magnum, with far more regularity than I ever would with any utility/precision weapon in later Halo games. And when I say that I mean that it is entirely viable and often preferable to do so. I can scarcely think of a reason I would ever drop a utility precision weapon in later Halo games unless I am just messing around.

The CE Pistol’s reputation as ‘OP’ mostly comes from the fact that it was powerful for something shaped like a Pistol(which was uncommon for shooters at the time) and the fact that it can OHK Hunters, which was clearly unintentional. It sounds broken on paper

Once you actually start to learn and understand CE, it becomes clear it is not the one gun game killing machine people make it out to be. Trying to rely entirely on your Pistol is actively limiting you as a player.

> 2533274825830455;17:
> > 2533274819030629;16:
> > Halo: CE’s was ungodly overpowered.
>
> No, it really wasn’t. It’s an extremely difficult weapon to get perfect kills with, and it gets beaten by almost every weapon in their respective niche (with the sole exception being the Needler, which is just a bad weapon). As a precision weapon that is given at spawn, it’s of course the weapon that will see the most frequent use, but being the most frequently used weapon is not the same as being overpowered. On the contrary, the CE Magnum the best one in the series, because it is the most difficult precision weapon to get perfect kills with in the whole franchise. It is also the most misunderstood weapon in the franchise, because most people aren’t bothered to think about the Halo CE sandbox beyond “3 shot kill = OP”.

You can think that if you want. A 3SK is overpowered because once you learn to aim consistently with it you’re good. It easily trumps every weapon in that sandbox except for power weapons.

> 2533274819446242;18:
> > 2533274819030629;16:
> > I like the Halo 5 Magnum. it’s the best we’ve had in the series, Halo 2/3’s were useless and Halo: CE’s was ungodly overpowered.
>
> Yet I’ll willing drop my CE Magnum, with far more regularity than I ever would with any utility/precision weapon in later Halo games. And when I say that I mean that it is entirely viable and often preferable to do so. I can scarcely think of a reason I would ever drop a utility precision weapon in later Halo games unless I am just messing around.
>
> The CE Pistol’s reputation as ‘OP’ mostly comes from the fact that it was powerful for something shaped like a Pistol(which was uncommon for shooters at the time) and the fact that it can OHK Hunters, which was clearly unintentional. It sounds broken on paper
>
> Once you actually start to learn and understand CE, it becomes clear it is not the one gun game killing machine people make it out to be. Trying to rely entirely on your Pistol is actively limiting you as a player.

I’ve played a lot of Halo: CE. Got days of playtime logged in the PC port and Custom Edition. The simple fact of the matter is that the CE Magnum is a fast 3SK weapon that is vastly superior to any non-power weapon.

H5 magnum is and unbalanced. I see no point in using any other weapon with the exception of power weapons.