REQ Rarity

I find something strange about the REQ system. I used to get a Phaeton about every 5th pack and a Helios every 20th. I never got ONI Wasps, maybe 1 every 50 packs, and Banshee Ultras maybe 1 every 15. Now, past few weeks, I’ve opened about 100 gold packs and have gotten 0 Helios and even basic Phaetons, but probably 30 ONI wasps and 30 Banshee Ultras. Here is some data I have.

Pre-Update:
ONI Wasp: 2%
Banshee Ultra: 8%
Phaeton: 20%
Helios: 5%

Post-Update:
ONI Wasp: 30%
Banshee Ultra: 20%
Phaeton: 5%
Helios: <1%
Does the H5 REQ “assigner” change the frequency? Or does it factor in what REQs are popular and keep them harder to get? Banshee Ultras are much less common in games since the “update” (cripple) to the banshee, and Phaetons are much more common. Does the REQ system factor this in?

I have no idea, but I wish 343 would be more transparent about this.

Your methodology is pretty flawed. Without access to the inner workings, a release of actual drop rates, or a much, much larger samples size with appropriate controls you aren’t going to be able to make any definitive statements about req rarity.

While I’ve never logged exact numbers of my Req’s, I also have noticed a kind of “Cycle” of what Req’s are awarded. Normally I never get hannibal wasps/ONI wasps, but now they’re abundant alongside Answers. October time had me swimming in camo/ad vics, august was my era of phaetons… etc.

> 2533274880633045;3:
> Your methodology is pretty flawed. Without access to the inner workings, a release of actual drop rates, or a much, much larger samples size with appropriate controls you aren’t going to be able to make any definitive statements about req rarity.

My friend who opened 1,500 Gold packs only got 50 helios, vs hundreds of ONI Wasps. I didn’t ask him about the other REQs. I’m one of many of the people I play with whom has noticed the Banshee Ultra increase and Phaeton decrease.

Also, the numbers are from my data. I was asking how accurate/how the method works. I was not making a definitive statement about the REQ system

> 2535453278998196;5:
> > 2533274880633045;3:
> > Your methodology is pretty flawed. Without access to the inner workings, a release of actual drop rates, or a much, much larger samples size with appropriate controls you aren’t going to be able to make any definitive statements about req rarity.
>
> My friend who opened 1,500 Gold packs only got 50 helios, vs hundreds of ONI Wasps. I didn’t ask him about the other REQs. I’m one of many of the people I play with whom has noticed the Banshee Ultra increase and Phaeton decrease.

It still doesn’t really work that way. Saying I (or someone else) just opened a bunch of packs and we got this doesn’t actually tell you much about the drop rate; particularly when someone else could open the same number of packs and get different results.

> 2533274880633045;6:
> > 2535453278998196;5:
> > > 2533274880633045;3:
> > > Your methodology is pretty flawed. Without access to the inner workings, a release of actual drop rates, or a much, much larger samples size with appropriate controls you aren’t going to be able to make any definitive statements about req rarity.
> >
> > My friend who opened 1,500 Gold packs only got 50 helios, vs hundreds of ONI Wasps. I didn’t ask him about the other REQs. I’m one of many of the people I play with whom has noticed the Banshee Ultra increase and Phaeton decrease.
>
> It still doesn’t really work that way. Saying I (or someone else) just opened a bunch of packs and we got this doesn’t actually tell you much about the drop rate; particularly when someone else could open the same number of packs and get different results.

Yes, I understand. I am not making a statement about the REQ system as a whole, I am asking if there is any methodology

> 2535453278998196;7:
> > 2533274880633045;6:
> > > 2535453278998196;5:
> > > > 2533274880633045;3:
> > > > Your methodology is pretty flawed. Without access to the inner workings, a release of actual drop rates, or a much, much larger samples size with appropriate controls you aren’t going to be able to make any definitive statements about req rarity.
> > >
> > > My friend who opened 1,500 Gold packs only got 50 helios, vs hundreds of ONI Wasps. I didn’t ask him about the other REQs. I’m one of many of the people I play with whom has noticed the Banshee Ultra increase and Phaeton decrease.
> >
> > It still doesn’t really work that way. Saying I (or someone else) just opened a bunch of packs and we got this doesn’t actually tell you much about the drop rate; particularly when someone else could open the same number of packs and get different results.
>
> Yes, I understand. I am not making a statement about the REQ system as a whole, I am asking if there is any methodology

Which is what I addressed in my initial post; there isn’t any way that I can see (with the current information) to make any kind of valid conclusions. We don’t have access to the internal workings of the system (or even a window into it), we can’t set up an appropriate sampling with controls, and as of yet there hasn’t been any release of stats from 343 itself.

Comparing two specific reqs isn’t really going to work either. You’re imparting specific significance on two things as opposed to the other reqs of the same level. Are you getting less ultra rares in general? Why are you comparing ultra rares to legendary reqs? Even if we can find a representative sample of a few hundred people and have them open a few hundred req packs each and do the math…you still have to ask the right questions.

It’s all luck I think those numbers were pure luck (unless it’s for everybody) because when I use to open gold packs for armor I usually just got whatever they wanted to give me no rhyme or reason.

I just wish they remove emblems from req packs and create a seperate pack for those or sell it individual by cash. Coz im not so happy opening gold packs and getting emblems at permanent unlock.

> 2535425643606121;10:
> I just wish they remove emblems from req packs and create a seperate pack for those or sell it individual by cash. Coz im not so happy opening gold packs and getting emblems at permanent unlock.

Sounds like you aren’t using the bronze, to silver, to gold method.

> 2533274816788253;11:
> > 2535425643606121;10:
> > I just wish they remove emblems from req packs and create a seperate pack for those or sell it individual by cash. Coz im not so happy opening gold packs and getting emblems at permanent unlock.
>
> Sounds like you aren’t using the bronze, to silver, to gold method.

I did. But on silver reqs i felt like i wasted a lot of rp because of just getting emblems for permanent unlock

> 2535425643606121;12:
> > 2533274816788253;11:
> > > 2535425643606121;10:
> > > I just wish they remove emblems from req packs and create a seperate pack for those or sell it individual by cash. Coz im not so happy opening gold packs and getting emblems at permanent unlock.
> >
> > Sounds like you aren’t using the bronze, to silver, to gold method.
>
> I did. But on silver reqs i felt like i wasted a lot of rp because of just getting emblems for permanent unlock

I vaguely remember that it was changed a long time ago that emblems don’t take the place of a permanent unlock.