Return BTB to it's glory Days

Please add Objective in to the BTB playlist

It’s what many love about BTB and its part of why BTB was so popular in past games

If added correctly it could help the population grow.

Please and Thx

Big Team Slayer is the most popular playlist because it’s pure Slayer. Just like Team Objective is less popular than Team Slayer. If 343i are about to add 8v8 objective gametypes I hope there will be separate playlist for it, leaving Big Team Slayer as it is now.

I hated all this bomb/flag/whatever 8v8 mess in past Halo games. I like Dominion, but it doesn’t bothers me much if it’s 6v6 or 8v8, since I cannot remember any BTB match in Halo 3 or Reach, which had all 16 players from start to finish :wink: (hooray for JIP!)

Big teams doing pretty good, best population in the game(which has always gone to slayer)

Forcing objective on the majority to restore the vocal minority’s glory days just doesn’t make sense, that said they’ll do it eventually. It makes no sense after all

I can’t believe some of the replies in this thread. The people defending Slayer over Objective just didn’t like that the only way to win wasn’t to mindlessly kill something! There’s nothing wrong with throwing Objective into the mix!

I think Reach ruined BTB. Everyone just wanted to shoot people, and not play for the objective. Halo truly is dying from the Tyranny of the Majority.

Yes please add objective to BTB.

Harvest would be a good addition too.It’s big enough for 8v8. it has 4 Warthogs -Yoink!- it’s a BTB map!

Step 1.)Bring flag and 3 plot extraction
Step 2.)Remove Rockets, fuel rods, icannons, lasers, and snipers from personal ordinance
Step 3.) Place said weapons in fixed, contestable positions.

Look at that more interesting BTB without ridiculous amounts of high tier power weapons.

> Big Team Slayer is the most popular playlist because it’s pure Slayer. Just like Team Objective is less popular than Team Slayer. If 343i are about to add 8v8 objective gametypes I hope there will be separate playlist for it, leaving Big Team Slayer as it is now.

Because lets just split the population even more.

OT: BTB.net settings pls!

Well you do realize the playlist is called Big Team Infinity Slayer…
Also I agree with everyone else in making it a seperate playlist. Don’t you remember the “glory days” of your teammates just killing the enemy team in CTF, and not even being successful at that? Remember the days of bomb when you were the only one who touched the bomb, on both teams? Remember the days when every game ended up being 1vs8, and you either had to be the good guy and take the flag while your teammates spawn killed that lone player, or had to try your best to not leave the game with 12 kills to 54 deaths? Remember? Because I do, and that’s what happened every time I tried playing Big Team Battle in Halo Reach or Social Big Team in Halo 3.

> > Big Team Slayer is the most popular playlist because it’s pure Slayer. Just like Team Objective is less popular than Team Slayer. If 343i are about to add 8v8 objective gametypes I hope there will be separate playlist for it, leaving Big Team Slayer as it is now.
>
> Because lets just split the population even more.
>
>
> OT: BTB.net settings pls!

So many people plays it because it’s Slayer. If you force them to play some objective types, there will be no split. Those people will be gone.

> > > Big Team Slayer is the most popular playlist because it’s pure Slayer. Just like Team Objective is less popular than Team Slayer. If 343i are about to add 8v8 objective gametypes I hope there will be separate playlist for it, leaving Big Team Slayer as it is now.
> >
> > Because lets just split the population even more.
> >
> >
> > OT: BTB.net settings pls!
>
> So many people plays it because it’s Slayer. If you force them to play some objective types, there will be no split. Those people will be gone.

Yet BTB in Reach was one of the most popular playists with both Slayer and Objective.

> Big Team Slayer is the most popular playlist because it’s pure Slayer. Just like Team Objective is less popular than Team Slayer. If 343i are about to add 8v8 objective gametypes I hope there will be separate playlist for it, leaving Big Team Slayer as it is now.
>
> I hated all this bomb/flag/whatever 8v8 mess in past Halo games. I like Dominion, but it doesn’t bothers me much if it’s 6v6 or 8v8, since I cannot remember any BTB match in Halo 3 or Reach, which had all 16 players from start to finish :wink: (hooray for JIP!)

The BTB playlists have always had the biggest populations in past Halo games

Adding objective in to the already Slayer playlist wouldn’t hurt the population as There not playing it for the slayer aspect There playing it because they enjoy the 8v8 BigTeamBattle aspect otherwise they would just go play 4v4 Slayer.

> > Big Team Slayer is the most popular playlist because it’s pure Slayer. Just like Team Objective is less popular than Team Slayer. If 343i are about to add 8v8 objective gametypes I hope there will be separate playlist for it, leaving Big Team Slayer as it is now.
> >
> > I hated all this bomb/flag/whatever 8v8 mess in past Halo games. I like Dominion, but it doesn’t bothers me much if it’s 6v6 or 8v8, since I cannot remember any BTB match in Halo 3 or Reach, which had all 16 players from start to finish :wink: (hooray for JIP!)
>
> The BTB playlists have always had the biggest populations in past Halo games
>
> Adding objective in to the already Slayer playlist wouldn’t hurt the population as There not playing it for the slayer aspect There playing it because they enjoy the 8v8 BigTeamBattle aspect otherwise they would just go play 4v4 Slayer.

BTB population was usually around 1/3 (more in beginning, less and less with each month) of population of regular Team Slayer. Even when Team Slayer is splitted into Ranked and Social in Halo 3, BTB population was eventually much below each of it.

Adding objective gametypes into BTS would hurt it’s population just like adding objective gametypes into 4v4 Team Slayer.

People who plays Big Team Slayer just likes bigger maps, more people to kill, riding vehicles and all that stuff. Please don’t take it from them (or me). If you want to play 8v8 objective it ok. 343i should make some 8v8 objective playlist since they’re putting in Sniper, Doubles, Throwdown and all that small stuff as well. But don’t be surprised if it’s population is no bigger of than 150% of current Team Objective playlist.

Not everyone likes playing objective gametypes with 15 random people. After many years 343i understood this and they made Big Team Slayer - the most populate playlist in Halo 4.

BTB has always had one of the highest populations, and adding some objective gametype wouldn’t hurt, especially with the introduction of infinity ctf which still gives the core demographic what they want (power weapons).

My personal opinion is that BTB should incorporate Infinity CTF, Extraction, and maybe Team Regicide to imitate VIP like in previous Halo titles.

I agree with you OP.

Halo always had assault, ctf, and territories. The fact that they arnt in now is just showing us that 343i wants us to play the game the way they want it to be played. They do not want you to play this game and make you feel like your playing a previous halo. They want it to be their halo, which is why everything is fiesta and ever gametype has been changed.

I honestly would love to see objective be thrown in there because thats what make BTB so popular in the first place. The fact that it was total war over a flag/bomb was the main reason people played it.

It wouldnt hurt the population at all because most casuals do NOT care about killing or dying. So how would them running for the flag or bomb decrease the population of the playlist?

Seriously objective would improve this game so much because then it would be power weapon madness every single game. This game is to random. So matches actually are won solely on personal weapon drops because of LUCK.

So really objective would be nice because it was always there. Just because people spawn killed in reach isnt a reason why it shouldnt be added. I do agree that the main issues in the past were the banshee mainly in reach. But you cant say that you dont want this because one team was better than the other and won because the matching system was poorly designed. No ranking system is the reason why noobs hate this idea and they dont even realize it.

A ranking system and parties facing parties would fix all the worries about spawn killing. Teams would face teams and noobs would face noobs. Please dont ruin this for others. No need to add more playlists to further divide the players. I say add it.

> Step 1.)Bring flag and 3 plot extraction
> Step 2.)Remove Rockets, fuel rods, icannons, lasers, and snipers from personal ordinance
> Step 3.) Place said weapons in fixed, contestable positions.
>
> Look at that more interesting BTB without ridiculous amounts of high tier power weapons.

Agree 100%
The randomness of the pods is ridiculous. And it should be changed

>
> Because lets just split the population even more.
>
>
> OT: BTB.net settings pls!

This^ big team slayer only is boring. All people do is camp around their base because there is no motivation for them to move since they get power weapons GIVEN to them.

> BTB population was usually around 1/3 (more in beginning, less and less with each month) of population of regular Team Slayer. Even when Team Slayer is splitted into Ranked and Social in Halo 3, BTB population was eventually much below each of it.
>
> Adding objective gametypes into BTS would hurt it’s population just like adding objective gametypes into 4v4 Team Slayer.
>
> People who plays Big Team Slayer just likes bigger maps, more people to kill, riding vehicles and all that stuff. Please don’t take it from them (or me). If you want to play 8v8 objective it ok. 343i should make some 8v8 objective playlist since they’re putting in Sniper, Doubles, Throwdown and all that small stuff as well. But don’t be surprised if it’s population is no bigger of than 150% of current Team Objective playlist.
>
> Not everyone likes playing objective gametypes with 15 random people. After many years 343i understood this and they made Big Team Slayer - the most populate playlist in Halo 4.

How would putting the SLAYER population and the OBJECTIVE population in to one playlist make it go down .

Remember it’s a voting option so everyone could pick what they wanted

And not everyone plays with 15 randoms on the map some have small or large teams playing together

I play BTB 99% of the time and would love a great mix of Slayer and Objective

No.

Either they make them seperate playlists or BTB stays the way it is I HATED playing those boring -Yoink- objective games in reach/halo 3 and a lot of people will agree with me.

Majority rules and the majority of btb players prefer Slayer they shouldn’t ruin it because of some whiny minority.

There are more than 2000 people in Social Team Slayer in Halo 3, while less than 100 in BTB. 2000 in Reach’s Team Slayer, half of that number in BTB.
Now Halo 4:
More than 12000 in Team Slayer, 20000 in Big Team Slayer. Only 1400 in Team Objective. Crimson playlist, which was closest to BTB had 150 before it was shutted down.
If you think forcing people to play objective gametypes in Big Team Slayer will improve anything, you’re delusional.

> No.
>
> Either they make them seperate playlists or BTB stays the way it is I HATED playing those boring -Yoink!- objective games in reach/halo 3 and a lot of people will agree with me.
>
> Majority rules and the majority of btb players prefer Slayer they shouldn’t ruin it because of some whiny minority.

Well that’s selfish

I would prefer to make everyone happy
So more people can enjoy the game.