Return of the WORT

Did anyone else catch the classic CE elite sounds in the gameplay trailer? Please tell me this means… WORT WORT WORT

wort wort wort

> 2533274894306562;2:
> wort wort wort

WORBY

> 2533274907586463;1:
> Did anyone else catch the classic CE elite sounds in the gameplay trailer? Please tell me this means… WORT WORT WORT

This is one of my biggest complaints with infinite. The damn english covenant. I’m sorry but the emblematic, the essential WORT WORT WORT won’t come back. What a shame.

> 2535459079655548;4:
> > 2533274907586463;1:
> > Did anyone else catch the classic CE elite sounds in the gameplay trailer? Please tell me this means… WORT WORT WORT
>
> This is one of my biggest complaints with infinite. The damn english covenant. I’m sorry but the emblematic, the essential WORT WORT WORT won’t come back. What a shame.

They haven’t showed them speaking English in infinite how is that a complaint about a game we barely know anything about.
Edit: I was mistaken I missed it.

> 2533274862926994;5:
> > 2535459079655548;4:
> > > 2533274907586463;1:
> > > Did anyone else catch the classic CE elite sounds in the gameplay trailer? Please tell me this means… WORT WORT WORT
> >
> > This is one of my biggest complaints with infinite. The damn english covenant. I’m sorry but the emblematic, the essential WORT WORT WORT won’t come back. What a shame.
>
> They haven’t showed them speaking English in infinite how is that a complaint about a game we barely know anything about?
>
> Jumping to conclusions? What a shame.

What? I’m pretty Worting sure I heard each Banished unit from the trailer speak English at some point, including the Elites.

Id rather have them all speak English anyway- Halo 3 covenant dialogue is so much more appealing and hilarious than the stupid halo reach and 4 alien garble.

Any reason they can’t have the Elites speak English, but also go Wort Wort Wort in certain circumstances?

I definitely heard the brutes and grunts speaking English so I think it’s safe to assume the Elites speak it as well.

> 2533274964025169;7:
> I definitely heard the brutes and grunts speaking English so I think it’s safe to assume the Elites speak it as well.

Yeah I almost immediately edited my post as I was actually watching the trailer as I posted it but Italianforce94 was too fast for me. Egg on face and such.
Continue as your were… I’ll just sit quietly in the corner over here.

> 2533274907586463;1:
> Did anyone else catch the classic CE elite sounds in the gameplay trailer? Please tell me this means… WORT WORT WORT

Hopefully they talk in English but occasionally in Elite for the worts

> 2533274862926994;8:
> > 2533274964025169;7:
> > I definitely heard the brutes and grunts speaking English so I think it’s safe to assume the Elites speak it as well.
>
> Yeah I almost immediately edited my post as I was actually watching the trailer as I posted it but ItalianForce94 was too fast for me. Egg on face and such.
> Continue as your were… I’ll just sit quietly in the corner over here.

No hard feelings, bro.

That particular dialog moment by the Elites in the demo definitely won’t be in the game. There’s no way. That easily was just a thing they added to the demo.

I don’t mean to be a downer, but there’s no way they’d take a sound from Halo 1 and put it in Infinite. That was just something they probably added to the trailer to spice up that moment, devs do that all the time.

> 2533274894306562;2:
> wort wort wort

Wort, Wort, Wort!

> 2535459079655548;4:
> > 2533274907586463;1:
> > Did anyone else catch the classic CE elite sounds in the gameplay trailer? Please tell me this means… WORT WORT WORT
>
> This is one of my biggest complaints with infinite. The damn english covenant. I’m sorry but the emblematic, the essential WORT WORT WORT won’t come back. What a shame.

What? Really? Didn’t know this was an issue for some people haha I personally prefer a mixture of English and their own languages. They even spoke a little English in CE. I remember people like myself didn’t like that they spoke NO English at all in Reach & 4.

> 2533274847563380;11:
> That particular dialog moment by the Elites in the demo definitely won’t be in the game. There’s no way. That easily was just a thing they added to the demo.
>
> I don’t mean to be a downer, but there’s no way they’d take a sound from Halo 1 and put it in Infinite. That was just something they probably added to the trailer to spice up that moment, devs do that all the time.

I don’t know you could be right. But 343’s been saying they wanna recapture that Halo CE feeling with Infinite so it’d only make sense for it to be in the game.

> 2533274907586463;14:
> > 2533274847563380;11:
> > That particular dialog moment by the Elites in the demo definitely won’t be in the game. There’s no way. That easily was just a thing they added to the demo.
> >
> > I don’t mean to be a downer, but there’s no way they’d take a sound from Halo 1 and put it in Infinite. That was just something they probably added to the trailer to spice up that moment, devs do that all the time.
>
> I don’t know you could be right. But 343’s been saying they wanna recapture that Halo CE feeling with Infinite so it’d only make sense for it to be in the game.

I would love it too honestly, it would really bring back some good feelings. But 343 has pretty much made it clear that sounds and lines don’t carry over in their games.

I wouldn’t be suprised though if they do some sort of variant of the lines though. Almost every game so far has had an Elite that shouts WORT WORT WORT in his own voice. Even 4 had it.

> 2533274907586463;1:

aaaawuvadugh!

I’d love to but I also don’t have anything against understanding what the Elites are saying since Halo 2 :stuck_out_tongue:

I actually enjoy the English (plus it’s written off in canon as instant translation via implants etc I believe.)

I’ve loved it since I heard an Elite call me out in Halo 2 with “You are no warrior!!!”

> 2533274894306562;2:
> wort wort wort

AAAAAAAWUDABUGH!

> 2533274791984947;17:
> I actually enjoy the English (plus it’s written off in canon as instant translation via implants etc I believe.)
>
> I’ve loved it since I heard an Elite call me out in Halo 2 with “You are no warrior!!!”

Yes I’d say the trash talk is the main reason why I like the aliens to speak English.