Request: I search a translator for my fan-writings. (French -> English)

Heyoo the Halo’s Fans ! :smiley: (Sorry if I post my topic in the wrong forum…)

So ! I created a Fan-fiction in two Tomes. It’s a long story so… it’s maybe two novels ! But I’m Swiss so… my stories are in French ! I’m not enough good in english for translate my writings myself.
-I have some success in the French forums but I would like to show my writings to the english community of Halo ! I love to create for Halo, and give some pleasure for the Halo’s Fans ! I’m a huge fan of Halo Universe ! -I already start a commission with an english artist who draws my characters. Bless her ! With the commission, I’ll post on Deviantart.com the draws with a resume of the Tome I and some biographies of my two first character.
-(The Tome I is a good other look to the Halo Universe. You’re following the story of a Sangheili. Love, moods… a big scenario around Halo CE, Halo 2, Halo 3 and the Halo Books. And fights of course. My first character is not a Sangheili who have a blind belief for the Covenant. But he needs to live in the Covenant and he tries to escape himself and his brother to the madness Covenant. He will meet a female who’ll change his life and his intentions. And there are a lot of news things will come.) Anyway, if you have more questions, just ask me for the story. With the commission, I’ll post on Deviantart.com the draws with a resume of the Tome I and some biographies of my two first character. I just want to show my stories to many people as possible. And after, I’ll write news stories around Halo.-

Quick informations: The first Tome of my fan-fiction is done. Around 61’000 words. And the Tome II isn’t finish. It has the same longer of the Tome I for the moment, maybe more, but I am on the middle only of my writings ! Maybe twice as long or more ! (~120’000 words or less/more. I don’t know)

Don’t hesitate to ask me some question, and I’ll be really happy if somebody can help me ! I’ll see later how the translating will do. I’ll need some information too.
Have an excellent time !
For contact me: -Here. -Ask my mail with private message.
-Ask my Gamertag with private message.

Up !

2up.

Is it wrong that I find it funny that you are better at spelling and grammar than some native-born americans?

I don’t know what’s going in the english language, I just learn it myself. So I take this sentence like a compliment !

But it’s gonna to be very long… Again nobody can help me. I need to search more far.

up…

Search Google.com

I’m not sure if you have it or call it something else in Switzerland.

> Search Google.com
>
> I’m not sure if you have it or call it something else in Switzerland.

I’ve already search a little in Google. But thank you by the way.

PS: Of course we call Google “Google”. Don’t be extremist.

^^^Lol have you found anyone yet? I can do spanish but, not french to english if you give me some of the stuff i can try something and have some of my friends try and translate it for ya.

I probably could… but I really don’t have the time sorry.

> I probably could… but I really don’t have the time sorry.

No problem, Thank you still :slight_smile:

> ^^^Lol have you found anyone yet? I can do spanish but, not french to english if you give me some of the stuff i can try something and have some of my friends try and translate it for ya.

No I haven’t find somebody.
Really ? You and your friends will do this for me ?
Of course I want !
But you know I’m suspicious because we’re on the web and I don’t want to be steal. (Don’t think I accuse you already ^^)

Alright ! So… I’ll give a chapter for assess your translation. Where is your way ? Mail ? M.P. ? …

Of course, if you’ll have some difficulties for the translating of a chapter and you’ll say: “I’m sorry, we can do more”, if I’m satisfied I’ll say “Thank you :)” And I’ll maybe try to improve the chapter you’ll translate.

In waiting of your response… You’ll continue our discussion in M.P. ?

Thank you BTW :slight_smile:

send me a pm and no i wont steal your story haha i have better things to do. Im not sure I could ask my friends on Monday when i see them

Here we go !

google translator

> google translator

Unfortunately Google Translation is one the worst software of traduction in the web.

I do an up because my translator doesn’t answer during one week. So of course, I hope to find one more, because I’m not going to wait the previous one during one year.

Doum di doum dadidadou…

Yes it’s an up.

Up…

Well if someone, used say google translator, and translated it to English, it would then be easier for them to take it and rewrite it. Simply put, because the way things are worded in English, it makes direct translations impossible.

Prime example any Anime that is a direct translation, more often than not, its a horrid mess. So you would need to find someone willing to not only do this, but than rewrite it as well. Also you might lose some creative freedom simply because, again they may need to take something and write it from scratch, simply to make it make since in the confines of the story.

> Well if someone, used say google translator, and translated it to English, it would then be easier for them to take it and rewrite it. Simply put, because the way things are worded in English, it makes direct translations impossible.
>
> Prime example any Anime that is a direct translation, more often than not, its a horrid mess. So you would need to find someone willing to not only do this, but than rewrite it as well. Also you might lose some creative freedom simply because, again they may need to take something and write it from scratch, simply to make it make since in the confines of the story.

I agree with you, first of all thanks for post.
So, if somebody can translate it, after I read it and correct and adjust the changes. Because my story need to still my story.
(If it’s what you meant)

Because Google, I really think it’s gonna to be horrible. But I’ll try. And I’ll correct what’ll wrong.
(I really think I’m going to translate it myself)

Thanks again for this help !