Return of BOB Elites

My favorite part of halo reach was the bob elite

I remember finding my first B.O.B. Elite, he sent me flying off the map with his Concussion Rifle on Winter Contingency.

> 2533274879757912;2:
> I remember finding my first B.O.B. Elite, he sent me flying off the map with his Concussion Rifle on Winter Contingency.

O those are the memories I treasure

> 2533275009973021;3:
> > 2533274879757912;2:
> > I remember finding my first B.O.B. Elite, he sent me flying off the map with his Concussion Rifle on Winter Contingency.
>
> O those are the memories I treasure

RIP Noble’s 1, 5, and 6 that day…KIA by one B.O.B. via cliff.

I don’t mean this the wrong way, but what made BOBs so special? Like why do people like them so much? Just curious.

> 2533274824050480;5:
> I don’t mean this the wrong way, but what made BOBs so special? Like why do people like them so much? Just curious.

Firstly, ,most video game Easter Eggs take the form of static objects on various levels. The (somewhat) randomized nature of the BOB spawns made hunting them down on each level a fun way to spice up replays of Reach’s campaign.

Secondly, some of us are ancient enough to remember Marathon and we liked the little nod by Bungie (BOB was the common designation of the human NPCs in the Marathon series).

Reach Elites were awesome, I’d like them back too.

> 2533274870884222;6:
> > 2533274824050480;5:
> > I don’t mean this the wrong way, but what made BOBs so special? Like why do people like them so much? Just curious.
>
> Firstly, ,most video game Easter Eggs take the form of static objects on various levels. The (somewhat) randomized nature of the BOB spawns made hunting them down on each level a fun way to spice up replays of Reach’s campaign.
>
> Secondly, some of us are ancient enough to remember Marathon and we liked the little nod by Bungie (BOB was the common designation of the human NPCs in the Marathon series).

I get it now, thanks. All for having BOBs make a return :slight_smile: I remember seeing those Elites when Reach was new, but it was years later I learned they were not just your run-of-the-mill high-ranking Elite.

If by BOBs, you mean “Unique random enemies that may or may not pop up as an Easter Egg”, sure.

and never leave a B.O.B. alive!

frogblast the vent core.