Response to statements Halo Bulletin 4/18/13

> Looking at the DMR, we currently feel that the kill time should remain unchanged, as the weapon has become a clear favorite amongst the community due to its reliability and consistency.

Out of everything I saw, most of it good, this one statement stood out.

If by “reliability and consistency” you mean “ease of use, and lack of required skill to get a kill” then that is spot on.

Unfortunately, the DMR is not a “favorite” because it is reliable, it is a favorite because it is TOO RELIABLE. Every single person who uses this weapon uses it because it is OVER POWERED compared to all the other precision weapons.

I can understand it “dominating BTIS” because it is designed for long range battle, but it dominates EVERY playlist where it is available.

It is the go-to gun in Halo 4. Fastest kill time, most aim assist, and magnetism make it the easiest weapon to use.

I also noticed how they put “community” and “favorite” in there. Like there is only one community in Halo. There isn’t. There’s a lot of different communities. There’s a community for every piece of armor, every weapon, any play-style, and every vehicle. Not too mention the Elite community who was shut out.

Now, all together, we make up the Halo community. Now saying that a weapon that a lot of people loathe to no end is a “community favorite” is kind of insulting. If they really read the forums, they would know that the majority of the community absolutely hate the DMR in its current state.

Didn’t they say they were going to improve the BR to be able to compete with it? That would balance it out, however the Carbine will still be as useless as ever.

Every precision weapon in this game has the same amount of aim assist, and each of those weapons, Carbine excluded, have the same amount of bullet magnetism. Each weapon is as easy to use as the last. Your bias does not make for a good argument.

> Didn’t they say they were going to improve the BR to be able to compete with it? That would balance it out, however the Carbine will still be as useless as ever.

Well, on the one hand they said it will be 4sk and on the other they are reducing the ROF…so…

In any event, it should make it more than a match for the DMR on 4v4 smaller maps.

There is nothing wrong with its kill time though and that was the point. They want to bring the BR and Carbine closer to that and match the DMR and LR’s RRR.

I agree aim assist and magnetism should be brought down a tad. Across the board though because levels are similar in all the rifles.