Return of the DMR?

DMR?

As you all know, the newest Bulletin has been uploaded today to HaloWaypoint. In it, we hear some delicious info on the illustrious BR (Battle Rifle). If you haven’t seen the Bulletin, which is very strange, then go to this link.

Bulletin Anyways, now for the good stuff. In the Bulletin it says quote on quote <mark>“In regard to the scope in particular, traditionally, Halo has had one type of each weapon per game. Taking into consideration Halo 4’s sandbox, we went with the square scope to differentiate it from other guns and rifles that have bulky scopes on them…”</mark>

Could this mean the return of other precision weapons such as the DMR? It does say that they want the weapons (BR) scope to differ from others. Almost all precision weapons (if not all) have a scope, if what they are saying is not a load of Yoink! Then that could possibly mean the return of the DMR. What do you guys think? Discuss.

KEEP IT CLEAN

Needle Rifle,Carbine,Forerunner doo hicky

I hope not

Frankie said in a interview that the dmr will not be returning. But he said there will be a new 1 shot gun.

> Needle Rifle,Carbine,Forerunner doo hicky

Indeed true, but only UNSC weapons have scopes that are bulky.

I hope not. The DMR sucks.

> Frankie said in a interview that the dmr will not be returning. But he said there will be a new 1 shot gun.

Thats cool. Link?

Whilst I actually prefer the DMR to the battle rifle (at least in the campaign), I think that having both would be somewhat redundant. I simply can’t see how they would differ enough to warrant the use of both weapons. What I really wish they had done is resurrect the pre-release version of Halo 2’s battle rifle, which used a three round burst ordinarily and a single shot when zoomed in.

> Frankie said in a interview that the dmr will not be returning. But he said there will be a new 1 shot gun.

New shotgun? Link…?

> > Needle Rifle,Carbine,Forerunner doo hicky
>
> Indeed true, but only UNSC weapons have scopes that are bulky.

Well what about the new forerunner tech? We dont know what it looks like yet.

> > Frankie said in a interview that the dmr will not be returning. But he said there will be a new 1 shot gun.
>
> New shotgun? Link…?

I meant a new single shot weapon.

> > > Frankie said in a interview that the dmr will not be returning. But he said there will be a new 1 shot gun.
> >
> > New shotgun? Link…?
>
> I meant a new single shot weapon.

Oh… I think I know what you’re referring to.

And he said there would “still be single shot weapons.” The Magnum is a single shot weapon, so yeah…

> > > Needle Rifle,Carbine,Forerunner doo hicky
> >
> > Indeed true, but only UNSC weapons have scopes that are bulky.
>
> Well what about the new forerunner tech? We dont know what it looks like yet.

Im guessing its slim and easy to operate. But there will most definitely be at least one forerunner weapon.

> > > > Frankie said in a interview that the dmr will not be returning. But he said there will be a new 1 shot gun.
> > >
> > > New shotgun? Link…?
> >
> > I meant a new single shot weapon.
>
> Oh… I think I know what you’re referring to.
>
> And he said there would “still be single shot weapons.” The Magnum is a single shot weapon, so yeah…

Yepp. Sorry for the confusion. He also said there would be other single shot weapons besides the pistol.

Either that, or there is a new gun that will take the place of the DMR.

It gets me thinking. Seeing as certain weapons are better than others at certain ranges, maybe this gun would take the place of the BR in terms of very long distances, such as taking out targets across the map?

Just something cooking in my brain pan…