Req store is a pay-to-win random mess.

> 2533274847563380;10:
> I don’t understand, why do people keep saying it’s not pay to win?

I do not understand either, its clearly P2W… But okay

Let’s see you don’t have to buy reqs you can get them with credits through game play so explain why it’s pay to win? I have never bought one req pack and have won war zone games so how is it pay to win again? It’s pay if you are to impatient to unlock all the digital content that doesn’t mean or get you anything any ways…

> 2533274873954403;21:
> > 2533274847563380;10:
> > I don’t understand, why do people keep saying it’s not pay to win?
>
>
> I do not understand either, its clearly P2W… But okay

If you had read the arguments against it being Pay to win you would understand, but you haven’t, and have instead claimed its P2W without any evidence or reasons for your conclusion.

Well, how is it pay to win if it’s random?

I wouldn’t call it “pay to win” so much as “play to win.” There isn’t really a gameplay difference between somebody who buys all the Reqs with real money versus a guy who just hordes them with RP. The only difference is just that the former can stockpile Reqs at a quicker rate.

In order to be P2W, there would need to be superior combat items that could only be found by spending real money. Since the free RP currency can unlock every Req in the game, the condition of P2W is not fulfilled.

I’m not saying that the Req system is free of issues, because it definitely has plenty of them. However, being P2W is not among those issues.

> 2533274953693601;23:
> > 2533274873954403;21:
> > > 2533274847563380;10:
> > > I don’t understand, why do people keep saying it’s not pay to win?
> >
> >
> > I do not understand either, its clearly P2W… But okay
>
>
> If you had read the arguments against it being Pay to win you would understand, but you haven’t, and have instead claimed its P2W without any evidence or reasons for your conclusion.

I read it, I still think Warzone is Pay to Win.
Im just tired of these threads of people arguing about it. It will always be p2w in my opinion.

> Pay to Win is paying for an advantage

Doesn’t matter if you can unlock stuff in-game for free. You still have that option to pay real money for a higher advantage. Just because I don’t use real money to get my REQ packs doesnt mean -Yoink-. Its still Pay to Win in my eyes. Nothing anyone says can change it.

> 2533274873954403;26:
> > 2533274953693601;23:
> > > 2533274873954403;21:
> > > > 2533274847563380;10:
> > > > I don’t understand, why do people keep saying it’s not pay to win?
> > >
> > >
> > > I do not understand either, its clearly P2W… But okay
> >
> >
> > If you had read the arguments against it being Pay to win you would understand, but you haven’t, and have instead claimed its P2W without any evidence or reasons for your conclusion.
>
>
> I read it, I still think Warzone is Pay to Win.
> Im just tired of these threads of people arguing about it. It will always be p2w in my opinion.
>
>
>
>
> > Pay to Win is paying for an advantage
>
>
> Doesn’t matter if you can unlock stuff in-game for free. You still have that option to pay real money for a higher advantage. Just because I don’t use real money to get my REQ packs doesnt mean -Yoink-. Its still Pay to Win in my eyes. Nothing anyone says can change it.

No one gets anywhere from closing their selves off from new ideas.

In a 12 man stack vs Randoms game on Warzone, if one of the randoms brings a Phaeton or ONI Mantis they spent money for, they aren’t going to suddenly start winning.

> I think a lot of people are misunderstanding what “Pay to Win” means. It’s not always a guarantee that if you pay, you will win. It simply means that people who pay get an advantage. In this case, the advantage of paying is to have a higher chance of getting better items from REQ packs. The REQ packs they get may offer the same items other players can get, but the fact that they have more packs inherently raises their chances of getting better items faster. That is an advantage.
>
> As most people have pointed out, a better player shouldn’t have an issue taking out a worse player who has better REQ gear. The problem arises when a player with poor REQ gear goes up against a player of equal skill with better REQ gear. The player with better gear has an increased chance to win. Thus, a player who pays has a higher chance to get better gear faster, which in turn gives them a higher chance to take out players of an equal skill level.
>
> Does it ruin the game? Not necessarily. Does it make it completely unfair? Not necessarily. In fact, the leveling system does seem to do a decent job of keeping better gear from being completely overpowered. But the OP is simply trying to say that you can pay for an advantage, however slight that advantage might be.
>
> My own personal issue with this is that the whole system is based on chance/luck. I like the old school style of Halo where every player has the same chance to get the same weapons. This was done by having all the weapons and vehicles on the map. After hearing that, many people tend to say “Then go play Arena!” But what they don’t understand is that I love the rest of the concepts of Warzone. I would love a Warzone experience (BTB and PvPvE), but without the REQ system. But alas, that’s just one man’s opinion. If everyone else is happy with it, then good for them.

This is how I feel about it…
From another P2W thread written by SilentShadowXP.
I’ll leave it at that.

> 2533274873954403;28:
> > I think a lot of people are misunderstanding what “Pay to Win” means. It’s not always a guarantee that if you pay, you will win. It simply means that people who pay get an advantage. In this case, the advantage of paying is to have a higher chance of getting better items from REQ packs. The REQ packs they get may offer the same items other players can get, but the fact that they have more packs inherently raises their chances of getting better items faster. That is an advantage.
> >
> > As most people have pointed out, a better player shouldn’t have an issue taking out a worse player who has better REQ gear. The problem arises when a player with poor REQ gear goes up against a player of equal skill with better REQ gear. The player with better gear has an increased chance to win. Thus, a player who pays has a higher chance to get better gear faster, which in turn gives them a higher chance to take out players of an equal skill level.
> >
> > Does it ruin the game? Not necessarily. Does it make it completely unfair? Not necessarily. In fact, the leveling system does seem to do a decent job of keeping better gear from being completely overpowered. But the OP is simply trying to say that you can pay for an advantage, however slight that advantage might be.
> >
> > My own personal issue with this is that the whole system is based on chance/luck. I like the old school style of Halo where every player has the same chance to get the same weapons. This was done by having all the weapons and vehicles on the map. After hearing that, many people tend to say “Then go play Arena!” But what they don’t understand is that I love the rest of the concepts of Warzone. I would love a Warzone experience (BTB and PvPvE), but without the REQ system. But alas, that’s just one man’s opinion. If everyone else is happy with it, then good for them.
>
>
> This is how I feel about it…
> From another P2W thread written by SilentShadowXP.
> I’ll leave it at that.

Better items, better advantage. It is not Pay to Win. If anything, its Pay4Slight Advantage against players of equal skill as better players will still kill you and you would kill players of lesser skill anyway. Paying does not guarantee a win.

> 2533274953693601;29:
> > 2533274873954403;28:
> > > X
> >
> >
> > This is how I feel about it…
> > From another P2W thread written by SilentShadowXP.
> > I’ll leave it at that.
>
>
> Better items, better advantage. It is not Pay to Win. If anything, its Pay4Slight Advantage against players of equal skill as better players will still kill you and you would kill players of lesser skill anyway. Paying does not guarantee a win.

Did you read it? serious question, I feel like you didn’t.

“Pay4Slight Advantage against players”… is pay to win

> 2533274873954403;30:
> > 2533274953693601;29:
> > > 2533274873954403;28:
> > > > X
> > >
> > >
> > > This is how I feel about it…
> > > From another P2W thread written by SilentShadowXP.
> > > I’ll leave it at that.
> >
> >
> > Better items, better advantage. It is not Pay to Win. If anything, its Pay4Slight Advantage against players of equal skill as better players will still kill you and you would kill players of lesser skill anyway. Paying does not guarantee a win.

Did you read what I said? Having that advantage is only going to help against a player of equal skill. A better player will still beat you, and it really won’t make a difference against bad players as you would beat them anyway.

Well its not entirely compulsory to buy the REQs like some games have with expansions and the like but it certainly does help when you have the nice unlocks. I play with some guys who don’t have many REQs and no money to buy the packs and they do alright just defending armouries and hanging back though.

As someone who bought all the packs for 100% right away I can really attest to the fact this is NOT pay to win. Those who think it is pay to win have never played a MMO and have their heads so far up their -Yoinks!- it is amazing they can function.

In no way will one person totally sway the whole game because they pulled out a Phaeton or a Ultra Banshee.

My VERY FIRST Phaeton. Spawned in and instantly died to a Spartan Laser hit before I could even realize what I was in.

There is DOZENS of counters to EVERY Vehicle and EVERY Req card.

Let us take into the idea of ANY VEHICLE. Let’s see what counters these

Any railgun out of the 3 of them will -Yoinking!- ruin a vehicles day. Even the base railgun just ruins -Yoink- it hits. It may not 1 shot but the damage it will do with a direct hit is enough to make the remaining health either taken out by 1 more shot or the teamfire that should be happening will sort it.

Railgun(any of them) Req 4 through 5 Common/Uncommon/Rare
SAW(Any of them…particularly The Answer) Req 5 through 6 Common/Uncommon/Rare
Spartan Laser(ANY OF THEM) Req 5 through 7. Rare/Ultra Rare/Legendary
Incineration Cannon(ANY) Req 5 through 8 Rare/Ultra Rare/Legendary
Plasma Caster(Any. particularly the rare one) Req 4 through 6 Uncommon/Rare/Ultra Rare
Hydra(Any. Particularly the Echidna) Reqs 5/5/7 Uncommon/Rare/Ultra
Rocket Launcher(ANY Particularly the High Five) Req 6/6/7 Uncommon/Rare/Ultra Rare
SPNKR Launcher(ANY AND -Yoinking!- ALL) Reqs 6/6/7/8
Chain Gun Turrer(ANY, Particularly the Oni Turret. Req 2/5 Common/Ultra Rare
Fuel Rod Cannon(Common only good if they try to splatter you, the rest are good but not the best choice) Req 4/5/5 Uncommon/Rare/Ultra
Gauss Turrets(ANY, Particularly the Oni one) Req 6 Legendary.
And last, but not least. The most rage inducing gun when it comes to being in Vehicles and in general. The -Yoinking!- reason for high blood pressure, the biggest blackest -Yoink- swinging in anti vehicle guns. The -Yoinking!- Plasma Pistol. ANY OF THEM. The Voids Tear itself is one of the most effective denial of -Yoinking!- everything guns in the game. It’s tracking is off the damn wall. You can hold its charge indefinitely, it leaves a pulsing vortex which will strip the shields of anyone who runs through it including your own team and it will strip EVERYONE’S shields as long as it is on the the floor. This will also shut down any vehicles coming into contact with it. 20 people could run through it and it would not give 2 -Yoink- about the shields. They are gone. It takes only 6-7% each charged shot. I have personally shot the floor as 4 people ran in and stipped all their shields and 1 grenade killed all of them. This gun is as close to GOD as you can get. Reqs 3/3/4. Common/Uncommon/Rare

Any one of these guns will take out even the mightiest of vehicles in seconds. Some of them require more skill then others to use but in this list is several guns that take no skill at all to take out a Oni Tank, Ultra Wraith, Phaeton, Ultra Banshee, Ultra Ghost and the dreaded -Yoink- you in the face Oni Warthog/Oni Gungoose)

Any Ghost will is done if you hit it in the side. And no not JUST the driver. For those who pay attention to -Yoink- you will notice on the Ghost itself by the drivers feet is a little circle cover. If you shoot this it will destroy even a full health Ghost Ultra in a few shots from nearly ANY gun. Same applies to a Banshee of any sort and a Wraith.

I do not know the Scorpion’s weak point but I know it has one.

Also I did not include the Nornfang on this list because it is a Mythic Legendary and one of the most rarest guns in game despite the RNG. Yes the Godfang will shut down any vehicle in 3 to 5 shots regardless of what it is.

All of the Vehicles can counter one another. Hell I have (albiet very insanely lucky) killed a Ultra Banshee with a Oni Gun goose. The idiot tried to ram a teammate(which he did splatter) but it put his side right infront of me and BOOM. 1 shot on the weak point and it was dead. I have seen tanks shredded by gun gooses(personally I have been -Yoinking!- annihilated by a gun goose in a wraith when it got behind me, 2 shots in the weak core).

Want to know what one of the most annoying counters is to a vehicle? YOU. Climb on it and blow it up or take it.

What counters other guns ? Just about every gun counters every gun. SMG and AR will win no fight across the map for a BR or DMR and even the dreaded Magnum(which also wont win a across the map fight with the average player. Even a pro would have a issue with a mapped fight against a DMR/BR)

What counters shotguns? Range
What counters range? Get in close and use Shotgun/SMG.

Everything is a perfect cirlce of dominance and counters all in 1.

What counters “The Answer”? A tank round(seriously though just dont stand infront of him)

Here is what a pay to win would be

Make a Delux pack. What is in this pack? Same -Yoink- but what can you get by chance? A Req 1 Oni version of any vehical. This pack can not be bought with Req points and costs 10$ per pack. Pay to win.

This? This is Pay for Convenience. That is it. It will not win you any games unless the whole team works well.

In the time I have played I have only seen 1 time where a guy carried a team. He was 66 kills and 1 death and he was using the -Yoinking!- BR and Magnum at start and jumped to a DMR later and that was -Yoinking!- it. He is how I learned about the weak points being back from Halo 2. He shot my -Yoinking!- Ultra Banshee to pieces by hitting the weak point.

> 2533274837720524;2:
> Then put it down and leave to Reach, you won’t be missed.
>
> (Ps, it’s still not Pay to Win)

alright so they guy who spends $100 on req packs have all of these mythics and legendaries to use in warzone while the random player doesn’t. Totally not pay to win

I loved the way the classes work In CoD and the customization of Halo 3 for appearance, but this Halo 5 crap is so confusing and dumb. I completed campaign and got nothing for it in customization… you should earn some armor for the different difficulties of campaign and multiplayer achievements.

Actually, it’s play to win. I play Warzone just fine and I don’t pay any money. You don’t see someone spawn in Mantis after Mantis (feel free to replace Mantis with any other weapon, Mantises are made of cardboard). Keep in mind that this game has arguably one of the highest, if not the highest skill gaps in Halo history. A skilled player can easily take out one of your precious vehicles that you paid for.

> 2533274799163887;5:
> You have twelve people per team, so first off that’s plenty of teamwork to take out some Oni Warthog that someone “bought”.
>
> You just gotta be good, and not suck.

XD I do that all the time I took out a whole enemy ONI warthog gunner, then driver, then the passenger tried to go on the gun then I shot him down too earning us a free hard earned ONI warthog

> 2533274964075626;34:
> > 2533274837720524;2:
> > Then put it down and leave to Reach, you won’t be missed.
> >
> > (Ps, it’s still not Pay to Win)
>
>
> alright so they guy who spends $100 on req packs have all of these mythics and legendaries to use in warzone while the random player doesn’t. Totally not pay to win

Youre matched with people that have the similar reqs which is fun especially having a mantis duel

I haven’t bought a single, Bronze, Silver or Gold pack. I win a good number of the games I’m in, and am around the top of the scoreboard most of the time. Don’t blame the REQ’s for losing just because you’re bad or can’t use teamwork.

Before I bought req packs, the only thing that bugged me was not having the base level DMR. I bought the $100 gold bundle and nearly got to the last of those req packs before I unlocked it. Now that I’ve got it, I realize that it has not turned me into a badass player. Fact is I’m more deadly with the BRs I’ve been using all this time.

Sure, through those purchased req packs I’ve accumulated a whole bunch of power weapons and vehicles… and it’s all surplus. Given the energy system you can only use so many per match. Even if I were supremely talented I couldn’t tilt a match all by myself with this stuff.

I am not supremely talented, so more often than not I’m killed before I fire a shot with my shiny power item, and then the other team can possible use it. So, those power weapons can be a double-edged sword. Speaking of which: just a couple games ago I req’d a sword, got killed, then got killed twice more by the same sword I brought into the game.

Yeah, by purchasing req packs you unlock certifications for cool toys faster than you would by playing the game. Fact is, though, I had unlocked some very cool items before I purchased any req packs. And when you think about it: does unlocking 19 out of 21 assault rifles make me a badass? How many different warthog types does a player really need?

I still don’t have the Phaeton, btw… but even if I did, it would not be a game changer. So as many others are saying, it’s not pay to win. It’s pay to show off your fancy customizations, and/or have a larger variety of (well-balanced) weapons to choose from… but again, none are game-changers: no gjallarhorn here.