Respect my assassination!

When your teammate is assassinating somebody else, LET THEM BE!

Assassinations are not an opportunity to get a free kill. They show that somebody used skill or stealth to get the jump on an enemy. They are not holding them steady for you to kill them.

Let’s have a story:

I was playing Breakout. I got up behind the flag carrier and started my assassination (a good ribbing). I got the first of the two stabs in and as I was preparing for the second one, my (idiot) teammate comes in with a Hydra and shoots the guy twice, killing him AS WELL AS ME in the process. We ended up losing the round in a 1v1 scenario. We went on to lose the game. Smooth moves.

It’s time to stop.

Do not steal people’s kills. You gain nothing from it.

There is also a weird bug where the assassination doesn’t count if the enemy leaves the game partway through the animation. This is incredibly stupid and robbed me of a hard earned kill. If somebody leaves, the last enemy who damaged them should be credited with a kill.

I know the pain. I hate it so much. I get it if someone was fighting someone and didn’t notice you but when they do for a free kill it just makes me angry.

It makes me incredibly angry and, unfortunately, that exact situation has happened to me.
This has been hashed and rehashed on the forums, but not every Halo player is on them and not all of them are respectful.

Actually they do gain something from it. An actual kill, while you just get an assist or nothing.
Kill stealing sucks, but you won’t convince people who do it to stop. Ever. There are people who purposefully steal assassinations because they don’t consider assassinating “pro” and talk about how it wastes precious seconds to assassinate. Ludicrous.

My new favorite assassination is Inevitability, the throat stab is quick and I love the way that your opponent falls to the ground. The only problem is, the falling animation takes a while for the assassination to end. Between Thursday and Now, I’ve been yoinked because of this and it gets me pissed. Yesterday, I preformed it on someone inside my base and when they were falling, my teammate spawns and instantly meeles my victim, stealing my kill. Teammates really shouldn’t be able to yoink assassinations after the opponent is dead.

I think that 343 should make it to where you can’t steal kills. I have done the exact same thing many a times and a stupid teammate comes in and takes the kill. I was playing infection the other day and I was starting the assassination of the last spartan standing and SOMEONE just had to run up and steal my kill.

they should make it to where the person that is being assassinated can’t be killed by anyone.

sometimes it’s hard to tell whose assassinating who.

> 2535443674201980;8:
> sometimes it’s hard to tell whose assassinating who.

So true. I turned off my assassinations since it took so long and kill stealing.

> 2535443674201980;8:

No its really not.

it happens all the time, 90% those kids want the kill. :frowning:

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.</mark>

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

If you are dumb enough to have assassinations turned on then I am taking it, it is your own fault.

If you gain nothing by stealing an assassination, then you lose nothing by stealing it. If you think the assassination itself is demeaning and humiliating and a show of talent or prowess, then you’ve done it simply by engaging in the action itself. Who cares who got the kill?

> 2535459497760461;12:
> If you are dumb enough to have assassinations turned on then I am taking it, it is your own fault.

Did you read what OP said? Assassinations are a way to revel in your stealth prowess. You expect a reward for hard work. How about you empty a rocket clip into the Warden with your hard earned REQs. While you’re reloading, you get shot. I come in and finish him off with an SMG, I get credit, you get nothing. Sorry, your fault for reloading. Should’ve just switched weapons instead of trying to finish him off.

Also on the flip side: don’t be an idiot and go for a ridiculous assassination. You are bound to get burned. I was one of 2 players left in a game of breakout and I saw the flag carrier coming and I dropped in behind them for the kill. I just missed. I then followed them all the way to the flag delivery spot trying to get the kill WHILE I HAD A SHOTGUN LEVELLED AT HIM THE WHOLE TIME! I was then ambushed from behind and I was killed. The enemy made it to the flag stand and capped the flag, winning the round. Don’t be like me. Use your weapons.

> 2535443674201980;8:

If that’s the case, send a message and apologize to anyone you Yoink!

Showstopping will make your teammate love you, but Yoink’s work the opposite.

If you don’t get the showstopper, you ruined their moment.

So just send them an invite and apologize that you didn’t mean to steal their kill. People are going to be less mad.
From my perspective, if you’re not going to apologize you intended it. And as Buck would say, you’re a Delta Bravo.

I don’t you about the rest of you, but when you walk in on an assassination happening mid animation, Its hard to tell who is assassinating who (for me).

It’s better for the team overall if I save a teammate (-1 death for us) vs “steal” a kill from a teammate (-0 kills for us).

Ill try to respect your kill (just walk by). But in the heat of the moment, If i cant tell, there will be no guilt on my side for “stealing” a kill and continuing on.

> 2533274830513360;10:
> > 2535443674201980;8:
> > sometimes it’s hard to tell whose assassinating who.
>
> No its really not.

Subjective opinions are subjective.

If I’m shooting an enemy, and my teammate starts to assassinate him, I run over, jump on top of them and start t-bagging. Just to add some salt to the wounds…

> 2533274817408735;4:
> Actually they do gain something from it. An actual kill, while you just get an assist or nothing.
> Kill stealing sucks, but you won’t convince people who do it to stop. Ever. There are people who purposefully steal assassinations because they don’t consider assassinating “pro” and talk about how it wastes precious seconds to assassinate. Ludicrous.

That pro mindset is why I typically just stand in place doing nothing for 2-3 seconds after my kill is stolen, usually just giving them the stare of death. That way they get to know that those seconds will be “wasted” regardless, so they might as well do something else to contribute than steal the kill. But most just want the yoink.

> 2533274891841289;19:
> > 2533274817408735;4:
> > Actually they do gain something from it. An actual kill, while you just get an assist or nothing.
> > Kill stealing sucks, but you won’t convince people who do it to stop. Ever. There are people who purposefully steal assassinations because they don’t consider assassinating “pro” and talk about how it wastes precious seconds to assassinate. Ludicrous.
>
> That pro mindset is why I typically just stand in place doing nothing for 2-3 seconds after my kill is stolen, usually just giving them the stare of death. That way they get to know that those seconds will be “wasted” regardless, so they might as well do something else to contribute than steal the kill. But most just want the yoink.

I am glad 343i did away with the Yoink medal in Halo 4 and onward. Showstopper is an awesome, but the Yoink medal, rewarding selfishness, I never liked it.