"respect the lore,willing to change it on a whim"

There is ABSOLUTELY ZERO REASON to force diversity in Halo. There are plenty of already established characters of many ethnicities and nationalities.I love 343, but it’s sort of disingenuous of them to say they “respect the lore, but are willing to change it on a whim”. Especially to add more diversity in an already super diverse universe.This is a way to kill of the show straight away for anyone that has respect for the story we all know and love. Just knew with all the recent good things with halos return and up coming releases at least one potential thing has to be bad. It’s another money grab and joining on this political correctness bandwagon.Don’t change anything about what we know and love. see new characters and places and story, never mind that the Human-Covenant war is still incredibly unexplored for example some outer colonies.Halo is a STORY driven game. Stories reply on coherent narrative and consistent story telling. Some of 343’s weakest decisions thus far have been changing canonical elements to the dis satisfaction of fans. Either tell the story within it’s confines or not at all you would think after halo 4 and definitely halo 5s campaign they would know this by now.If changing cannon to make something work then it just simply shouldn’t happen at all. its basically going to be what Disney done to star wars.If they want diversity just write original characters and interesting plot. do NOT change or alter.The Halo games never let us see Master Chief’s face, adding to the character’s mystique and thats what made it so good and many people wondering who he was and what he looked like. Many wanted to see him but were never shown. Its best to keep it this way as it fits perfectly and keeps everyone happy. I dont dislike the producers of the the show but clearly they thought they could get away with this money grab attempt.They thought it would go unseen due to the annoucement of reach and MCC with all the positivity surrounding it. You have one chance for a good show which many have wanted. Don’t mess it up.

Stop the money grabbing scheme.If you are making an in-canon story, you should stick to what has been established already.

> 2535411505666160;1:
> Stop the money grabbing scheme.If you are making an in-canon story, you should stick to what has been established already.

If I might recall, a certain Bungie Studios broke canon a bit with the 2010 release of Halo: Reach. While some were up in arms, a revised version of the novel The Fall of Reach released to sort of remedy that situation. I don’t know that I could throw 343i too much flak for changing a few things set in game if Halo’s original developers were willing to do so, granted it be more minor changes.

Why they wanna change the lore? This will confuse a lot of players that like to know about the lore. The lore is very important to the story, 343i has built a lot of good stuff for the Lore to change now in a serie. Like, do comics and books no longer matter? (just my opinion)

Yeah. This worries me also. I have NO PROBLEM with making new characters in the universe as diverse as they want. And I have no problem with them tinkering with secondary or tertiary characters.

But if they start making major changes to primary characters just for the sheer sake of change, it shows they have not learned nearly as much from fan feedback in the past couple of years as they claim to have learned, and I will be an unhappy camper.

> 2535411505666160;1:
> There is ABSOLUTELY ZERO REASON to force diversity in Halo. There are plenty of already established characters of many ethnicities and nationalities.I love 343, but it’s sort of disingenuous of them to say they “respect the lore, but are willing to change it on a whim”. Especially to add more diversity in an already super diverse universe.This is a way to kill of the show straight away for anyone that has respect for the story we all know and love. Just knew with all the recent good things with halos return and up coming releases at least one potential thing has to be bad. It’s another money grab and joining on this political correctness bandwagon.Don’t change anything about what we know and love. see new characters and places and story, never mind that the Human-Covenant war is still incredibly unexplored for example some outer colonies.Halo is a STORY driven game. Stories reply on coherent narrative and consistent story telling. Some of 343’s weakest decisions thus far have been changing canonical elements to the dis satisfaction of fans. Either tell the story within it’s confines or not at all you would think after halo 4 and definitely halo 5s campaign they would know this by now.If changing cannon to make something work then it just simply shouldn’t happen at all. its basically going to be what Disney done to star wars.If they want diversity just write original characters and interesting plot. do NOT change or alter.The Halo games never let us see Master Chief’s face, adding to the character’s mystique and thats what made it so good and many people wondering who he was and what he looked like. Many wanted to see him but were never shown. Its best to keep it this way as it fits perfectly and keeps everyone happy. I dont dislike the producers of the the show but clearly they thought they could get away with this money grab attempt.They thought it would go unseen due to the annoucement of reach and MCC with all the positivity surrounding it. You have one chance for a good show which many have wanted. Don’t mess it up.
>
> Stop the money grabbing scheme.If you are making an in-canon story, you should stick to what has been established already.

The show hasn’t even started filming yet from what I know. There’s really no reason to get upset over this. Until we either see an on-set photo or trailer of some kind, we can’t know FOR SURE what the show is going to be like. And Kiki Wolfkill has said that they are looking for actors that are best suited to the role. Don’t believe me? https://twitter.com/k_wolfkill/status/1116461145404116993

And to be honest, if they were going to cast someone other than a white guy to play as the Master Chief, it doesn’t matter. Unless the show is set in the early years of the Human-Covenant war we are most likely NOT going to see Chief’s face. Steve Downes can voice Chief while some tall guy plays him physically.

This is nothing like Star Wars. 343 is not going to kill off the Chief or pre-established characters just to subvert our expectations. I also doubt that 343 is going to make the Halo EU non-canon. I think you are blowing this way out of proportion. Just because someone says something during the planning stages of a project doesn’t mean for sure it is going to happen. That’s why it’s called the planning stage.

Closing this off as you’ve already replied to the existing thread, but I’ll repeat my comments from there for posterity

I don’t see anything inherently wrong with what Kiki said. Also it’s likely a very small slice of her presentation and it’s been taken out of full context.Frank made some comments on Resetera that are worth reading https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-halo-tv-series-%E2%80%9Cmay-shift-dates-locations-or-ethnicity-of-characters%E2%80%9D.110949/#post-19746083

Spoiler content of that post for anyone that missed it:

> I won’t be commenting on any of this for a while - but we’re not going to do stunt casting or shifting ethnicity of characters just for lulz or clicks or controversy. Kiki is right on the money in that we’ll be casting based on who works best for the role, period. We will also be casting people who look and sound a lot like their existing characters are described or shown.

There’s not forcing diversity by any means. They’re looking to cast the best possible people to fit the roles they have. Sometimes things can get in the way of that - scheduling, salary, role gets refused by the actor and things need to change, but they are absolutely not doing this stuff on a whim.