'Resupply' could ruin Halo for me

First, let me start by saying that this is not a hate thread. I have enjoyed every Halo game that has come out to date. While the majority of people complained about Halo Reach and it’s short comings (bloom/AA’s) I learned to play the game that was presented to me, evolving as a gamer.

With that stated… My main concern with Halo 4 is in the form of Specialization’s. Primarily the “Resupply” specialization. I have a lot of question about a lot of the new play mechanics in general but ‘Resupply’ worries me most. Being that Halo hasn’t had anything particularly close to these type of feature, the only thing that I know how to compare it to is Cal of Duty… which I’m not a fan of. The reason that I draw this comparison is because it sounds like 343 is taking out the ability to simply walk over a fallen enemy to resupply weapons by including this ‘specialization’. Which in turn is akin to COD’s mechanic for resupplying.

I have no proof of this. I don’t know if this is how the ‘specialization’ works. I’m just a little concerned and hope that my scenario is not the case.

Hey. Ease up man, Resupply allows you to pick up grenades off of dead enemies, but you can still pick up ammo off of dead enemies without a perk. Resupply is just to limit grenade spam but grenades still spawn on the map so its all good bro.

Oh and these are armor mods, specializations are something completely different.

From what I have heard, is that Resupply will only affect grenades from fallen enemies. They didn’t state anything regarding weapons in that matter, so I will assume that they can be picked up whatever specialisation you have. Plus there will always be some default grenade spawns on the map, where you can (most likely) restock on grenades even without the specialisation.

Well, this is just my interpretation of what I have seen.

^ heh, you beat me to it.

It’s only for grenades. Not guns

Take a chill pill

Threads like this ruin Halo for me! :frowning:

Nah just kidding, Halo is awesome.

And like others said, it’s to stop the grenade spamming. You can still only pick up ammo from dropped weapons. But people won’t drop grenades anymore and you can only take grenades of somebody if you have that specialisation.

Grenades are still on the map.

Resupply really irritates me. I am fine with most of the new aspects of Halo 4 but the very nature of it rubs me the wrong way.

Whoops I forgot how to pick up grenades without special permission. Grenade spam is a ridiculous excuse as people who don’t have this perk are probably more likely to spam grenades wildly because it will be use it or lose it.

I would rather see us only be able to pick up two of two types of grenades at a time(Press and hold B to switch selected grenade) so with a loadout system with several types of grenades you are less likely to pick up grenades of your type but you won’t be completely grenadeless. You obviously don’t need to have access to two of every grenade all the time. It was a little excessive in H3 and ODST.

> Resupply really irritates me. I am fine with most of the new aspects of Halo 4 but the very nature of it rubs me the wrong way.
>
> Whoops I forgot how to pick up grenades without special permission. Grenade spam is a ridiculous excuse as people who don’t have this perk are probably more likely to spam grenades wildly because it will be use it or lose it.

Pretty much this^

> Resupply really irritates me. I am fine with most of the new aspects of Halo 4 but the very nature of it rubs me the wrong way.
>
> Whoops I forgot how to pick up grenades without special permission. Grenade spam is a ridiculous excuse as people who don’t have this perk are probably more likely to spam grenades wildly because it will be use it or lose it.
>
> I would rather see us only be able to pick up two of two types of grenades at a time(Press and hold B to switch selected grenade) so with a loadout system with several types of grenades you are less likely to pick up grenades of your type but you won’t be completely grenadeless. You obviously don’t need to have access to two of every grenade all the time. It was a little excessive in H3 and ODST.

ok imagine this.

1 team. 4 players . Team + 4 grenade slots= 8 nades per player. 8 * 4 = 36 grenades for the team which is WAAYY to much.

Resupply helps limit that by only giving players with the armor mod to do so.

People won’t spam grenades as much… at least

> > Resupply really irritates me. I am fine with most of the new aspects of Halo 4 but the very nature of it rubs me the wrong way.
> >
> > Whoops I forgot how to pick up grenades without special permission. Grenade spam is a ridiculous excuse as people who don’t have this perk are probably more likely to spam grenades wildly because it will be use it or lose it.
> >
> > I would rather see us only be able to pick up two of two types of grenades at a time(Press and hold B to switch selected grenade) so with a loadout system with several types of grenades you are less likely to pick up grenades of your type but you won’t be completely grenadeless. You obviously don’t need to have access to two of every grenade all the time. It was a little excessive in H3 and ODST.
>
> ok imagine this.
>
> 1 team. 4 players . Team + 4 grenade slots= 8 nades per player. 8 * 4 = 36 grenades for the team which is WAAYY to much.
>
> Resupply helps limit that by only giving players with the armor mod to do so.

Maybe you should read all the way through next time. I said I would be fine with only 2 grenade slots(You have to swap out grenade types like you do with weapons so Frags/Plasma or Plasma/EMP, etc) with a max of two grenades so 4x4 gives you 16 which is half of32 Of what you are talking about.

Grenades are not power weapons. They are part of the golden triangle. Saying that there are “too many” grenades is like saying that each team has “too many” weapons or “too many” melees.

> > > Resupply really irritates me. I am fine with most of the new aspects of Halo 4 but the very nature of it rubs me the wrong way.
> > >
> > > Whoops I forgot how to pick up grenades without special permission. Grenade spam is a ridiculous excuse as people who don’t have this perk are probably more likely to spam grenades wildly because it will be use it or lose it.
> > >
> > > I would rather see us only be able to pick up two of two types of grenades at a time(Press and hold B to switch selected grenade) so with a loadout system with several types of grenades you are less likely to pick up grenades of your type but you won’t be completely grenadeless. You obviously don’t need to have access to two of every grenade all the time. It was a little excessive in H3 and ODST.
> >
> > ok imagine this.
> >
> > 1 team. 4 players . Team + 4 grenade slots= 8 nades per player. 8 * 4 = 36 grenades for the team which is WAAYY to much.
> >
> > Resupply helps limit that by only giving players with the armor mod to do so.
>
> Maybe you should read all the way through next time. <mark>I said I would be fine with only 2 grenade slots</mark>(You have to swap out grenade types like you do with weapons so Frags/Plasma or Plasma/EMP, etc) with a max of two grenades so 4x4 gives you 16 which is half of32 Of what you are talking about.
>
> Grenades are not power weapons. They are part of the golden triangle. Saying that there are “too many” grenades is like saying that each team has “too many” weapons or “too many” melees.

I dont care what your fine with. THERE ARE 4 GRENADE SLOTS. Frag-Plasma-EMP-Unknown. And I said 36 for the WHOLE TEAM. 16 x 2=36 and you pick up whatever grenade the person you walk over has from what I played.

> > > > Resupply really irritates me. I am fine with most of the new aspects of Halo 4 but the very nature of it rubs me the wrong way.
> > > >
> > > > Whoops I forgot how to pick up grenades without special permission. Grenade spam is a ridiculous excuse as people who don’t have this perk are probably more likely to spam grenades wildly because it will be use it or lose it.
> > > >
> > > > I would rather see us only be able to pick up two of two types of grenades at a time(Press and hold B to switch selected grenade) so with a loadout system with several types of grenades you are less likely to pick up grenades of your type but you won’t be completely grenadeless. You obviously don’t need to have access to two of every grenade all the time. It was a little excessive in H3 and ODST.
> > >
> > > ok imagine this.
> > >
> > > 1 team. 4 players . Team + 4 grenade slots= 8 nades per player. 8 * 4 = 36 grenades for the team which is WAAYY to much.
> > >
> > > Resupply helps limit that by only giving players with the armor mod to do so.
> >
> > Maybe you should read all the way through next time. <mark>I said I would be fine with only 2 grenade slots</mark>(You have to swap out grenade types like you do with weapons so Frags/Plasma or Plasma/EMP, etc) with a max of two grenades so 4x4 gives you 16 which is half of32 Of what you are talking about.
> >
> > Grenades are not power weapons. They are part of the golden triangle. Saying that there are “too many” grenades is like saying that each team has “too many” weapons or “too many” melees.
>
> I dont care what your fine with. THERE ARE 4 GRENADE SLOTS. Frag-Plasma-EMP-Unknown. And I said 36 for the WHOLE TEAM. 16 x 2=36 and you pick up whatever grenade the person you walk over has from what I played.

LRN 2 MATH. I realize that is how it works in the game. I was suggesting alternatives to resupply that are reasonable. So rather than try reasonable solutions you are okay with creating a perk that is basically tailored for grenade spamming.

Sometimes spamming can be excessive but I would take it easily over a clunky solution like resupply. It is in the same situation as Bungie adding no bleedthrough to combat the deathcharge rather than taking the sensible solution of nerfing melee or buffing health. Not only did the nerf grenades from Reach(which is prefectly fine) but then they do this for no reason I can see.

Not to mention how often do you actually have access to 2 of every single type of grenade? So you almost never have fully stocked grenades in multiplayer.

yes, I agree with the OP.

It damages one of the major pillars Halo. Gun, Grenades, Melees.

So now I have to use a perk to access one of the core functions of the Halo experience?

(and yes I know you spawn with them)

It only deals with grenades, not all of your weapons. And there are still grenades on the map (or your ordinance) that you CAN pick up. It just reduces grenade spamming, that’s all. While playing Halo 4, I never even felt a need to have that turned on, I was more in favor of the infinite sprint and faster shield regen.

> yes, I agree with the OP.
>
> It damages one of the major pillars Halo. Gun, Grenades, Melees.
>
> So now I have to use a perk to access one of the core functions of the Halo experience?
>
> (and yes I know you spawn with them)

It doesn’t damage the triangle, you can still pick up grenades that are layed around the map. There are 3 main ways to get grenades: Spawning, Map-placed grenades, and dead bodies.) Basically, one way of getting it(Dead bodies) is locked as default unless you choose to use the Armor mod Resupply otherwise.

> First, let me start by saying that this is not a hate thread. I have enjoyed every Halo game that has come out to date. While the majority of people complained about Halo Reach

Are you -Yoinking!- serious? You know that Reach sold over $4.7 million copies right? How do you know that the majority of almost 5 million people complained about it? Considering all the people that play Vanilla Reach, you are obviously making false assumptions.

Before you say anything, I actually have been playing Halo since CE so dont even think for one second that I am a “noob”.

But on topic, I am so glad that Resupply is required to pick up grenades from dead bodies. I hate getting killed just because my opponent(s) can spam the left trigger

> > yes, I agree with the OP.
> >
> > It damages one of the major pillars Halo. Gun, Grenades, Melees.
> >
> > So now I have to use a perk to access one of the core functions of the Halo experience?
> >
> > (and yes I know you spawn with them)
>
> It doesn’t damage the triangle, you can still pick up grenades that are layed around the map. There are 3 main ways to get grenades: Spawning, Map-placed grenades, and dead bodies.) Basically, one way of getting it(Dead bodies) is locked as default unless you choose to use the Armor mod Resupply otherwise.

You can also get a bundle of grenades from a POD. Nothing really indicates that is worthwhile ATM, but its there.

> > yes, I agree with the OP.
> >
> > It damages one of the major pillars Halo. Gun, Grenades, Melees.
> >
> > So now I have to use a perk to access one of the core functions of the Halo experience?
> >
> > (and yes I know you spawn with them)
>
> It doesn’t damage the triangle, you can still pick up grenades that are layed around the map. There are 3 main ways to get grenades: Spawning, Map-placed grenades, and dead bodies.) Basically, one way of getting it(Dead bodies) is locked as default unless you choose to use the Armor mod Resupply otherwise.

I don’t see how it doesn’t. Would you support not being able to pick up additional ammo from your weapon off of dead enemies unless you had a special perk? Or you only had half the melee speed of normal players you had the perk. Sure you can still use all of them but it really messes with the flow of the system.

Resupply only works on Grenades. You will be able to pick up ammo and weapons off dead bodies just fine. But Grenades can only be collected with Resupply now.

Honestly? I like the idea of not dropping grenades on death because Grenade Spam has ALWAYS been a problem Halo suffered from. But the Resupply Tactical Package really seems like the most overpowered one in the bunch. I honestly don’t see Mobility, Shield Recharge, or Firepower making any real difference to gameplay. But Resupply will actually give some players more grenades than others, which feels unfair.