reqs confirmed?

I was reading the latest halo community update and I found what may be a leak for a new halo 5 content drop.

And no, we don’t mention new game/REQ content in case you want to just go ahead and get your forum posts ready now.

what does this mean? will there be a content drop adding the brute scopes and 3rd tier grenade launcher mentioned in other forums? this could possibly be the last massive content drop to halo 5. what do you think?

I want to believe the next update (if there is one) will be focused on eather Halo wars related content being added, or focused on mastercheifs golden years and his halo 3 armor will be added… if they do this, i would also like to see a classic odst armor drop as well, and hopefully a new weapon being the flame thrower. If it is focused on halo wars stuff, there will probably be new armor, such as new variations of the CE armor and some new vehicle’s and possibly some new flood gameplay (Probably not but im hoping for the best). If anything is added at all… my favorite thing that would be put in… has to be eather a loadout reach ar, or a loadout reach DMR

> 2535418887193050;2:
> I want to believe the next update (if there is one) will be focused on eather Halo wars related content being added, or focused on mastercheifs golden years and his halo 3 armor will be added… if they do this, i would also like to see a classic odst armor drop as well, and hopefully a new weapon being the flame thrower. If it is focused on halo wars stuff, there will probably be new armor, such as new variations of the CE armor and some new vehicle’s and possibly some new flood gameplay (Probably not but im hoping for the best). If anything is added at all… my favorite thing that would be put in… has to be eather a loadout reach ar, or a loadout reach DMR

I would love to wreck people in a cobra. I’d also like to see a 3rd tier phaeton.

I guess we just all have to hope this is true. :frowning:

I was wondering about this as well. For my own safety I’m going to assume it’s nothing, that way I don’t get my hopes up.

I have doubts the leak is real. So don’t set your hopes high, you’ll be disappointed when the official response says is not happening but that doesn’t mean one can’t hope.

It’s certainly possible, since they are not doing a Halo 3 anniversary this time, it might not be too hard to justify a content drop around the proper time for the occasion. It would also allow the opportunity to release anything they might have laying around.

I’ve seen the brute weapon projectiles, while they are unfinished, I don’t think they would ultimately opt to leave it unused, but I could be wrong.In addition, Halo CE and 2 had multiplayer content made for their 10 year mark (CE had the Reach map pack, 2A had modern Halo 2 mp in H4 engine) so it stands to reason that they might have something in the pipeline.

I think he is openly mocking anyone hoping for another req update.

I just want new content or at least an update to content already there. I hope this leak is real or else Halo is going to get old again soon.

> 2533274875982754;8:
> I think he is openly mocking anyone hoping for another req update.

This right here. He knows we’re just checking community updates for REQ drops.

> 2533274875982754;8:

343i - The company that cares.

> 2533274875982754;8:

Are you kidding??? Halo 5 is my all time favorite game so if anything I’m the one hoping for a req drop

I assume that this 4k update will also update to HDR, and release whatever REQs/maps that still haven’t released. I’m hoping that they add the classic helmets into the REQ pool, or at least make them purchasable with REQ points.

> 2535449207651405;12:
> > 2533274875982754;8:
> > I think he is openly mocking anyone hoping for another req update.
>
> Are you kidding??? Halo 5 is my all time favorite game so if anything I’m the one hoping for a req drop

I think he was talking about GrimBrother One when he mentioned new REQ content in the Community Update. I mean come on Grim, if there won’t be another update, then just say so -Yoink!-! But if there will be another update, a little teaser morsel would be nice to start the Hype Train.

Maybe. Just assume no.

> 2535440120215345;14:
> > 2535449207651405;12:
> > > 2533274875982754;8:
> > > I think he is openly mocking anyone hoping for another req update.
> >
> > Are you kidding??? Halo 5 is my all time favorite game so if anything I’m the one hoping for a req drop
>
> I think he was talking about GrimBrother One when he mentioned new REQ content in the Community Update. I mean come on Grim, if there won’t be another update, then just say so -Yoink!-! But if there will be another update, a little teaser morsel would be nice to start the Hype Train.

Yes. That’s it. Did not mean that OP was mocking us, but that 343 was mocking anyone who was hoping for news about a future update. He is pretty much saying move on, nothing to see here.

> 2533274875982754;16:
> > 2535440120215345;14:
> > > 2535449207651405;12:
> > > > 2533274875982754;8:
> > > > I think he is openly mocking anyone hoping for another req update.
> > >
> > > Are you kidding??? Halo 5 is my all time favorite game so if anything I’m the one hoping for a req drop
> >
> > I think he was talking about GrimBrother One when he mentioned new REQ content in the Community Update. I mean come on Grim, if there won’t be another update, then just say so -Yoink!-! But if there will be another update, a little teaser morsel would be nice to start the Hype Train.
>
> Yes. That’s it. Did not mean that OP was mocking us, but that 343 was mocking anyone who was hoping for news about a future update. He is pretty much saying move on, nothing to see here.

ok, srry

If they can cram more stuff into the already bloated filesize of Halo 5 in a manner that doesn’t make the game self-destruct on loading, I’d love to see a T3 Grenade Launcher and something HW2 related. Oh, and see if they do something with that mysterious Plasma Launcher. Anyone else remember seeing that in Firefight on Stormbreak reeeaaaaally briefly? It literally was up to luck that you not only got the EXACT combination of round / wavetype and map, but you had to be lucky enough to find and acquire it before it vanished. I’d love to see that pop into the game, and see what sort of variants it’d have. Oh, and while we’re talking weapons w/o variants, the Plasma/Splinter Turret and Sentinel Beam are still lacking some.

Plasma Turret could give us the one the dropships use in Legendary Firefight and that one grunt boss on Noctus. We all know how much those dropships suck, especially the ones that accompany the grunt boss. Like, you’re minding your own business on the OTHER SIDE OF THE MAP and suddenly you’re dead because that dropship gunner insists on singling you out while you’re trying to snipe someone. I want to use that turret on someone.

At this point, all I want is the orange Grenade Launcher and some Sentinel Beam variants.

> 2535454513695654;19:
> At this point, all I want is the orange Grenade Launcher and some Sentinel Beam variants.

Aw no love for that unfinished Plasma Launcher you used to be able to find in WZFF? D: