REQ System

How exactly does the REQ system fit into the lore exactly?

UNSC: Congratulations! You won the lottery! You get more tanks!
Spartan: What if I’m not good with tanks? I’m great with the Sniper Rifle. Can I have some of those?
UNSC: Nope! Have the tanks. And a handful of emblems.
Spartan: What the hell am I going to do with emblems?!

It’s for War Games simulations only.

Well, I’d say for the power weapons and vehicles… at least.

I would never say (and agree) to Spartans unlocking their armor “by chance”, when in Halo 4 they had to EARN their armor by proving their skill and later by doing Specializations…

Well, after this quick thinking, REQ system doesn’t fit in the lore at all. :smiley:

See, this is the kind of answers I want 343 to give us.
The REQ system doesn’t really fit into the lore unless it’s a way to get Spartans to familiarize themselves with every weapon equally.

The money from the Spartans pays for the damage they cause.

I would imagine the systems lore works out a bit like this:

within the war games simulation, specifically war zone, Spartans most likely unlock certain vehicles and weapons the way they do most likely to both test their tactical skill, as in knowing when to call in certain weapons and vehicles, as well as to create a greater sense of said Spartan needing to be careful, given that when they loose that tank they just called in, it won’t simply respawn.

> 2533274925633740;5:
> I would imagine the systems lore works out a bit like this:
>
> within in the war games simulation, specifically warzone, Spartans most likely unlock certain vehicles and weapons the way they do most likely to both test their tactical skill, as in knowing when to call in certain weapons and vehicles, as well as to create a greater sense of said Spartan needing to be careful, given that when they loose that tank they just called in, it won’t simply respawn.

For power weapons and vehicles - it could work.

BUT, how do you explain unlocking armor sets, emblems, etc. by REQs?
Especially that they were earlier unlocked by proving skill and doing specializations?
Now it’s unlocked by chance - almost like gambling, etc.

^ this doesn’t fit at all

> 2533274925633740;5:
> I would imagine the systems lore works out a bit like this:
>
> within in the war games simulation, specifically warzone, Spartans most likely unlock certain vehicles and weapons the way they do most likely to both test their tactical skill, as in knowing when to call in certain weapons and vehicles, as well as to create a greater sense of said Spartan needing to be careful, given that when they loose that tank they just called in, it won’t simply respawn.

This is probably true.

It still doesn’t make sense why the UNSC would train their Spartan branch with weaponry and vehicles in that manner. Why wouldn’t you train all of them with a course outlining the basics, then develop specializations for them?