Req store is a pay-to-win random mess.

Vehicles with heavy weapons in team games are an integral part of the Halo multiplayer experience. Having to pay real money, or an hour or two’s worth or req points, on req packs that may not even contain the vehicles that fans know and love, makes piloting one a rare luxury, and severely limits the game’s potential fun factor.

The main problem is how random it is. It’s not that I can’t afford 3.00 for a gold pack, a big part of the problem is that I don’t know what the heck I’m getting! Even if I could afford to spend infinite amounts of money on req packs, I would be too insulted that you are asking me to pay for something and not telling me what it is. It’s an idiotic business model. If you are going to ask us to pay money, or spend hours earning req points, at least let us have some say in what we’re getting.

The other problem is that it’s pay to win. I didn’t mind Paying 5.00 for permanent weapons and upgrades because it saved me time and frustration playing against players who may already have them while I try to earn the credits to afford them. It didn’t feel like cheating because everyone who doesn’t pay money could earn them permanently by playing the game, and eventually catch up. It also put me on a level playing field with the people who had been playing since long before me. Since req cards you earn in Halo 5 are only temporary, there’s no “catching up.” People who spend money on the game are always going to have a leg-up on the people who have to play for hours to get the same stuff.

Get rid of the randomness. Let us choose what we buy, or at the very least, narrow down the randomness with different categories (gold/silver vehicle req pacs, gold/silver weapon req packs, power up req packs). And don’t make them cost so many damn req points that we barely get to use them without paying real money.

The current req store and req packs don’t tempt me to give 343 more money, they tempt me to put this game down and go back to Halo:Reach.

Then put it down and leave to Reach, you won’t be missed.

(Ps, it’s still not Pay to Win)

its not pay to win. period.

> 2533274837720524;2:
> Then put it down and leave to Reach, you won’t be missed.
>
> (Ps, it’s still not Pay to Win)

It’s little bit (and that is a very little bit), but I feel like it wasn’t intentional.

No one will really notice that it’s pay to win unless they analyze it, but even then it still won’t matter because Warzone is lame.

You have twelve people per team, so first off that’s plenty of teamwork to take out some Oni Warthog that someone “bought”.

You just gotta be good, and not suck.

> 2533274900244886;1:
> Vehicles with heavy weapons in team games are an integral part of the Halo multiplayer experience. Having to pay real money, or an hour or two’s worth or req points, on req packs that may not even contain the vehicles that fans know and love, makes piloting one a rare luxury, and severely limits the game’s potential fun factor.
>
> The main problem is how random it is. It’s not that I can’t afford 3.00 for a gold pack, a big part of the problem is that I don’t know what the heck I’m getting! Even if I could afford to spend infinite amounts of money on req packs, I would be too insulted that you are asking me to pay for something and not telling me what it is. It’s an idiotic business model. If you are going to ask us to pay money, or spend hours earning req points, at least let us have some say in what we’re getting.
>
> The other problem is that it’s pay to win. I didn’t mind Paying 5.00 for permanent weapons and upgrades because it saved me time and frustration playing against players who may already have them while I try to earn the credits to afford them. It didn’t feel like cheating because everyone who doesn’t pay money could earn them permanently by playing the game, and eventually catch up. It also put me on a level playing field with the people who had been playing since long before me. Since req cards you earn in Halo 5 are only temporary, there’s no “catching up.” People who spend money on the game are always going to have a leg-up on the people who have to play for hours to get the same stuff.
>
> Get rid of the randomness. Let us choose what we buy, or at the very least, narrow down the randomness with different categories (gold/silver vehicle req pacs, gold/silver weapon req packs, power up req packs). And don’t make them cost so many damn req points that we barely get to use them without paying real money.
>
> The current req store and req packs don’t tempt me to give 343 more money, they tempt me to put this game down and go back to Halo:Reach.

You must be bad at this game lol. BR dominates Warzone and none of the other game modes require reqs. Also opening reqs results in random unlocks but there is a method to do it where you can unlock pretty much everything relatively quickly. I have 4 days on the game and I have pretty much all the common, uncommon, and rare reqs. Next I’ll start with gold and I know I’ll be getting good unlocks each time.

I’ve never bought a REQ pack and I sell EVERY weapon, vehicle, and power-up I get immediately. I don’t waste my time with them because I often get killed before I get a chance to use them, so I’d rather put those points back into unlocking more armor. The only things I use in Warzone are my BR, Magnum, DMR, AR, SMG, Grenades, and Armor Mods. And I have won slightly more than 50% of my Warzone matches. And I don’t dilly-dally. I get a lot of kills, captures, and boss kills. I’m often, not always but often, in the top third of point-earning players.

Meaning, that WITHOUT PAYING A DIME and WITHOUT EVEN USING REQs AT ALL, you can still win in Warzone if you’re decent and use teamwork. Therefore, it is objectively NOT pay to win. Of course, maybe I’ve had teammates pumping cash into it and spawning tanks left and right and that’s why we’ve won, but I’m pretty sure it was me sneaking in and capturing bases while I had teammates camping outside their Home Base ready to hit that core.

Good God, this again. It’s not P2W, in any sense of the phrase.

I bought my way to 100%, and I still suck and still lose. My ONI tank gets boarded and killed by a single grenade just as quickly as a normal scorpion. People with BRs shoot my phaetons out of the sky long before I can kill anyone.

Does anyone know what pay to win actually is?

Pay to Win is paying for an advantage that is only available for money.
REQ packs can be earned by playing. Therefore, it is not pay to win, as everyone can get the stuff without paying.

And its not like packs that only contain ONI Scorpions and Mantis can be bought, if you spend money, you aren’t guaranteed the best items.

If there were packs that only cost money, and were specialised e.g Legendary ONI pack that included the ONI Rocket Hog, ONI Gauss Hog, ONI Scorpion and ONI Mantis) Then I would agree that the system was Pay-to-Win.

A crap player won’t become the best player in the game because he got an ONI Scorpion from a Req Pack he bought with cash. An example of this type of player would be ReadyupLive (Greenskull) He bought his way to 100% but he is in no way dominating his opponents and winning games by himself.

I don’t understand, why do people keep saying it’s not pay to win?

> 2533274847563380;10:
> I don’t understand, why do people keep saying it’s not pay to win?

Because you don’t need to spend money to earn them, and one guy with a ONI Scorpion or Mantis is not going to win a 12v12 team based mode.

It would be nice to have vehicle, weapon, armour, boost, and powerup options.

> 2533274953693601;11:
> > 2533274847563380;10:
> > I don’t understand, why do people keep saying it’s not pay to win?
>
>
> Because you don’t need to spend money to earn them, and one guy with a ONI Scorpion or Mantis is not going to win a 12v12 team based mode.

I see, but it does seem easier to drop a few bucks on a pack rather then grind out a few hours to get just one silver, pay to win or not it’s a bad business practice.

> 2533274847563380;13:
> > 2533274953693601;11:
> > > 2533274847563380;10:
> > > I don’t understand, why do people keep saying it’s not pay to win?
> >
> >
> > Because you don’t need to spend money to earn them, and one guy with a ONI Scorpion or Mantis is not going to win a 12v12 team based mode.
>
>
> I see, but it does seem easier to drop a few bucks on a pack rather then grind out a few hours to get just one silver, pay to win or not it’s a bad business practice.

it takes 2 games of Warzone to get a silver pack, which at the most, is only about 40min play time, no where near the hours upon hours of game time people keep pulling out of their cod pieces.

> 2533274847563380;13:
> > 2533274953693601;11:
> > > 2533274847563380;10:
> > > I don’t understand, why do people keep saying it’s not pay to win?
> >
> >
> > Because you don’t need to spend money to earn them, and one guy with a ONI Scorpion or Mantis is not going to win a 12v12 team based mode.
>
>
> I see, but it does seem easier to drop a few bucks on a pack rather then grind out a few hours to get just one silver, pay to win or not it’s a bad business practice.

It’s actually the opposite of bad business, at least in fiscal sense. I and many others have dropped hundreds into the packs in order to avoid the grind. Fact is, 343 is making money off of them, and a lot of people love the REQ system. Be glad that there aren’t any packs that can ONLY be bought with money, and that everyone has the same chance to get the same gear from the same packs.

> 2533274953693601;14:
> > 2533274847563380;13:
> > > 2533274953693601;11:
> > > > 2533274847563380;10:
> > > > I don’t understand, why do people keep saying it’s not pay to win?
> > >
> > >
> > > Because you don’t need to spend money to earn them, and one guy with a ONI Scorpion or Mantis is not going to win a 12v12 team based mode.
> >
> >
> > I see, but it does seem easier to drop a few bucks on a pack rather then grind out a few hours to get just one silver, pay to win or not it’s a bad business practice.
>
>
> it takes 2 games of Warzone to get a silver pack, which at the most, is only about 40min play time, no where near the hours upon hours of game time people keep pulling out of their cod pieces.

That’s assuming you win, if you lose you only get about 1500. If you rank highest in your team I notice you get a bonus of I think 500 more. But it does take a long time to get something usefull, much time I want to spend on things less grinedy. And please nobody say “then go play something else or get gud scrub” because I have a voice too and I want to see this game get gud for everyone.

How is it pay to win? As you said yourself it’s random. If you keep loosing it’s not because the other paid for REQ packs, it’s because the other team was better. Or it was because Warzone is a broken gamemode where a single kill steal on a boss can win a match. Most likely the latter.

> 2533274953693601;14:
> > 2533274847563380;13:
> > > 2533274953693601;11:
> > > > 2533274847563380;10:
> > > > I don’t understand, why do people keep saying it’s not pay to win?
> > >
> > >
> > > Because you don’t need to spend money to earn them, and one guy with a ONI Scorpion or Mantis is not going to win a 12v12 team based mode.
> >
> >
> > I see, but it does seem easier to drop a few bucks on a pack rather then grind out a few hours to get just one silver, pay to win or not it’s a bad business practice.
>
>
> it takes 2 games of Warzone to get a silver pack, which at the most, is only about 40min play time, no where near the hours upon hours of game time people keep pulling out of their cod pieces.

if you use a boost you can get a silver almost every war game also pending on which one you use and how well you do

> 2533274847563380;16:
> > 2533274953693601;14:
> > > 2533274847563380;13:
> > > > 2533274953693601;11:
> > > > > 2533274847563380;10:
> > > > > I don’t understand, why do people keep saying it’s not pay to win?
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Because you don’t need to spend money to earn them, and one guy with a ONI Scorpion or Mantis is not going to win a 12v12 team based mode.
> > >
> > >
> > > I see, but it does seem easier to drop a few bucks on a pack rather then grind out a few hours to get just one silver, pay to win or not it’s a bad business practice.
> >
> >
> > it takes 2 games of Warzone to get a silver pack, which at the most, is only about 40min play time, no where near the hours upon hours of game time people keep pulling out of their cod pieces.
>
>
> That’s assuming you win, if you lose you only get about 1500. If you rank highest in your team I notice you get a bonus of I think 500 more. But it does take a long time to get something usefull, much time I want to spend on things less grindy. And please nobody say “then go play something else or get gud scrub” because I have a voice too and I want to see this game get gud for everyone.

No one is saying any such thing. The prevailing argument is that Reqs ≠ P2W.
And the time it takes to get anything “useful” is all based on RNG. You could get a phaeton in your first pack, like a friend of mine did, or it can be your last unlock, as was my case.

> 2533274811958118;19:
> > 2533274847563380;16:
> > > 2533274953693601;14:
> > > > 2533274847563380;13:
> > > > > 2533274953693601;11:
> > > > > > 2533274847563380;10:
> > > > > > I don’t understand, why do people keep saying it’s not pay to win?
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > Because you don’t need to spend money to earn them, and one guy with a ONI Scorpion or Mantis is not going to win a 12v12 team based mode.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > I see, but it does seem easier to drop a few bucks on a pack rather then grind out a few hours to get just one silver, pay to win or not it’s a bad business practice.
> > >
> > >
> > > it takes 2 games of Warzone to get a silver pack, which at the most, is only about 40min play time, no where near the hours upon hours of game time people keep pulling out of their cod pieces.
> >
> >
> > That’s assuming you win, if you lose you only get about 1500. If you rank highest in your team I notice you get a bonus of I think 500 more. But it does take a long time to get something usefull, much time I want to spend on things less grindy. And please nobody say “then go play something else or get gud scrub” because I have a voice too and I want to see this game get gud for everyone.
>
>
> No one is saying any such thing. The prevailing argument is that Reqs ≠ P2W.
> And the time it takes to get anything “useful” is all based on RNG. You could get a phaeton in your first pack, like a friend of mine did, or it can be your last unlock, as was my case.

I see what you mean, I guess my problem isn’t that it’s pay to win then. By the way, thank you guys for clearing up the dibate for me.