Request for drop in drop out Multiplayer

One thing that has not existed in Halo matchmaking is the ability to drop into a match in progress. I am tired of having people quit, ruin the match and be stuck playing long odds for 20 minutes. Their needs to be a system for dropping people into a match in progress, so if one person quits that person can be replaced.

YES

Maybe there should be an instant action MM option were ts will put you on a team with players who have quit.

Heck no! That would be stupid joining in the end of a game like CoD. I always hated that in CoD.

I’m split. On one hand, it could be cool because then people could have slots filled when someone quits, which I’d love since I hate being down a guy when someone quits from the lobby as it’s loading the match. Then again, I hate joining matches in games like CoD where the game ends, usually with defeat, as soon, or quickly after I join the match, or joining in the middle of a game where recovery from defeat is impossible. I’d prefer joining a match from the start. It would probably just lead to people quitting left and right when losing because you are free to join and leave whenever, unlike now where there is actually things in place to try to stop you.

I support this.
And for those who don’t want to join a game that’s ending, maybe the 5last minutes shouldn’t let anyone join the game?

I am not quite sure if I support this, because this idea is a double-edged sword. Things can go both ways, good or bad.

Yes. Hell yes

I request that Drop In Drop Out Multiplayer die with Call of Duty.

OP: I don’t want to join your game when it’s halfway finished. Or when you’re likely getting your -Yoink- handed to you at the end of someone’s fist. And the latter is going to be the most likely scenario for any game I join in progress: That I’m joining to replace some guy who quit because you were getting slaughtered.

Pass.

I’ve hated it in every game that’s had it. I do not want it in H4. Or any game that I play.

I do not like this idea because it defeats the purpose of playing a match from beginning to end. I think player stats will start to become meaningless not to mention how a player who jumps into a match will be factored into trueskill or whatever ranking system 343 comes up with.

if you don’t like it when players on your team quit then find some friends to play with so you can have a full party. I never play 4v4 games unless I have at least a party of 3. for 4v4 objective I always have a party of 4.

> One thing that has not existed in Halo matchmaking is the ability to drop into a match in progress. I am tired of having people quit, ruin the match and be stuck playing long odds for 20 minutes. Their needs to be a system for dropping people into a match in progress, so if one person quits that person can be replaced.

You have to understand though - that people will now be encouraged to quit if they feel like it. If people join a game-in-progress, and end up with a team that’s losing horrifically, who is to say that they’ll stay in that game?

no. it would only work if halo reachs credit system stayed in. something i also don’t want to happen.

Okay, so let’s have a scenario where one team is spawn camping another. People start quitting out of the submissive team. People start dropping in after a minute or two. Guess what? They realize they’re being spawn camped, and quit. This continues until the end of the match.

This is what would happen. You’d either join a lobby (ideal solution), join a game in progress that has just started, join a game in progress in which your team is losing, or join a game where your team is an instant from losing. Halo doesn’t need that.

I just got done playing a game of Halo Reach where I was literally cursing because of people quitting on my team… It happened 3 games in a row where more than 1 person on my team quit each time… And when that happens, there’s pretty much no recovring. You’re already pretty much set up to lose. It’s super unfair in my opinion, so I’m all for drop in/drop out multiplayer. Yes, this could encourge quitting a little more, but at the same time there would be people filling in their places… And who knows, maybe you get one of those all star players that can help make a come back?

I’m against almost everything call of duty, but putting drop in/out multiplayer is one thing that CoD did right. And it’s the only thing CoD has that I think 343i should maybe think about putting in the next Halo… An idea I have, is they could try it out in the H4 beta (if there is one) and then get a response from the community… Either way, I’m definitely gonna agree on your request for drop in/out multiplayer in Halo.

> I just got done playing a game of Halo Reach where I was literally cursing because of people quitting on my team… It happened 3 games in a row where more than 1 person on my team quit each time… And when that happens, there’s pretty much no recovring. You’re already pretty much set up to lose. It’s super unfair in my opinion, so I’m all for drop in/drop out multiplayer. Yes, this could encourge quitting a little more, but at the same time there would be people filling in their places… And who knows, maybe you get one of those all star players that can help make a come back?
>
> I’m against almost everything call of duty, but putting drop in/out multiplayer is one thing that CoD did right. And it’s the only thing CoD has that I think 343i should maybe think about putting in the next Halo… An idea I have, is they could try it out in the H4 beta (if there is one) and then get a response from the community… Either way, I’m definitely gonna agree on your request for drop in/out multiplayer in Halo.

You’re only trading problems. Shifting the problem of you and your game being down a man because of quitters onto me, having to join your game in progress.

My only option is to then suffer through getting my -Yoink- kicked since if I leave to find another game, I won’t find a fresh game. Only the catch is that I won’t get a fresh game at the end of it either. I’ll get another game where I’m getting my -Yoink- kicked.

I mean, I could just constantly quit games I get matched into halfway, but I’m not interested in searching for an extended period of time for a decent game. Meanwhile you’re still stuck down a man since people would be coming in, realizing it’s a crap game and immediately leaving.

This kind of stuff would definitely ruin any kind of trueskill system that is set in place for Halo 4 and would cause much more problems than it solves. It will also lead to undeserved wins and undeserved losses.

The only way I could see this working is if players are only able to drop into a game before the first two minutes of that particular game has past. This will solve the problem of certain players not being able to connect to a game and getting lagged out at the start.

Drop-in, Drop-out is a terrible idea that shouldn’t be included in a game of skill. Let’s not add more crutches to Halo.

Definatly.

> > I just got done playing a game of Halo Reach where I was literally cursing because of people quitting on my team… It happened 3 games in a row where more than 1 person on my team quit each time… And when that happens, there’s pretty much no recovring. You’re already pretty much set up to lose. It’s super unfair in my opinion, so I’m all for drop in/drop out multiplayer. Yes, this could encourge quitting a little more, but at the same time there would be people filling in their places… And who knows, maybe you get one of those all star players that can help make a come back?
> >
> > I’m against almost everything call of duty, but putting drop in/out multiplayer is one thing that CoD did right. And it’s the only thing CoD has that I think 343i should maybe think about putting in the next Halo… An idea I have, is they could try it out in the H4 beta (if there is one) and then get a response from the community… Either way, I’m definitely gonna agree on your request for drop in/out multiplayer in Halo.
>
> You’re only trading problems. Shifting the problem of you and your game being down a man because of quitters onto me, having to join your game in progress.
>
> My only option is to then suffer through getting my Yoink! kicked since if I leave to find another game, I won’t find a fresh game. Only the catch is that I won’t get a fresh game at the end of it either. I’ll get another game where I’m getting my Yoink! kicked.
>
> I mean, I could just constantly quit games I get matched into halfway, but I’m not interested in searching for an extended period of time for a decent game. Meanwhile you’re still stuck down a man since people would be coming in, realizing it’s a crap game and immediately leaving.

I never said this would get rid of the quitting problem completely, but I think it’d help… When you’re down by 2 or more people, it’s pretty much impossible to win. And not everyone who joins a losing game would just quit right away… I don’t even see that happen very often in CoD… Most of the time I see people quit in Halo, it’s before the game even starts. Or very shortly after, within a minute or 2 after game start… I think you’d probably find a pretty good number of games where you’re losing pretty bad, but you’d also be really surprised at how many games you join in progress where there are only maybe 15 kills total… Still definitely within reach of coming back.

Drop in/drop out multiplayer is something I’ll always want to see in Halo. Even if it’s only in a single Halo game, just to see it in action and to see how well it would actually work. If it didnt work well, at least they woulda tried. But it’ll probably always be on my halo wishlist.

I’m split too. Maybe there is two choices, create new game, and join existing game. Click either one, and you can easily join or start a new game in any playlist you want. So more people will probably use create a new game, but joining an already started one could be used if you need a small amount of exp or credits (Whichever they use) to get to the next level or rank (Again, I’m not sure which one, or something totally different). But this way some players could join a team with less people, but have a choice on which they want to do.