Req points

Why does warzone grant you more req points than arena? It should be exactly the same and based on time played etc why would 343 discourage certain game modes from being played. I want to collect armor at a decent pace but I don’t want to play warzone because its a mess.

It is based on time played to a point.

Its how long a playlist game could last.

It can’t be based off time if it should be the same, you have to pick one. If it was the former warzone would still give more because it lasts longer than any other playlist seeing how it has no time limit and it would encourage people in arena to not play good since if they won the match quickly they’d get almost no req points. If it’s the latter I’m sorry but that’s just a terrible idea.

OP is exactly right. CTF in BTB sometimes takes upwards of 20 minutes and all you get is ~750 REQ points whereas if you defend the first base in war zone assault, you’d net ~1400 REQ points in 6 minutes.

I feel like they did this to push more warzone since most of the packs are only good for it. But if you want to make points quickly go to warzone assault. It’s about 1200-1500 points for about 6 minutes of gameplay.

Yeah I figured it’s to encourage people to play warzone, more maps would have probably worked better. Also about score being based on time, I’m just saying that if I play 10 minutes of warzone or 10 minutes of arena it should equal around the same (assuming you play at the same level). I don’t think anyone wants mode popularity to be based on how much you can earn.

> 2533274800766392;6:
> Yeah I figured it’s to encourage people to play warzone, more maps would have probably worked better. Also about score being based on time, I’m just saying that if I play 10 minutes of warzone or 10 minutes of arena it should equal around the same (assuming you play at the same level). I don’t think anyone wants mode popularity to be based on how much you can earn.

Yeah, but what if you’re good at Arena? Say you win a game in 3 minutes or even less? You get less req points. That system punishes players for playing good

> 2533274885540369;7:
> > 2533274800766392;6:
> > Yeah I figured it’s to encourage people to play warzone, more maps would have probably worked better. Also about score being based on time, I’m just saying that if I play 10 minutes of warzone or 10 minutes of arena it should equal around the same (assuming you play at the same level). I don’t think anyone wants mode popularity to be based on how much you can earn.
>
>
> Yeah, but what if you’re good at Arena? Say you win a game in 3 minutes or even less? You get less req points. That system punishes players for playing good

No it wouldnt? you would get more points than normal for doing well, and you could have 3x as many games in the same amount of time.

> 2533274877447134;4:
> OP is exactly right. CTF in BTB sometimes takes upwards of 20 minutes and all you get is ~750 REQ points whereas if you defend the first base in war zone assault, you’d net ~1400 REQ points in 6 minutes.

For anyone that missed it, 343 are upping the REQ points we get from BTB :slight_smile: