Req snowball is killing warzone

It seems like every match winds up with one team at level 6 and the other at level 3. It’s over at that point. 343 has spent a lot of time trying to balance reqs by level, and that’s great. The problem is that in warzone it’s rarely level 5 vs level 5. It’s usually level 3 vs 5 or 6. One team gets access to higher level reqs and the other team has no chance of winning at that point. It’s getting really hard to resist quitting when you are getting blasted by tanks and you have crappy level 3 reqs. If we are ever going to have contested matches we need the req level for each team to stay close. Maybe not exactly the same level, but close. Winning or losing by large margins isn’t that fun, especially when the outcome is already known 10 minutes before the match is over.

There have been those rare matches when my team cannot level up and we get trapped/killed in a base making it virtually impossible to rank up. Some kind of Req level adjustment should be made. This is a good idea.

They shouldn’t have changed any levels for reqs, they should have fixed it so everybody is on the same level all the time. But no, that’d be too easy.

At least those higher reqs were earned through better play (and a bit of luck). Also I think plasma pistol is req 2 now so that helps.

> 2533274833309866;4:
> At least those higher reqs were earned through better play (and a bit of luck). Also I think plasma pistol is req 2 now so that helps.

They were earned, but it gets out of hand in the match. I’m just burnt out on seeing a 450-250 score and knowing the match is already realistically over.

> 2535468812026872;5:
> > 2533274833309866;4:
> > At least those higher reqs were earned through better play (and a bit of luck). Also I think plasma pistol is req 2 now so that helps.
>
> They were earned, but it gets out of hand in the match. I’m just burnt out on seeing a 450-250 score and knowing the match is already realistically over.

yea i played some warzone yesterday and many games were like 1000-300, seems the momentum is difficult to stop

Once you realize how hard it is to get even some Rare REQs (like The Answer or Light of Urs), it’s not hard to understand why most randoms end up doing horribly. Without some key low-tier REQs (like those mentioned and others), winning can be extremely difficult when put up against a superior arsenal. Something like the ONI Hog (only a level 3 REQ) can turn the tide of a close game early on. The problem wouldn’t be as bad if the Microtransactions were more limited (or even flat out removed). Warzone is simply one of those things in games that punishes you for being a new player.

Hmmm… I played several matches yesterday, and I did notice this exact phenomenon. Often when I play a warzone match, it is usually pretty even, perhaps a clear winner or loser. But not necessarily a blowout match with no hope and instant death spawns. But yesterday, it seemed every match I played was extremely one sided. Sometimes I was on the winning side and others the losing side, but one team clearly dominated and the other team didn’t have a chance. Maybe we’re still getting used to the new req changes?

> 2533274882108474;3:
> They shouldn’t have changed any levels for reqs, they should have fixed it so everybody is on the same level all the time. But no, that’d be too easy.

So the guy going 1 and 29 should be at the same level as a guy/gal going 20 and 5?
Or the person not even trying to cap a base running around getting killed everywhere should be on the same level as the person doing all they can to cap based and make the push for more bases…
And well if your team is getting spawn trapped not much can be done about it. Yeah maybe you will get out with a flyer or camo but will be short lived against them. At that point much better off just saving your req for anthor time

> 2535468812026872;1:
> It seems like every match winds up with one team at level 6 and the other at level 3. It’s over at that point. 343 has spent a lot of time trying to balance reqs by level, and that’s great. The problem is that in warzone it’s rarely level 5 vs level 5. It’s usually level 3 vs 5 or 6. One team gets access to higher level reqs and the other team has no chance of winning at that point. It’s getting really hard to resist quitting when you are getting blasted by tanks and you have crappy level 3 reqs. If we are ever going to have contested matches we need the req level for each team to stay close. Maybe not exactly the same level, but close. Winning or losing by large margins isn’t that fun, especially when the outcome is already known 10 minutes before the match is over.

Warzone has always had the snowball problem, this is nothing new. And you’re wrong, the whole team won’t be at level 3 or 5, it’s down to each player and some will be much higher than others.

If you’re struggling to level up then go for some AIs early on, capture the armoury, get some of the easy bosses. You can splatter some of the elites for some easy points, that’ll get you ranked up in no time. So even if the enemy team has more skilled players, you can level up faster than them by going for some AIs.

The outcome is definitely not known after only a few minutes. It’s always possible to make a comeback, I’ve had some crazy ones.

As I mentioned earlier it is not widespread, looking at my last 20 games.

25% losing team lost by 100 pts or less. Widest margin of loss for this segment was 52 points. pretty even matches.
55% losing team lost by 101 - 500 pts. No team in this segment lost by more than 471 points.
20% losing team lost by greater than 600 pts

Looking at the numbers, I think it is fine as is, would not want to mess with something that only occurs 20% of the time. Keep in mind this is a focus group of 1.

> 2533274792641480;10:
> > 2535468812026872;1:
> > It seems like every match winds up with one team at level 6 and the other at level 3. It’s over at that point. 343 has spent a lot of time trying to balance reqs by level, and that’s great. The problem is that in warzone it’s rarely level 5 vs level 5. It’s usually level 3 vs 5 or 6. One team gets access to higher level reqs and the other team has no chance of winning at that point. It’s getting really hard to resist quitting when you are getting blasted by tanks and you have crappy level 3 reqs. If we are ever going to have contested matches we need the req level for each team to stay close. Maybe not exactly the same level, but close. Winning or losing by large margins isn’t that fun, especially when the outcome is already known 10 minutes before the match is over.
>
> Warzone has always had the snowball problem, this is nothing new. And you’re wrong, the whole team won’t be at level 3 or 5, it’s down to each player and some will be much higher than others.
>
> If you’re struggling to level up then go for some AIs early on, capture the armoury, get some of the easy bosses. You can splatter some of the elites for some easy points, that’ll get you ranked up in no time. So even if the enemy team has more skilled players, you can level up faster than them by going for some AIs.
>
> The outcome is definitely not known after only a few minutes. It’s always possible to make a comeback, I’ve had some crazy ones.

Exactly!! A 200 point deficit is not the time to call game over. I have overcome it and also lost when we had a 200-300 point lead it is far from impossible. It’s difficult but anything worth doing shouldn’t be easy. I feel that making it so that all players are at the same REQ level at all times is “Instant Gratification” and we already have to much of that going on.

I feel for the people just starting out and struggling to get to the higher REQ levels(6-9) but I remember when I first started Warzone I struggled to get to those levels but the more I played and learned the maps and learned the game soon I saw that I was getting to those higher REQS more frequently. Keep playing and keep working and soon you will be the guy bringing out heavy REQ early.

> 2533274816888836;12:
> > 2533274792641480;10:
> > > 2535468812026872;1:
> > > It seems like every match winds up with one team at level 6 and the other at level 3. It’s over at that point. 343 has spent a lot of time trying to balance reqs by level, and that’s great. The problem is that in warzone it’s rarely level 5 vs level 5. It’s usually level 3 vs 5 or 6. One team gets access to higher level reqs and the other team has no chance of winning at that point. It’s getting really hard to resist quitting when you are getting blasted by tanks and you have crappy level 3 reqs. If we are ever going to have contested matches we need the req level for each team to stay close. Maybe not exactly the same level, but close. Winning or losing by large margins isn’t that fun, especially when the outcome is already known 10 minutes before the match is over.
> >
> > Warzone has always had the snowball problem, this is nothing new. And you’re wrong, the whole team won’t be at level 3 or 5, it’s down to each player and some will be much higher than others.
> >
> > If you’re struggling to level up then go for some AIs early on, capture the armoury, get some of the easy bosses. You can splatter some of the elites for some easy points, that’ll get you ranked up in no time. So even if the enemy team has more skilled players, you can level up faster than them by going for some AIs.
> >
> > The outcome is definitely not known after only a few minutes. It’s always possible to make a comeback, I’ve had some crazy ones.
>
> Exactly!! A 200 point deficit is not the time to call game over. I have overcome it and also lost when we had a 200-300 point lead it is far from impossible. It’s difficult but anything worth doing shouldn’t be easy. I feel that making it so that all players are at the same REQ level at all times is “Instant Gratification” and we already have to much of that going on.
>
> I feel for the people just starting out and struggling to get to the higher REQ levels(6-9) but I remember when I first started Warzone I struggled to get to those levels but the more I played and learned the maps and learned the game soon I saw that I was getting to those higher REQS more frequently. Keep playing and keep working and soon you will be the guy bringing out heavy REQ early.

Yeah I agree. I was the same when I started Warzone, didn’t even have a BR! I remember trying to get the DMR for weeks on end, didn’t get it until level 70 something.

Even when I had most of the high level REQs, I sometimes struggled to level up. But I practised loads and now usually get to level 9 with a decent amount of time left. Got my first unfrig the other day too, I wouldn’t even have thought that possible when I started out.

Having everyone at the same REQ level would suck for so many reasons. The main one being that bad players are getting rewarded for playing badly. They die 10 times, get 0 kills and suddenly they’re level 9 because someone on the other team killed them loads. That doesn’t make any sense at all.

You are going to run into that every now and then regardless. Some players level up faster then others but it’s all about tactics, location and weapon/vehicle choice. There are some major blowouts but you can’t just expect to gain a req level just because the other team is. They are playing their reqs to get to a higher level in order to win. Would I like to be at the same level as the guy with a sniper…oh yea! But in the mean time I will try and do something else until I get there.
One way out might work would be to have a req level increase of 10% whenever the enemy team gains a req level? You aren’t gaining a lot but it gets them closer? Even then it would go back and forth once a player levels up and bringing higher levels sooner in the match.

> 2533274792641480;13:
> > 2533274816888836;12:
> > > 2533274792641480;10:
> > > > 2535468812026872;1:
> > > > It seems like every match winds up with one team at level 6 and the other at level 3. It’s over at that point. 343 has spent a lot of time trying to balance reqs by level, and that’s great. The problem is that in warzone it’s rarely level 5 vs level 5. It’s usually level 3 vs 5 or 6. One team gets access to higher level reqs and the other team has no chance of winning at that point. It’s getting really hard to resist quitting when you are getting blasted by tanks and you have crappy level 3 reqs. If we are ever going to have contested matches we need the req level for each team to stay close. Maybe not exactly the same level, but close. Winning or losing by large margins isn’t that fun, especially when the outcome is already known 10 minutes before the match is over.
> > >
> > > Warzone has always had the snowball problem, this is nothing new. And you’re wrong, the whole team won’t be at level 3 or 5, it’s down to each player and some will be much higher than others.
> > >
> > > If you’re struggling to level up then go for some AIs early on, capture the armoury, get some of the easy bosses. You can splatter some of the elites for some easy points, that’ll get you ranked up in no time. So even if the enemy team has more skilled players, you can level up faster than them by going for some AIs.
> > >
> > > The outcome is definitely not known after only a few minutes. It’s always possible to make a comeback, I’ve had some crazy ones.
> >
> > Exactly!! A 200 point deficit is not the time to call game over. I have overcome it and also lost when we had a 200-300 point lead it is far from impossible. It’s difficult but anything worth doing shouldn’t be easy. I feel that making it so that all players are at the same REQ level at all times is “Instant Gratification” and we already have to much of that going on.
> >
> > I feel for the people just starting out and struggling to get to the higher REQ levels(6-9) but I remember when I first started Warzone I struggled to get to those levels but the more I played and learned the maps and learned the game soon I saw that I was getting to those higher REQS more frequently. Keep playing and keep working and soon you will be the guy bringing out heavy REQ early.
>
> Yeah I agree. I was the same when I started Warzone, didn’t even have a BR! I remember trying to get the DMR for weeks on end, didn’t get it until level 70 something.
>
> Even when I had most of the high level REQs, I sometimes struggled to level up. But I practised loads and now usually get to level 9 with a decent amount of time left. Got my first unfrig the other day too, I wouldn’t even have thought that possible when I started out.
>
> Having everyone at the same REQ level would suck for so many reasons. The main one being that bad players are getting rewarded for playing badly. They die 10 times, get 0 kills and suddenly they’re level 9 because someone on the other team killed them loads. That doesn’t make any sense at all.

Exactly. The reward for playing good is a higher REQ level and I feel that you should have to work for it not just have it given to you.

Now does it suck to get steamrolled by a team with higher REQ weapons and vehicles? Yes. Should that team be punished for playing well? No. We need a change of though process, instead of “man we are getting blown out they need to make it so things are even the whole game”, we need to start thinking “man we are getting blown out. How did they get so far ahead so fast? What can we do better next time? What mistakes did I make? How can I improve.”. 99% of games that I have lost I can pinpoint something that I did wrong or a way I can improve for next game.

They should’ve made individual performance count more instead of making it mainly about team leveling.

The req level should progress with time not performance, whether individual or team.
And basic loadout weapons should never have been reqs you need to buy, BR/DMR/SMG should have been something every new player began with.

> 2727626560040591;16:
> They should’ve made individual performance count more instead of making it mainly about team leveling.

Individual performance is already the primary factor in levelling up.

Though when the game came out the description said that it was not based on individual performance but the teams. It was later changed to say some thing like it is mainly based on individual performance and a bit to do with team performance. I think they don’t even show this information any more I’m not sure. It was stickied before on the forum some where.

There was a bit of pie in their face cause when playing the game it was noticeable that the level system wasn’t working as stated and people were told they were wrong but they later changed it to what the “wrong people” had been bringing up.

Ocasionally on the opposite end of the req levelling stagnating some times I go from 3-9 pretty quickly with out much effert.

I think it happens once the enemy gets to Req level 6. Once that happens scorpions, banchees, snipers and a lot more powerful stuff become available. Crushing the enemy team, most of the time spamming banchees I see

> 2727626560040591;16:
> They should’ve made individual performance count more instead of making it mainly about team leveling.

I agree that the REQ system rewards the already dominating team, but I don’t think increasing individual performance leveling would benefit a player all that much.

If you level to 6, and your other 11 teammates are at 3, you’re still going to have a bad time against the 12 level 7 players you’re facing. You’re going to hate it even more when you lose that Ultra Rare level 6 REQ you just pulled in 20 seconds. At least losing the level 3 REQ sucks a little less.