Return of the Flood

I would just like to see a return of The Flood. They were honestly my favorite enemies in Halo. I am almost certain some people agree. Sure they were annoying to fight some times. But the Gravemind was an A1 villain. Not to mention the concept of the Flood and the unstoppable force they represented made the story so much more engaging. When you think about the Flood, they really bring about an impending sense of doom. And the idea the one Reconfigured Halo ring killed them off is silly to me. And if you liked fighting bosses in Halo 5 imagine fighting Flood bosses! That would be awesome in a warzone style game type. Infected teammates trying to kill you and other craziness. Sounds amazing to me.

Same. I like when the Flood arrive in campaign. It was cool to see Covenant and Sentinels skirmish Flood. The enemy of my enemy is my enemy!

Just think, we could have all out massive battles, Promethean, Covenant, Flood and UNSC battling it out for victory.

Quite possible we’ll see the Flood in Infinite since they were there in Awakening the Nightmare for Halo Wars 2 (the scam expansion that screwed over every season pass owner).

They better be. Prometheans and the Covenant Remnant are so boring when you fight them as they don’t feel like a real threat and are a joke at this point as Humanity are no longer the underdogs. The Flood can very well change that.

Its nice to see you enjoyed the flood, i know some people hated fighting the flood. I too hope they come come back and shift the war with Cortana. I also hope we see nee forms

I don’t want to see the Flood. Not for game mechanic reasons, but for story reasons. I don’t think introducing the Flood as a major enemy in Infinite makes sense with the current narrative (I don’t give credit to the Flood-related theories rolling around, they’re just theories). If they show up as a minor enemy in 1 or 2 levels, sure that’s ok. But I don’t want them to be revealed as the secret mastermind behind everything again (we already got that in the first trilogy).

> 2533274817408735;7:
> I don’t want to see the Flood. Not for game mechanic reasons, but for story reasons. I don’t think introducing the Flood as a major enemy in Infinite makes sense with the current narrative (I don’t give credit to the Flood-related theories rolling around, they’re just theories). If they show up as a minor enemy in 1 or 2 levels, sure that’s ok. But I don’t want them to be revealed as the secret mastermind behind everything again (we already got that in the first trilogy).

I can agree with that, but who could be a good enemy at this point with this cortana being the villain. Didact comeback or somethin? Aren’t the Flood/Primordial always the mastermind in the backround of Halo (even though they aren’t mentioned always), that seems to be the Precursor thing to do.
Like will the factions be:
UNSC + Swords of Sanghelios vs AI armies of [prometheans and what else?] + [maybe covenant factions joining her]

> 2533274817408735;7:
> I don’t want to see the Flood. Not for game mechanic reasons, but for story reasons. I don’t think introducing the Flood as a major enemy in Infinite makes sense with the current narrative (I don’t give credit to the Flood-related theories rolling around, they’re just theories). If they show up as a minor enemy in 1 or 2 levels, sure that’s ok. But I don’t want them to be revealed as the secret mastermind behind everything again (we already got that in the first trilogy).

The Flood weren’t really the masterminds behind everything in the original trilogy. The only time they were a serious threat was in Halo 3 where Chief activated Halo to destroy them. In Halo CE, he destroyed Halo mainly because of the threat of 343 Guilty Spark activating the ring rather than the threat the Flood posed.

I very much want them to play a major role as it would tie the 2 trilogies together( logic plague theory) and it would create an actual threat as Humanity are currently the number 1 species in the galaxy and dominate over the other races.

It would make sense since we may be fighting on a Halo ring. Just imagine the UNSC, Banished, Prometheans, Sentinels and the Flood all fighting in massive battles with vehicles for control of the Halo ring.

considering the flood is the center point of halo’s lore, it’s highly likely that it will make a return

> 2533274817408735;7:

the flood is too important in halos story to just make a ‘minor appearance in 1 or 2 levels’. everything revolves around the flood in halo and everything came to be how it is because of the flood. It can either only make a big return or none at all. Anything in between would be close to ridiculous given all the literature and history we have about the flood.

> 2533274820441404;12:
> > 2533274817408735;7:
> > I don’t want to see the Flood. Not for game mechanic reasons, but for story reasons. I don’t think introducing the Flood as a major enemy in Infinite makes sense with the current narrative (I don’t give credit to the Flood-related theories rolling around, they’re just theories). If they show up as a minor enemy in 1 or 2 levels, sure that’s ok. But I don’t want them to be revealed as the secret mastermind behind everything again (we already got that in the first trilogy).
>
> the flood is too important in halos story to just make a ‘minor appearance in 1 or 2 levels’. everything revolves around the flood in halo and everything came to be how it is because of the flood. It can either only make a big return or none at all.

Tell that to Halo Wars 2. ATN was a Flood-focused DLC with only a few missions. The entire Flood issue is both presented and resolved within the context of those missions (the Terminus FF mode is non-canon so doesn’t count). The Flood didn’t have major impact on the main story of HW2.

> 2533274817408735;13:
> > 2533274820441404;12:
> > > 2533274817408735;7:
> > > I don’t want to see the Flood. Not for game mechanic reasons, but for story reasons. I don’t think introducing the Flood as a major enemy in Infinite makes sense with the current narrative (I don’t give credit to the Flood-related theories rolling around, they’re just theories). If they show up as a minor enemy in 1 or 2 levels, sure that’s ok. But I don’t want them to be revealed as the secret mastermind behind everything again (we already got that in the first trilogy).
> >
> > the flood is too important in halos story to just make a ‘minor appearance in 1 or 2 levels’. everything revolves around the flood in halo and everything came to be how it is because of the flood. It can either only make a big return or none at all.
>
> Tell that to Halo Wars 2. ATN was a Flood-focused DLC with only a few missions. The entire Flood issue is both presented and resolved within the context of those missions (the Terminus FF mode is non-canon so doesn’t count). The Flood didn’t have major impact on the main story of HW2.

Halo Wars 2 was a spin off game that doesn’t have anywhere near the same pull as the mainstream Halo games. I get where you’re coming from, but it’s been ten years and like the other poster said, the Halos only exist because of the flood. They deserve has major of a role in the story as the covenant, banished, forerunners, ect.

I’m confused by the appearance of the Flood in the Halo Wars 2 DLC. Wasn’t the entire purpose of activating the Alpha Halo remake in Halo 3 to eradicate the local infection? Shouldn’t all life on the Ark have been eliminated? I know there’s some life there during Hunters in the Dark (which I have yet to read), but I assumed they were indexed species that were reborn after the activation of the ring. How did the Flood on the Ark survive the end of Halo 3, and does it not undermine everything we went through during the events of Halo 2 and 3?

> 2535415876049274;15:
> I’m confused by the appearance of the Flood in the Halo Wars 2 DLC. Wasn’t the entire purpose of activating the Alpha Halo remake in Halo 3 to eradicate the local infection? Shouldn’t all life on the Ark have been eliminated? I know there’s some life there during Hunters in the Dark (which I have yet to read), but I assumed they were indexed species that were reborn after the activation of the ring. How did the Flood on the Ark survive the end of Halo 3, and does it not undermine everything we went through during the events of Halo 2 and 3?

You ask all the right questions.

It’s never adequately explained. As part of the promotion for the DLC, 343i made some FAQs that included “how did the Flood survive Halo 3?”, to which their answer was “all it takes is one spore for the Flood to come back”. And the the collectible intenin the DLC itself didn’t even explain how the Flood survived. It really seems like ATN was just fan service.

> 2533274817408735;13:
> > 2533274820441404;12:
> > > 2533274817408735;7:
> > > I don’t want to see the Flood. Not for game mechanic reasons, but for story reasons. I don’t think introducing the Flood as a major enemy in Infinite makes sense with the current narrative (I don’t give credit to the Flood-related theories rolling around, they’re just theories). If they show up as a minor enemy in 1 or 2 levels, sure that’s ok. But I don’t want them to be revealed as the secret mastermind behind everything again (we already got that in the first trilogy).
> >
> > the flood is too important in halos story to just make a ‘minor appearance in 1 or 2 levels’. everything revolves around the flood in halo and everything came to be how it is because of the flood. It can either only make a big return or none at all.
>
> Tell that to Halo Wars 2. ATN was a Flood-focused DLC with only a few missions. The entire Flood issue is both presented and resolved within the context of those missions (the Terminus FF mode is non-canon so doesn’t count). The Flood didn’t have major impact on the main story of HW2.

well obviously we’re not talking about a strategy spin off game (which should have a lot more artistical and literal freedom anyways), but the sixth major installment of halo.

> 2533274820441404;17:
> > 2533274817408735;13:
> > > 2533274820441404;12:
> > > > 2533274817408735;7:
> > > > I don’t want to see the Flood. Not for game mechanic reasons, but for story reasons. I don’t think introducing the Flood as a major enemy in Infinite makes sense with the current narrative (I don’t give credit to the Flood-related theories rolling around, they’re just theories). If they show up as a minor enemy in 1 or 2 levels, sure that’s ok. But I don’t want them to be revealed as the secret mastermind behind everything again (we already got that in the first trilogy).
> > >
> > > the flood is too important in halos story to just make a ‘minor appearance in 1 or 2 levels’. everything revolves around the flood in halo and everything came to be how it is because of the flood. It can either only make a big return or none at all.
> >
> > Tell that to Halo Wars 2. ATN was a Flood-focused DLC with only a few missions. The entire Flood issue is both presented and resolved within the context of those missions (the Terminus FF mode is non-canon so doesn’t count). The Flood didn’t have major impact on the main story of HW2.
>
> well obviously we’re not talking about a strategy spin off game (which should have a lot more artistical and literal freedom anyways), but the sixth major installment of halo.

A game’s a game, mate. You said the Flood is too important to Halo’s story to make only a minor appearance. I provided an example of a game that did just that. Too late to play semantics now.

Besides, the narrative director at 343i said in an interview before HW2 launched that its story would majorly impact Halo 6. So it’s not like HW2 should just be written off as not important to the narrative.

> 2533274817408735;18:
> > 2533274820441404;17:
> > > 2533274817408735;13:
> > > > 2533274820441404;12:
> > > > > 2533274817408735;7:
> > > > > I don’t want to see the Flood. Not for game mechanic reasons, but for story reasons. I don’t think introducing the Flood as a major enemy in Infinite makes sense with the current narrative (I don’t give credit to the Flood-related theories rolling around, they’re just theories). If they show up as a minor enemy in 1 or 2 levels, sure that’s ok. But I don’t want them to be revealed as the secret mastermind behind everything again (we already got that in the first trilogy).
> > > >
> > > > the flood is too important in halos story to just make a ‘minor appearance in 1 or 2 levels’. everything revolves around the flood in halo and everything came to be how it is because of the flood. It can either only make a big return or none at all.
> > >
> > > Tell that to Halo Wars 2. ATN was a Flood-focused DLC with only a few missions. The entire Flood issue is both presented and resolved within the context of those missions (the Terminus FF mode is non-canon so doesn’t count). The Flood didn’t have major impact on the main story of HW2.
> >
> > well obviously we’re not talking about a strategy spin off game (which should have a lot more artistical and literal freedom anyways), but the sixth major installment of halo.
>
> A game’s a game, mate. You said the Flood is too important to Halo’s story to make only a minor appearance. I provided an example of a game that did just that. Too late to play semantics now.
>
> Besides, the narrative director at 343i said in an interview before HW2 launched that its story would majorly impact Halo 6. So it’s not like HW2 should just be written off as not important to the narrative.

Yeah, you really can’t shift the goal posts like that person did. Hell, the Flood was mentioned in Halo 4, but only through the terminals, the Librarian’s conversation to Chief and in a simulated fashion with the Infection multiplayer mode, so that’s about as minor as you can get.

A horror level about a Lekgolo hive would be pretty new and interesting