Restore the plasma rifle to it's Former glory

Back in halo 1, the plasma rifle was a powerful gun which had the shield draining power of a plasma pistol, and the brute force of the assault rifle! It was my favorite and ultimate weapon!

now it is nothing but a crappy rip-off of the smg.

Please 343, if the plasma rifle is returning, return it to it’s former glory!

Yeah I agree with this, it was awesome.

that is assuming the plasma riffle is in Halo 4

I find it fine right now. Just need to get used to the pacing to prevent it from overheating.

OH NO! PACING!! That’s not “pro”!!!

Cute, but I personally wouldn’t want it to be powerful again because in H1 the player that was getting shot by it slowed down almost like you were getting stunned and I didn’t fancy that :frowning:

I love the plasma rifle! <3

I don’t think it will be as strong as in CE (well if it’s going to be in Halo 4) because dual wielding is back… that would be hell of a combo.

> Back in halo 1, the plasma rifle was a powerful gun which had the shield draining power of a plasma pistol, and the brute force of the assault rifle! It was my favorite and ultimate weapon!
>
> now it is nothing but a crappy rip-off of the smg.
>
> Please 343, if the plasma rifle is returning, return it to it’s former glory!

Reach’s plasma rifle is more powerful than you could possibly imagine.

> > Back in halo 1, the plasma rifle was a powerful gun which had the shield draining power of a plasma pistol, and the brute force of the assault rifle! It was my favorite and ultimate weapon!
> >
> > now it is nothing but a crappy rip-off of the smg.
> >
> > Please 343, if the plasma rifle is returning, return it to it’s former glory!
>
> Reach’s plasma rifle is more powerful than you could possibly imagine.

lol? the plasma repeater was realy crappy

> > > Back in halo 1, the plasma rifle was a powerful gun which had the shield draining power of a plasma pistol, and the brute force of the assault rifle! It was my favorite and ultimate weapon!
> > >
> > > now it is nothing but a crappy rip-off of the smg.
> > >
> > > Please 343, if the plasma rifle is returning, return it to it’s former glory!
> >
> > Reach’s plasma rifle is more powerful than you could possibly imagine.
>
> lol? the plasma repeater was realy crappy

Annnnnnnd the plasma repeater has what to do with the plasma rifle exactly?

> > > > Back in halo 1, the plasma rifle was a powerful gun which had the shield draining power of a plasma pistol, and the brute force of the assault rifle! It was my favorite and ultimate weapon!
> > > >
> > > > now it is nothing but a crappy rip-off of the smg.
> > > >
> > > > Please 343, if the plasma rifle is returning, return it to it’s former glory!
> > >
> > > Reach’s plasma rifle is more powerful than you could possibly imagine.
> >
> > lol? the plasma repeater was realy crappy
>
> Annnnnnnd the plasma repeater has what to do with the plasma rifle exactly?

See, that’s the problem when people stop exploring the entire game and just focus on one thing and one thing only.

I wish the weapon system would return how it used to be, where weapons had significant uses that would be stronger in some situations over others. Like How the Plasma Pistol used to Pop shields and disable vehicles, but could’nt do a thing otherwise. Or how the Shotgun and Sniper rifle were anti-personel weapons that did well at particular ranges, but outside those ranges become less than useful.

> > > > Back in halo 1, the plasma rifle was a powerful gun which had the shield draining power of a plasma pistol, and the brute force of the assault rifle! It was my favorite and ultimate weapon!
> > > >
> > > > now it is nothing but a crappy rip-off of the smg.
> > > >
> > > > Please 343, if the plasma rifle is returning, return it to it’s former glory!
> > >
> > > Reach’s plasma rifle is more powerful than you could possibly imagine.
> >
> > lol? the plasma repeater was realy crappy
>
> Annnnnnnd the plasma repeater has what to do with the plasma rifle exactly?

the plasma repeater was basically a less powerful version of the halo: CE plasma rifle.

> I wish the weapon system would return how it used to be, where weapons had significant uses that would be stronger in some situations over others. Like How the Plasma Pistol used to Pop shields and disable vehicles, but could’nt do a thing otherwise. Or how the Shotgun and Sniper rifle were anti-personel weapons that did well at particular ranges, but outside those ranges become less than useful.

…I don’t think you’ve used the Plasma Pistol enough if you think that.

I really miss that old girl, the plasma repeater just isn’t the same.

Oh I have met and used it and indeed killed by the weapon. I can’t say the same in Halo 2, but the weapon can now kill enemies with or without a shield. I was saying in past halo games that it did that.

I never really used the Plasma rifle to kill. I used it only as a way to quickly remove shields of my opponent, then switch to a spiker or something.

> Oh I have met and used it and indeed killed by the weapon. I can’t say the same in Halo 2, but the weapon can now kill enemies with or without a shield. I was saying in past halo games that it did that.

Well, in Halo 2 is was mainly used like that due to the imbalance of the games weapons. I can’t remember how it was in Halo 3/ODST, but I have seen impressive videos of PP kills. But when I went back into Halo: CEA I used the PP for the majority of the campaign and discovered how strong it was. Sometimes killing entire Grunt Squads faster then the AR.

You all realize the Plasma Rifle is in Reach and is really awesome, right?

…Right?

If duel wielding returns, I think they should bring back the Plasma Repeater and the Plasma Rifle. The Plasma Repeater would need some modifications but I think it has the potential to be used as a decent single wield weapon while the Plasma Rifle would be dual wieldable.