Requiem Questions

My friend and I were have a discussion about weather or not Halo 4’s Requiem is a Dyson Sphere or a Dyson Shell

Dyson Sphere - Dyson Sphere Picture

Dyson Shell - Dyson Shell Picture

Dyson Sphere: An Inside out planet with an Artificial Sun in the center.

Dyson Shell: A Shell built around a planet of Choice.

Reply Now!!

Well, by the definition of Dyson Shell… Requiem fits perfectly into it. A planet encased by a metal shell.

I’ve only ever seen it called a dyson sphere, but the dyson shell definition seems to fit perfesctly

(excuse any spelling mistakes. My hands are frezking)

That Halo 4 concept art is so -Yoink!-.
I just can’t wait to see those pillars in-game (yeah, we kind of saw them in the Spartan ops video).

Halo 4 related media is pretty clear that that Requiem is Dyson Sphere.

> Halo 4 related media is pretty clear that that Requiem is Dyson Sphere.

I was listening to a podcast that BS Angel had posted on the Halo Bulletin ALONG time ago, they said that 343 Confirmed Dyson Shell, and look at the Halo 4 Official Concept Art, the planet on the the Ground clearly rounds.

Requiem is a Forerunner Shield World.
Forerunner Shield Worlds would be defined correctly as a Dyson Sphere.
Requiem is unique among Shield Worlds, however, in that instead of encasing a sun, it encases a planet. Which fits the description of a Dyson Shell.

While the lack of a sun makes me wonder where all the light is coming from (since it would have to be a pretty powerful source of light to be seen across most of Requiem), Requiem would appear to be some combination of the two; an inside out planet also encasing a planet.

a dyson sphere is a mega structure that completely covers a star, requiem appears to be just a planet with a structure covering it and its said that its a micro dyson sphere, so i dont think requiem is a dyson sphere but is a micro dyson sphere.

> Requiem is a Forerunner Shield World.
> Forerunner Shield Worlds would be defined correctly as a Dyson Sphere.
> Requiem is unique among Shield Worlds, however, in that instead of encasing a sun, it encases a planet. Which fits the description of a Dyson Shell.
>
> <mark>While the lack of a sun makes me wonder where all the light is coming from</mark> (since it would have to be a pretty powerful source of light to be seen across most of Requiem), Requiem would appear to be some combination of the two; an inside out planet also encasing a planet.

frank o’connor or josh holmes i forget who it was said that there is an artificial sun in the centre of the planet.

ok look i know lots about halo 4 ok now Dyson shell or shell world. in some cases is a massive hollow sphere that contain a sun at its core with a planet orbiting it. shield world like the one in halo wars is the one in halo 4 because as frank o Conner stated that requiem is a massive forerunner shield world with an artificially made star at its center. now concept arts are old arts done to make a ruff draft of the game but things change so your wrong on that part. 1: a Dyson shell or 2:a Dyson sphere