Return old halo marines

Halo was most enjoyable to me when I could hear the comments from the marines or try to keep them alive Halo 5 has almost ZERO marines

H4 Marines looked uglier than those present in any other Halo game. Hopefully the ones in Halo Wars 2 are in Halo 6 instead of those H4 ones.

Bring in different types of marines like HW2 Hellbringers for example.

It’s all about the setting. It doesn’t make much sense for the marines to in the places where Halo 5 takes place.

> 2533274971565732;4:
> It’s all about the setting. It doesn’t make much sense for the marines to in the places where Halo 5 takes place.

exactly. doesn’t make much sense to have Marines where UNSC wasn’t allowed.

I don’t like the new marines, not because of design or voice… It’s their AI…

For lack of better words, their AI stinks. They jump like their in a B rated horror movie when a spartan comes up from behind them, yes this may be a scarry, but it’s comical and it leaves them open for attack. Marines may flinch, but they wont go “awwooowwa!” And jump back in fright. Watch the final scene in Star Wars Rogue One with Darth Vader and you’ll see what soilders do when their afraid on the field.

And don’t even get me started on the whole stance they have when they are idle… I never liked that, I truly disliked it in reach. They just look so funny looking… and so dopey… I would like their idle stance (and walking) to be redone a bit so personally.
They also lack formation. Halo 1 had a little of this, where the higher rank would be surrounded by lower Banks (something that can be missed as it is so minor) lets expand on that, where marines fallow there commander and will form up around him. Not aimlessly walk around hoping to see something to fight.

To be honest I mainly just don’t like the whole story. In the old halos you was part of a war and had marines all around you. Now your on spec ops missions and it’s just you and your team and it lacks a whole giant war feel.

I miss having marines the jump in your gunner seats and are excellent shots, you know they should have made the base marines in the initial spawn base jump into your vehicles when you pass by and constantly spawn more marines instead of sitting there like useless lumps.

> 2533274827113670;7:
> To be honest I mainly just don’t like the whole story. In the old halos you was part of a war and had marines all around you. Now your on spec ops missions and it’s just you and your team and it lacks a whole giant war feel.

Well a war between the created vs the creators is brewing… If that is what H6 will be about unless they end H5 in outside media like they did H4, and take H6 in a new direction… Which wouldn’t make me all that mad because if I have to fight the Warden again in H6 I may just punt the Xbox out the window.

> 2533274847563380;6:
> I don’t like the new marines, not because of design or voice… It’s their AI…
>
> For lack of better words, their AI stinks. They jump like their in a B rated horror movie when a spartan comes up from behind them, yes this may be a scarry, but it’s comical and it leaves them open for attack. Marines may flinch, but they wont go “awwooowwa!” And jump back in fright. Watch the final scene in Star Wars Rogue One with Darth Vader and you’ll see what soilders do when their afraid on the field.
>
> And don’t even get me started on the whole stance they have when they are idle… I never liked that, I truly disliked it in reach. They just look so funny looking… and so dopey… I would like their idle stance (and walking) to be redone a bit so personally.
> They also lack formation. Halo 1 had a little of this, where the higher rank would be surrounded by lower Banks (something that can be missed as it is so minor) lets expand on that, where marines fallow there commander and will form up around him. Not aimlessly walk around hoping to see something to fight.

This. In fact, expand on UNSC AI by giving a similar hierarchy to the Covenant. Maybe Marines will flee when their commanding officer is killed, until you rally them and they fight for you.

> 2533274887634572;1:
> Halo was most enjoyable to me when I could hear the comments from the marines or try to keep them alive Halo 5 has almost ZERO marines

Growing up with Halo by my side I loved to challenge myself to keep my marines alive to make a mission feel real and be like a personal accomplishment to keep them alive till we reached the parts where I had to leave them. I miss equipping them with the most powerful weapons and having them actually support me. I remember this one mission part from Halo 3 I think where you fight Scarab in New Mombasa and instead of a normal Warthog I would fill up a carrier warthog with four marines and each had rockets and I would wreck the thing because we would just blow all its legs off so quickly and especially that one mission where you fight two of them on the Ark while in Hornets.

> 2533274847563380;6:
> I don’t like the new marines, not because of design or voice… It’s their AI…
>
> For lack of better words, their AI stinks. They jump like their in a B rated horror movie when a spartan comes up from behind them, yes this may be a scarry, but it’s comical and it leaves them open for attack. Marines may flinch, but they wont go “awwooowwa!” And jump back in fright. Watch the final scene in Star Wars Rogue One with Darth Vader and you’ll see what soilders do when their afraid on the field.
>
> And don’t even get me started on the whole stance they have when they are idle… I never liked that, I truly disliked it in reach. They just look so funny looking… and so dopey… I would like their idle stance (and walking) to be redone a bit so personally.
> They also lack formation. Halo 1 had a little of this, where the higher rank would be surrounded by lower Banks (something that can be missed as it is so minor) lets expand on that, where marines fallow there commander and will form up around him. Not aimlessly walk around hoping to see something to fight.

I second this.

Friendly AI has took in a drastic downturn since Halo Reach and don’t get me started on their driving skills.

> 2533274887634572;1:
> Halo was most enjoyable to me when I could hear the comments from the marines or try to keep them alive Halo 5 has almost ZERO marines

Why would there be marines in Halo 5, like someone else said they’re not there because of the setting.
Marines in warzone are good, and are pretty helpful with identifying threats.