Resolute - A Halo 4 Forge Map

Resolute

The SPARTAN’s stationed on the Infinity routinely use this simulation in their training exercises.
2-8 players.

An Overview
Red Base
Blue Base
Central Structure
Yellow Base Top
Yellow Base Bottom
Green Base Top
Green Base Bottom

Resolute is my first Halo 4 map, a remake of one of my old Halo Reach maps, Sanctum. The inspiration for Sanctum, and therefore Resolute, was from multiple competitive maps in the Halo series such as Midship, Sanctuary and Zealot. Whilst a small map, it can comfortably play up to 4v4, with plenty of fun available.

Resolute is a symetrical map, designed from the ground up for competitive play. From spawn, each team has access to two Battle Rifles in their base on the top floor, with a DMR on the level below. Immediately to the right, in the corner, there is a Sticky Detonator, and on the left there is either Plasma Grenades or Frag Grenades, depending on which team you are.

Move up to the side bases and each base boasts two Battle Rifles, a Plasma Pistol and a Light Rifle each, with the Light Rifle on the bottom floor and the Battle Rifles and the Plasma Pistol on the top floor. From here players can move up into the top level of the central structure and claim an Overshield or drop down onto the bottom level and claim the single Energy Sword. Control of the Sword and the Overshield is critical to the success of the playing teams.

Weapons on Map:

Ordinance:
Overshield x1 - 180s
Energy Sword x1 - 150s
Sticky Detonator x2 - 150s
Plasma Grenades x2 - 15s
Frag Grenades x2 - 15s

Map Pickups:
DMR x2 - 90
Light Rifle x2 - 75
Battle Rifle x8 - 30
Plasma Pistol x2 - 30

Please offer any feedback in text as well, to both keep this thread alive and to help me better understand your feedback, plus you could always deliver some praise. That won’t be forgotten or ignored.

My Fileshare

Does nobody have any opinions on my map? I hate to bump this thread, but I don’t want to just let this thread die without any comments.

> Does nobody have any opinions on my map? I hate to bump this thread, but I don’t want to just let this thread die without any comments.

lately, no one is giving any opinions on any map, not sure why, but I’ve been looking at every map post with no posts, and it only seems if it has a youtube video it will be liked or not. Seriously, its starting to get ridiculous. Where all the people go? Seriously, I posted maps before and got nothing either, look at all 10 new map postings and now says a thing anymore. ;(

This map needs some work but overall, it’s pretty good. It needs a few more weapons, don’t forget to strategically place the ordinance points, the respawn points set on team-spawn, and etc. This map I’d actually like to see, its fresh, its different, and it’s well constructed.

Cheers, I’ve noticed it as well before posting this thread, I was tempted to post this in the Halo 4 forum despite it being the wrong forum just to get more people to see it.

Anyways, cheers for the feedback, I considered more weapons but I felt if I added more the map would feel over crowded with weaponry. As for the ordinance drops, I’ve got six, I felt anymore would, again, overcrowd the map. As for the spawning, I’ll take a look, I loathe setting spawn points to a set team colour, I prefer to use respawn zones to control where players spawn but I’ll see if I can find some sort of compromise.

Again thanks for the feedback, I don’t usually hear much from people when it comes to my maps, it’s nice to hear that at least someone likes it. =)

> Cheers, I’ve noticed it as well before posting this thread, I was tempted to post this in the Halo 4 forum despite it being the wrong forum just to get more people to see it.
>
> Anyways, cheers for the feedback, I considered more weapons but I felt if I added more the map would feel over crowded with weaponry. As for the ordinance drops, I’ve got six, I felt anymore would, again, overcrowd the map. As for the spawning, I’ll take a look, I loathe setting spawn points to a set team colour, I prefer to use respawn zones to control where players spawn but I’ll see if I can find some sort of compromise.
>
> Again thanks for the feedback, I don’t usually hear much from people when it comes to my maps, it’s nice to hear that at least someone likes it. =)

if you want, I could set it up for you, problem with respawn zones for me is that if you don’t have the team spawns there, nothing will spawn, but this a pretty awesome map nonetheless, and glad you appreciate my comments. I think if your looking for real-time help, I’d go to forgehub or some map building forum that helps people with their maps.

I know how the spawn system works in Reach, I’m assuming its the same in Halo 4 right? If you want to take a look and fix it up if it needs it though feel free though I’m more than happy for you to do so. I’m considering going across to Forgehub as well, see if I can get any tips from there as well.

Looks pretty solid but some of the aesthetics seem a little off, like those glass silos (I assume that’s what they are) in the green and yellow bases.

Thanks for the response!

The original idea behind the glass pieces in green and yellow bases were to be line of sight blockers to prevent people cross mapping down the map whilst also offering players a way to see all the way down to tell if players are coming towards them. However I couldn’t make them look right at all, the current look is the best I could do that looked ok. I’m considering changing it to something opaque so players can’t see all the way though. If you have any ideas I’m all ears.

I don’t normally post here but this is the exact kind of map I was looking for!! Neat!!

Sweet, happy to provide what you were looking for! Let me know how it plays for you.