Requiem's distance from Earth?

These are images of computer screens onboard the Infinity. If you look at the middle screen in the middle row of images then you’ll see it say Distance Traveled: 7230 light years. I’m guessing that’s how far Requiem is from Earth seeing as that’s the planet of focus in Halo 4 and that’s where Infinity goes in Halo 4 and Spartan Ops. Of course it’s unknown whether that’s the distance from Earth to Requiem or if that’s the distance from Installation 03 to Requiem.

Quite interesting either way.

Now this is the stuff that we should be looking for and talking about, very good find. as you said this could be the distance from installation 03 to requiem or an overall history with the distances travel added up. I would like to believe that it is from 03 to requiem in which we can get a true measurement. Can we get a higher resolution of the image to see the travel history?

Nice to know that even without the Didact’s slipspace engines that the Covenant could travel from Instillation 03 to Reqieum in a day.

> Nice to know that even without the Didact’s slipspace engines that the Covenant could travel from Instillation 03 to Reqieum in a day.

huh?

It’s probably the distance from Installation 03, as that’s where they go Requiem’s coordinates. Maybe there’s a distance from Earth on one of the panels in Ivanoff Station.

> Nice to know that even without the Didact’s slipspace engines that the Covenant could travel from Instillation 03 to Reqieum in a day.

How in the world do you come to the conclusion that it only took a day for the Covenant to get to Requiem? We don’t know how long it took them to get there. What we do know is that the Didact made the jump from Requiem to Installation 03 almost instantly and that the Covenant remnant used the Didact’s slipspace to hitch a ride.

> Now this is the stuff that we should be looking for and talking about, very good find. as you said this could be the distance from installation 03 to requiem or an overall history with the distances travel added up. I would like to believe that it is from 03 to requiem in which we can get a true measurement. Can we get a higher resolution of the image to see the travel history?

That’s the highest resolution I could find of the image.

I’m more interested in the medical stuff right above the distance. The DNA analysis is for Subject 0117 and shows the DNA in a weird state.

> I’m more interested in the medical stuff right above the distance. The DNA analysis is for Subject 0117 and shows the DNA in a weird state.

That’s Grunt DNA.

> > I’m more interested in the medical stuff right above the distance. The DNA analysis is for Subject 0117 and shows the DNA in a weird state.
>
> That’s Grunt DNA.

Makes sense now that I take another look at it. Thanks.

Grunts DNA is seperate from John’s, is it not John’s DNA listed on the far right next to the Grunt’s? One says Grunt Sample, the other says Subject 0117 O.o…

> Grunts DNA is seperate from John’s, is it not John’s DNA listed on the far right next to the Grunt’s? One says Grunt Sample, the other says Subject 0117 O.o…

That Grunt probably happened to be their 117th subject. Just a small Easter Egg.

It’s more likely the distance from Installation 03 to Requiem and even then is that distance traveled in normal space or slipspace?

> > Nice to know that even without the Didact’s slipspace engines that the Covenant could travel from Instillation 03 to Reqieum in a day.
>
> How in the world do you come to the conclusion that it only took a day for the Covenant to get to Requiem? We don’t know how long it took them to get there. What we do know is that the Didact made the jump from Requiem to Installation 03 almost instantly and that the Covenant remnant used the Didact’s slipspace to hitch a ride.
>
>
>
> > Now this is the stuff that we should be looking for and talking about, very good find. as you said this could be the distance from installation 03 to requiem or an overall history with the distances travel added up. I would like to believe that it is from 03 to requiem in which we can get a true measurement. Can we get a higher resolution of the image to see the travel history?
>
> That’s the highest resolution I could find of the image.

Excuse me for being unclear in the image a clip of the Instillation 03 asteroid is seen and it is stated that they are at the arrival point. And the fact that requiem sure as hell isn’t only 7000 light years from earth. The bit I said about the Covenant being able to reach requiem in a day from what ever starting location the infinity chose (which I am banking on I03) is reasoned from the book GoO and the calculations made with the hijacked Covenant destroyer in the days that bungie.net were the official halo forums. In short the calculations showed the destroyer to be going at just over 9000 lightyears a day with no human modification while it was travelling from earth to Onyx.

Wait what?

Installation 03 hadn’t been mentioned in ghosts of onyx…

> Wait what?
>
> Installation 03 hadn’t been mentioned in ghosts of onyx…

Where did I say that it had? Probably me being unclear again I’ll edit the post to mention onyx as the destination of the destroyer.

> > > Nice to know that even without the Didact’s slipspace engines that the Covenant could travel from Instillation 03 to Reqieum in a day.
> >
> > How in the world do you come to the conclusion that it only took a day for the Covenant to get to Requiem? We don’t know how long it took them to get there. What we do know is that the Didact made the jump from Requiem to Installation 03 almost instantly and that the Covenant remnant used the Didact’s slipspace to hitch a ride.
> >
> >
> >
> > > Now this is the stuff that we should be looking for and talking about, very good find. as you said this could be the distance from installation 03 to requiem or an overall history with the distances travel added up. I would like to believe that it is from 03 to requiem in which we can get a true measurement. Can we get a higher resolution of the image to see the travel history?
> >
> > That’s the highest resolution I could find of the image.
>
> Excuse me for being unclear in the image a clip of the Instillation 03 asteroid is seen and it is stated that they are at the arrival point. And the fact that requiem sure as hell isn’t only 7000 light years from earth. The bit I said about the Covenant being able to reach requiem in a day from what ever starting location the infinity chose (which I am banking on I03) is reasoned from the book GoO and the calculations made with the hijacked Covenant destroyer in the days that bungie.net were the official halo forums. In short the calculations showed the destroyer to be going at just over 9000 lightyears a day with no human modification while it was travelling from earth to Onyx.

That’s a pretty bad calc then because NO covenant ship goes 9,000 light years a day. The fastest they go is somewhere around 912 lightyears a day.

> > > Nice to know that even without the Didact’s slipspace engines that the Covenant could travel from Instillation 03 to Reqieum in a day.
> >
> > How in the world do you come to the conclusion that it only took a day for the Covenant to get to Requiem? We don’t know how long it took them to get there. What we do know is that the Didact made the jump from Requiem to Installation 03 almost instantly and that the Covenant remnant used the Didact’s slipspace to hitch a ride.
> >
> >
> >
> > > Now this is the stuff that we should be looking for and talking about, very good find. as you said this could be the distance from installation 03 to requiem or an overall history with the distances travel added up. I would like to believe that it is from 03 to requiem in which we can get a true measurement. Can we get a higher resolution of the image to see the travel history?
> >
> > That’s the highest resolution I could find of the image.
>
> Excuse me for being unclear in the image a clip of the Instillation 03 asteroid is seen and it is stated that they are at the arrival point. And the fact that requiem sure as hell isn’t only 7000 light years from earth. The bit I said about the Covenant being able to reach requiem in a day from what ever starting location the infinity chose (which I am banking on I03) is reasoned from the book GoO and the calculations made with the hijacked Covenant destroyer in the days that bungie.net were the official halo forums. In short the calculations showed the destroyer to be going at just over 9000 lightyears a day with no human modification while it was travelling from earth to Onyx.

Say what? Only 7000 light-years away? A Covenant ship travel 9000 light-years a day to reach Onyx? I think you’re greatly exaggerating the size of the Halo Universe. Halo is not like Star Wars where traveling between systems usually means traveling from one end of the Galaxy to the other. Halo is more like the Star Trek Universe where they have only traveled a very tiny fraction of the Galaxy.

We know the planet Harvest is the furthest Colony in the UNSC. Its exact distance has never been given, however we do know that it is 2 months away from Reach and 6 weeks away from Madrigal, which is the closest colony to it. Madrigal itself is located in the 23 Librae system which is around 83.7 light-years away from Sol. This means Harvest, the furthest Human Colony world, is theoretically somewhere around 100 or so light-years away. UNSC Space is not that big.

It’s difficult to determine how big the UNSC actually is because they often make references to real world star systems but not the real world distances to those systems. Harvest for example is said to reside in the Epsilon Indi system which is 11 light-years away from Earth yet Harvest is 2 months away from Reach. This is kind of impossible since Reach itself is 10 light-years from Earth. Does it honestly take more than a month to go 1 light-year? No, it’s just a mistake. Epsilon Indi in Halo is most likely not the same Epsilon Indi which actually exists. This also means 23 Librae might not be the same 23 Librae which is 83.7 light-years away but I used it as an example anyways because it’s all we have to really go on.

If Requiem is around 7000 light-years away, then that is a considerable distance away from the UNSC. Even the Orion Complex, which housed the heart of the Forerunner Ecumene is 1600 light-years away.

i will vouch for scotty with the 9,000 light years because i was around for that. I don’t think it was that amount exactly but i know it was incredibly high.

> i will vouch for scotty with the 9,000 light years because i was around for that. I don’t think it was that amount exactly but i know it was incredibly high.

Same here, I remember that also.

I remember too. It’s not 9,000, but 952 LY/D