Respectfully, we need to submit feedback higher for a real response

I am not saying to harass Phil Spencer. We do need to submit consistent and respectful feedback on the situation until we get a response that is desirable. This game clearly needs more resources and a change of upper/financial management that is hindering development.
There is clearly people such as financial and someone on upper management that is getting in the way and they need to be replaced or put in line by Phil Spencer himself.

It is insane that I even need to make this post :frowning:

12 Likes

I’d love it if game developers/publishers had player representation built in to their structure.

Having someone suitably high up with specific duties with regards to player engagement and ensuring that fans are represented through independent player groups who can represent the player base, who are consulted on the state of the game and get to meet regularly with the developer and publisher hierarchy to ensure that players voices are heard.

4 Likes

I have been playing HALO since I was 5 (now nearly 23). Me and my little brother would play split-screen a lot. What really annoyed me was the delay after delay and how far off real content is. Where is infection, For F Sake?!?!. What happens if people don’t like a new mode and the fun classics aren’t there to fall back on?. People stop playing, that’s what!. I’m not getting any younger. Get some content out while some of us still have our youth and no ankle biters to stop us playing the game. Taking years to get what is considered base content out, isn’t good enough. It’s upper management and corpo financial team at fault

1 Like

Also. A lot of people mostly play Halo. Such as myself. Halo and Elden Ring. 80% or more of the time. So the delay after delay stings even more

1 Like

The delays hurt greatly.

1 Like

I think the game needed a fully staffed group of developers who main focus was to develop and create the core game, social features, and content. These game studios hire mostly outside contractors who are not full time throughout development. It’s sad that 343 are only getting started to create and build content for the game after about a year. I love the gameplay but the lack of content and social features are a huge draw back.

2 Likes

it’s what a community response team is SUPPOSED to do. It’s not a hard concept. And structuring the community, through tools such as forums and social media sites, allows them to meaningfully sort the problems into intelligible data. The fact that you’re talking about going OVER this forum and other forums indicates that you don’t feel as though your responses are being heard- and that means the community team is failing in their job.

2 Likes

Most of the 343 team is filled with people who hate old halo, and Phil don’t give a damn. As long as they see that mtx money rolling in things will stay as they are and no one will listen because their community team is only here to monitor and flag posts. There is no line to the devs unless you’re a high profile streamer, or you spend the 100 some odd million dollars to become a majority Microsoft stock holder and board member. That’s the only way true change may come about

1 Like

These past few years have opened my eyes to a lot of things surrounding the games industry. It’s just not the same as it once was.

Games seem to be launch first, fix later. What ever happened to making quality products? Nowadays, you’d be lucky to stumble upon a feature complete title, much less one of quality.

It’s like development is stuck in slow motion. What will it take to speed things up? Going higher up the chain? It’s so mind-boggling that we’re in the mess to begin with. Maybe we need to go higher at this rate.

But is it possible? Can we get much higher? Is the one piece to this seemingly, unsolvable puzzle real?

2 Likes

At this point I think it might be a lost cause.

Sean W’s videos seems to sum up the situation:

“Don’t expect a response from 343 or Microsoft on Halo Infinite”
www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFWh6pkaswc

“I don’t see how anyone could still have hope for Halo Infinite”
www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjQlyS7Az2Q

P.S. I wouldn’t be surprised if [REDACTED].

1 Like

It’s amazing how a multi-billion-dollar industry seems like such a scam today.

2 Likes

I can’t believe no one caught the “can we get much higher?” reference I was making.

But yeah, this isn’t the AAA experience we deserve.

1 Like

I have done community management within the game industry before and I do agree with most of what you say but I don’t really believe that in the majority of cases such teams really exist with a true player first philosophy, it might just be my personal experience though.

To be clear I’m not blaming people in those roles for that though I’m sure they do the job they are paid to do but I don’t feel they have the remit or the ability to hold others to account that they should do to ensure they can truly represent players to the decision makers.

1 Like

For the first time ever I cancelled my Xbox Live subscription, I have been a member since the start.
For me its game over Microsoft and 343.
I really regret not buying a PS5, at least then I would have some good new games to play.
Starfield I will play on PC whenever that comes out.
So long Xbox.
It was a great time but now its game over.

2 Likes

I paid for three years of Game Pass Ultimate and stayed up all night to get my Xbox Series X the day it was released specifically to play Halo Infinite. To say I’m having second thoughts would be an understatement.

1 Like

Technically it doesn’t have to be respectful. Effective protest needs to be disruptive, otherwise it’s ignorable.

If we can demonstrate that things are going poorly, unavoidably poorly, that’d serve our cause better.

4 Likes

Yeah if people would stop buying stuff from the store that might help. Especially stuff that doesn’t fit Halo’s tone and style. It just encourages more bad design.

The best way to get companies to listen is with your wallet.

i bought my xbox one for halo 5. played it, beat the campaign and was so underwhelmed by the rest of it i sold it barely a month later so i know the feeling.

1 Like

That’s why I said consistently. Continue until it cannot be ignored

1 Like

Can you provide a source for this?

1 Like