Req points, Arena vs Warzone!?

Ok, I need to start farming some req points and I noticed a could friends already lvl 140 or so and myself lvl 84. I only play Arena which got me thinking, are the req points even between Warzone and Arena, or is it the Warzone game last longer -so more req points are earned based on time played ? Another friend was joking and said 3 Warzone games and he gets 2 Req packs and when I play Arena, I have to play 8 games or so, to get a single pack.

Lets pretend there are no boosts involved.

In basic Warzone with say a 16 minute game, you get at least 2.2k when you win, 1.8 if you lose. The game could be longer or shorter. It all depends.
In Warzone assault you get 1.5k I think for winning and 1.2k for losing and those games can be anywhere from 5 mins to 15 mins.
In most Arena games I feel like I only get 700-900 for a 9 minute game.
BTB is about the same as Warzone assault although those games tend to last quit a bit longer than Warzone Assault.

Consider the down times for searching in Arena and I think Warzone can definitely be faster. You are NOT going to get 2 Req packs out of 3 Warzone games without boosts unless he is talking about bronze packs which aren’t worth much anyways.

> 2533274797149385;2:
> In basic Warzone with say a 16 minute game, you get at least 2.2k when you win, 1.8 if you lose. The game could be longer or shorter. It all depends.
> In Warzone assault you get 1.5k I think for winning and 1.2k for losing and those games can be anywhere from 5 mins to 15 mins.
> In most Arena games I feel like I only get 700-900 for a 9 minute game.
> BTB is about the same as Warzone assault although those games tend to last quit a bit longer than Warzone Assault.
>
> Consider the down times for searching in Arena and I think Warzone can definitely be faster. You are NOT going to get 2 Req packs out of 3 Warzone games without boosts unless he is talking about bronze packs which aren’t worth much anyways.

yeah what this guy said

Warzone Assault is definitely the farmer’s choice.

It seems like they are now dishing out points based on the length of the game to some extent, too, so if a game is really short, you might not get quite as many points. But then, this may just be a Join-in-Progress thing. I’ve only noticed it in really short games because those are the ones I JIP into.

I don’t usually do Warzone Assault, but the way the timers work in that game mode makes it tempting to just not attack and to let the defenders take it for a short game. Shorter games, higher turnover, more points. I’m not condoning such poor sportsmanship, and I don’t think it would be possible to convince a bunch of randoms to do it anyway, but if you are thinking about the fastest point gain, that would be the method I would devise, impossible or not.

I prefer full Warzone anyway so that doesn’t even matter to me. The only time I don’t like Warzone is when I get into a match where the winners turtle the match and farm kills for shiggles.

I find ti a shame that we have to do this. Play Warzone merely for req points. I have about 40 legenadry and hundreds of boosts, since I started. But this is where things are at 343. I could care less about my KD in Warzone. There is no alternative.

REQ points are determined by two things - game time and team/personal performance (aka, medals). The more you do in a game, the more REQ points you get - it’s why teams that push core in Warzone and win that way in the first ten minutes get a LOT of points while the losing team doesn’t get much at all. Consequently, it’s also why Warzone Assault gives about as much as Warzone if played to their conclusion and at least the first base in Warzone gets taken. Warzone Assault is indeed probably the best way to farm REQ points, but you’ve still got to work for them - it’s just that Assault puts team spawns right next to each other, which means a never ending parade of carnage, and that means plenty of opportunities to kill the other team in new and interesting ways (and, by extension, earn REQ points quicker than you would in Arena where you’re forced to spend time hunting them down).

I feel like the Arena crowd is getting screwed over a little bit. Lets say you are in Platinum or Gold and are trying your hardest every game to win. It will take you about 6 games of regardless the play-type to get the same amount of req points as someone who played 2 Warzone(Regular) matches that did absolutely nothing to contribute. Why should someone who is playing their butts off to win get less than someone who road around on a mongoose for 15min? I believe that a consecutive game bonus and a win bonus should be introduced into the system one way or another.

> 2535467159460401;1:
> Ok, I need to start farming some req points and I noticed a could friends already lvl 140 or so and myself lvl 84. I only play Arena which got me thinking, are the req points even between Warzone and Arena, or is it the Warzone game last longer -so more req points are earned based on time played ? Another friend was joking and said 3 Warzone games and he gets 2 Req packs and when I play Arena, I have to play 8 games or so, to get a single pack.
>
> Lets pretend there are no boosts involved.

You want to farm REQ points to level up?
Or did i understand something wrong?
Cause when you only play arena you dont need req points…?
Or you want to get into warzone and need some REQ stuff?

When you want to level up you dont need req points you ned xp points

> 2533274827089748;9:
> > 2535467159460401;1:
> > Ok, I need to start farming some req points and I noticed a could friends already lvl 140 or so and myself lvl 84. I only play Arena which got me thinking, are the req points even between Warzone and Arena, or is it the Warzone game last longer -so more req points are earned based on time played ? Another friend was joking and said 3 Warzone games and he gets 2 Req packs and when I play Arena, I have to play 8 games or so, to get a single pack.
> >
> > Lets pretend there are no boosts involved.
>
>
>
> Or you want to get into warzone and need some REQ stuff?
>
> When you want to level up you dont need req points you ned xp points

I want to get some stuff and its like every few Req packs we get an Armor ot Helm. Like Kurly said, we get little being arena players. 80% of the Req pacs are Warzone stuff. Many Warzone players are close to maxing out. I am 84 and play a lot and am only half way in most areas.

On the bright side, I have hundreds of boosts and things you cant even sell in Warzone, so I may as well take advantage of it. Regardless what anyone thinks.

Why is there such an imbalance ? Well 343 is pretty proud of Warzone and assumed that everyone wanted to play the game.

Warzone man, Warzone. Also sell your warzone cards if you don’t play it, keep at least 3-5 of each

I’ve done some research into this. Like, spreadsheet calculations and everything. And so far, standard warzone and team arena both yield about the same REQ per minute of gameplay (about 105). Warzone Assault, however, yields about 150 REQ per minute of gameplay. It gets stale as far as farming goes, but that’s how it’s done.

To clarify, no boosts were used in my calculations.