"Respawn Time Growth" For Objective Gametypes

I have a new idea to make Halo objective gametypes more competitive: Respawn time growth.

I will be using CTF as the example, but this would work well with KoTH, Oddball, and other objective gametypes.

So here’s how it works.

>Respawn timer is set at 10 secs.
>Everytime you die it adds 2 secs to your spawn time.

>So if you die 5 times, your respawn time will be 20 secs.

This gives a “We are running low on reinforcements” effect. In the beginning of the game everyone will respawn faster, as the game moves on, the game will get slower and more competitive. Everytime you die, you get 2+ seconds on your timer, giving the enemy more time to get your flag.

Here are the effects this has on a CTF game:

>It’s actually smarter to kill the enemies first, rather then rush in quickly to grab the flag.

>Players have a good reason NOT to die, because there is a permanent punishment for dying (2+ seconds everytime).This makes the game more intense.

>Players will be rewarded for killing enemies. (Making them spawn less often)

>This gives the game Counter-Strike like gameplay.

As the game moves on, it becomes more and more important to NOT die. This encourages teamwork and cautious gameplay.

What do you think?

> I have a new idea to make Halo objective gametypes more competitive: Respawn time growth.
>
> I will be using CTF as the example, but this would work well with KoTH, Oddball, and other objective gametypes.
>
> So here’s how it works.
>
> >Respawn timer is set at 10 secs.
> >Everytime you die it adds 2 secs to your spawn time.
>
> >So if you die 5 times, your respawn time will be 20 secs.
>
> This gives a “We are running low on reinforcements” effect. In the beginning of the game everyone will respawn faster, as the game moves on, the game will get slower and more competitive. Everytime you die, you get 2+ seconds on your timer, giving the enemy more time to get your flag.
>
> Here are the effects this has on a CTF game:
>
> >It’s actually smarter to kill the enemies first, rather then rush in quickly to grab the flag.
>
> >Players have a good reason NOT to die, because there is a permanent punishment for dying (2+ seconds everytime).This makes the game more intense.
>
> >Players will be rewarded for killing enemies. (Making them spawn less often)
>
> >This gives the game Counter-Strike like gameplay.
>
> As the game moves on, it becomes more and more important to NOT die. This encourages teamwork and cautious gameplay.
>
> What do you think?

I think having a permanent punisment for dying is a good idea but starting at a 10 second respawn time and increasing it with 2 seconds every death is too much.

In CTF you should start at a 4 second respawn time and increase it with 1 second every time you die.

> I think having a permanent punisment for dying is a good idea but starting at a 10 second respawn time and increasing it with 2 seconds every death is too much.
>
> In CTF you should start at a 4 second respawn time and increase it with 1 second every time you die.

Maybe so. It will have to be tested depending on how slow/fast you want it.

I always do this when i play custom games objectives because my friends and I are normally around the same skill level so it has to be done in order for someone to win.

> I always do this when i play custom games objectives because my friends and I are normally around the same skill level so it has to be done in order for someone to win.

Is it an option in Halo 3/4? I know it’s an option for Halo CE. I probably should have checked before I made this thread.