Request: Black weapon skins included in Nov update

As some new weapon skins are coming in the November update, I’d like to take the opportunity to ask for a set of all-black skins for the AR, DMR, BR and SMG to be included alongside the country & HCS team skins.

I know it’s a rather trivial request, but it’s something that I would greatly like to have.

Although some people have stated that the default skins are “already black”, I disagree.

In order to demonstrate this and also to give an idea of how I’d like the black skins to look, I used a lighting issue that I accidentally discovered after exiting a custom game.

Default AR skin v Black AR (ignore the white stripe).
Default BR skin v Black BR (ignore the orange stripe).
Default DMR skin v Black DMR.
Default SMG skin v Black SMG

Since this is likely going to be the last instance of Halo 5 receiving more content, I’d be very grateful if these skins are included as part of it.

I don’t think that’s a glitch. I think that’s just the lighting of your Spartan changing and the guns fall in the shadows, so you can’t see the colors as much. So what you are labeling as “black” skins are just the default skins in the shade.

Yes! Someone else who wants this! I’m kinda tired of the unprofessional look of some of these weapons skins. Though funny and enjoyable to play with cats of your AR, i’d prefer a sleek and deadly black skin. This and black under-suits for all the armor needs to be added…but that’s another rabbit hole

> 2533274817408735;2:
> I don’t think that’s a glitch. I think that’s just the lighting of your Spartan changing and the guns fall in the shadows, so you can’t see the colors as much. So what you are labeling as “black” skins are just the default skins in the shade.

I’m not sure, I think the Fx from the custom game got carried over to the menu screen.

Default skin clip.

> 2533274870717152;4:
> > 2533274817408735;2:
> > I don’t think that’s a glitch. I think that’s just the lighting of your Spartan changing and the guns fall in the shadows, so you can’t see the colors as much. So what you are labeling as “black” skins are just the default skins in the shade.
>
> I’m not sure, I think the Fx from the custom game got carried over to the menu screen.
>
> I’ll post a DVR vid that I just captured, once it uploads.

Yes, that can happen. I’ve seen it on my own menu screens in the past; my Spartan sometimes looked more orange than the color I actually selected. But it’s based one whatever lighting settings your Spartan was in before, so it’s still just a lighting issue.

I’d personally go with shiny chrome weapon skins (a la CE Magnum), but scary black guns are just as cool too.

> 2533274870717152;1:
> Although some people have stated that the default skins are “already black”, I disagree.

I’d say they’re “already mostly black”. I wouldn’t mind if they added darker ones, but personally, I feel like that would be kinda boring. Just my opinion

> 2533274955181440;3:
> I’m kinda tired of the unprofessional look of some of these weapons skins.

You know what I’m tired of? The unprofessional look of some of the helmets.

> 2535429593088083;6:
> I’d personally go with shiny chrome weapon skins (a la CE Magnum), but scary black guns are just as cool too.

I like this idea too

> 2533274904158628;7:
> > 2533274870717152;1:
> > Although some people have stated that the default skins are “already black”, I disagree.
>
> I’d say they’re “already mostly black”. I wouldn’t mind if they added darker ones, but personally, I feel like that would be kinda boring. Just my opinion
>
>
> > 2533274955181440;3:
> > I’m kinda tired of the unprofessional look of some of these weapons skins.
>
> You know what I’m tired of? The unprofessional look of some of the helmets.

Hahaha true! I totally agree

I wish there was an all black skin like they had in ODST. Not the lightish stuff they have now.

So basically the Master Control skins without the glowing lines? It could work, but I’m sure they have more important things to work on.

> 2533274870717152;1:
> As some new weapon skins are coming in the November update, I’d like to take the opportunity to ask for a set of all-black skins for the AR, DMR, BR and SMG to be included alongside the country & HCS team skins.
>
> I know it’s a rather trivial request, but it’s something that I would greatly like to have.
>
> Although some people have stated that the default skins are “already black”, I disagree.
>
> In order to demonstrate this and also to give an idea of how I’d like the black skins to look, I used a lighting issue that I accidentally discovered after exiting a custom game.
>
> Default AR skin v Black AR (ignore the white stripe).
> Default BR skin v Black BR (ignore the orange stripe).
> Default DMR skin v Black DMR.
> Default SMG skin v Black SMGSince this is likely going to be the last instance of Halo 5 receiving more content, I’d be very grateful if these skins are included as part of it.

If they had spent more time on maps and fine tuning MP this game would not of lost so many people. But it’s lost now so why not.

I would not want a pure black skin, more of dark grey’s and gunmetal. Closer to Halo 3 or Reach’s colors, something more realistic to weapons.

I would like some more practical, low profile looking skins.

> 2533274976607648;10:
> So basically the Master Control skins without the glowing lines? It could work, but I’m sure they have more important things to work on.

A slightly “lighter” colour of black, but that is exactly what I’ve in mind.

The reason I’m asking for them now is because 343 is releasing some new weapon skins in the near future, I’m hoping that they’ll be able to add these in with the rest.

> 2533274844198618;9:
> I wish there was an all black skin like they had in ODST. Not the lightish stuff they have now.

That’s another reason why I’d like some black skins, it’d be a cool throwback to the earlier games.
~
Astartes Marine, do you mean something like this?

Yes please! They could be the “ONI” skins :stuck_out_tongue:

> 2533274870717152;14:
> ~
> Astartes Marine, do you mean something like this?

Yeah something like that, though Halo 4 already pretty much nailed it. Just a simple, no frills appearance of a military weapon.

> 2533274870717152;1:
> As some new weapon skins are coming in the November update, I’d like to take the opportunity to ask for a set of all-black skins for the AR, DMR, BR and SMG to be included alongside the country & HCS team skins.
>
> I know it’s a rather trivial request, but it’s something that I would greatly like to have.
>
>
> In order to demonstrate this and also to give an idea of how I’d like the black skins to look, I used a lighting issue that I accidentally discovered after exiting a custom game.
>
> Default AR skin v Black AR (ignore the white stripe).
> Default BR skin v Black BR (ignore the orange stripe).
> Default DMR skin v Black DMR.
> Default SMG skin v Black SMG
>
> Since this is likely going to be the last instance of Halo 5 receiving more content, I’d be very grateful if these skins are included as part of it.

That’s would be cool but I thought that they weren’t releasing any more halo 5 content than the stuff they revealed in the livestream.

> 2533274940597234;17:
> > 2533274870717152;1:
> > As some new weapon skins are coming in the November update, I’d like to take the opportunity to ask for a set of all-black skins for the AR, DMR, BR and SMG to be included alongside the country & HCS team skins.
> >
> > I know it’s a rather trivial request, but it’s something that I would greatly like to have.
> >
> > Although some people have stated that the default skins are “already black”, I disagree.
> >
> > In order to demonstrate this and also to give an idea of how I’d like the black skins to look, I used a lighting issue that I accidentally discovered after exiting a custom game.
> >
> > Default AR skin v Black AR (ignore the white stripe).
> > Default BR skin v Black BR (ignore the orange stripe).
> > Default DMR skin v Black DMR.
> > Default SMG skin v Black SMG
> >
> > Since this is likely going to be the last instance of Halo 5 receiving more content, I’d be very grateful if these skins are included as part of it.
>
> That’s would be cool but I thought that they weren’t releasing any more halo 5 content than the stuff they revealed in the livestream.

What has got my hopes up is this sentence in the CU:

“Beginning with Halo 5’s Overtime update, you’ll begin to see some new weapon skins arrive in Halo 5 over the next several months”.

I know that they will likely be related to HCS events, but I’m hoping that they’ll consider including these black skins with the other new weapon skins.

> 2533274838073795;15:
> Yes please! They could be the “ONI” skins :stuck_out_tongue:

Im legit shocked we dont have ONI skins yet and Im kind of dissapointed we dont.
I guess the Osiris ones are close but

> 2533274907200114;19:
> > 2533274838073795;15:
> > Yes please! They could be the “ONI” skins :stuck_out_tongue:
>
> Im legit shocked we dont have ONI skins yet and Im kind of dissapointed we dont.
> I guess the Osiris ones are close but

I’ve been using the Osiris skin as a substitute for a black AR, it’d be perfect if it didn’t have the white emblem on it.
Link.