Retruning to Halo 5

Returning to Halo 5 after a long break and its taking forever to find a game. Is the community dead?

Ive seen a lot of these posts lately but i never have issues finding games.

Ever since the H3 playlist was thrown in, search times for matches have been incredibly long. ske7ch and the team have looked into the issue, though I’m unaware of the full extent of their efforts.

I’ve been having trouble with long wait times as well, not sure if its population related or not though.

Probably has to do with Destiny 2’s release.

It really depends on which playlist you are in and what time of day your are searching. Obviously evenings in the US are the best time to try and get matches

I have had no issues with this whatsoever, but I don’t think it’s population size. Halo 5 still has a strong following. I think it’s due to one of their playlist changes recently.

> 2535429593088083;3:
> Ever since the H3 playlist was thrown in, search times for matches have been incredibly long.

I think this is an accurate assessment.

> 2533274794648158;5:
> Probably has to do with Destiny 2’s release.

I don’t think Destiny 2 has had a major effect on population size for Halo 5.

> 2533274794648158;5:
> Probably has to do with Destiny 2’s release.

Pretty much why I no longer play, if it wasn’t destiny then it would’ve been PUBG or SWBF2. My own community is halo based and we don’t play the game near as much as we used to and the lobbies no longer get stacked, we’re lucky if we get 4 people when we do group up for a game night.

id also say the game is years old at this point, it’s pop is only going to get lower and lower and if I was a returning player, there is definitely a huge difference in search times, especially depending on what playlist your searching in.

I think the Halo 5 community is quite active especially compared to Halo 4 postlaunch. We don’t get the numbers but around 5-10K are watching the HCS which gets a hint that a there are a great amount of people still invested in Halo. Halo games will probably never reach the heights of Halo 3 in population (even though it deserves it) but I do think Halo 5 is on it’s way of getting back to that form. I sure hope so.

There have been modifications made to the matchmaking search process which has resulted in the matchmaker taking a longer amount of time between progressively loosening the skill-gap when searching for players/fireteams to formulate opposing teams. I advise you read the Matchmaking Feedback Updates by 343i employee Josh Menke. Here is an archive of past threads and here is the current active thread.

I think it’s a combination of lower player base, Destiny 2 being out and tighter MMR restrictions in Social if that’s what you were trying to play.

The social and ranked matches has definanetly gotten longer. No doubt about that wzff is still fast and wz is somewhat slower but not horrible.

I forgot how long since I played it I forgot my password to my main so I can’t even play it anymore without being a level 146 but anywho I don’t play the game simply because I got bored of it at one point

What is Retruning?

> 2533274833638123;14:
> What is Retruning?

Portmanteau of “retcon” and “tuning”. It’s what happens when 343 tweaks the weapon sandbox, but the established canon says they were always like that in the multiplayer simulation. The extra R was added when Dr. Steve Brule tried to pronounce it.

Try HCS Slayer or Breakout pretty easy to find matches for me

I still get on halo a few times a week. I don’t have problems finding a game except for the warzone assault playlist.

They did some some tweaking to the mm, particularly social mm a while ago. At first this was great for me because I play in a team of 8 in btb fairly often. We were only getting teams, and good teams, all night long. Some of the best halo I’ve played since release. But wait times did go up, significantly. Now it seems to be much looser again.

I dont know if these changes affect me finding games in warzone assault but it was at the exact time they switched up the mm that I began having trouble getting into a game. It’s a shame because while the WZA portion of the halo community is rather small compared to the rest of the game there are some very dedicated players in that playlist. I’ve played hundreds of games against the same tags the past couple years, and they just kept on going in WZA.

> 2535473635314008;17:
> I still get on halo a few times a week. I don’t have problems finding a game except for the warzone assault playlist.
>
> They did some some tweaking to the mm, particularly social mm a while ago. At first this was great for me because I play in a team of 8 in btb fairly often. We were only getting teams, and good teams, all night long. Some of the best halo I’ve played since release. But wait times did go up, significantly. Now it seems to be much looser again.
>
> I dont know if these changes affect me finding games in warzone assault but it was at the exact time they switched up the mm that I began having trouble getting into a game. It’s a shame because while the WZA portion of the halo community is rather small compared to the rest of the game there are some very dedicated players in that playlist. I’ve played hundreds of games against the same tags the past couple years, and they just kept on going in WZA.

I have noticed the same with WZA. I have turned on expanded during solo queue and that has seemed to help me get into games faster. I do play in the evenings which helps as well