REQ packs only way to unlock armor pieces?

I’m wondering if the only way to unlock cosmetics and emblems is through getting REQ packs?

I havn’t looked at the commendations, but they either give a pack with an armor at rank 4/5, OR, they give a pack with a permanent unlock, but could be a gun skin, emblem, or armor.

Pretty much, random is random I’m afraid.

REQ packs and certain promotional things, I got hunter from pre order, nightfall from watching nightfall, and mark VI (or is it IV, I’m bad at Roman numerals) and scarred mark VI from the beta.

Ok looking at commendations, if you master a whole set, you get XP and a pack.

However, the sets are vast, but, you CAN’T see if rank for for a commendation also gives a pack.

So, for certain, getting rank 5 in ALL of a set gets you a pack, but no way to tell ATM if rank 5 for each commendation also give a pack.

Sets are things like covie kills, forerunnter kills, all the vehicular ones (killing in vehicle and killing the vehichle), and all weapons.

Daunting, but I’m sure we’ll get more info as folks hit milestones for commendations.

So REQ Packs are the only lyrics way to get anything?

Sounds like 343 wants to push all its fans away. I’m getting tired of these delusional studios ruining things. Guess I’ll actually have to grow up and spend all my time working and going to the gym. God forbid I have to start reading books. -Yoink- off 343

I’m wondering if the different req packs you can buy give a better or worse chance for armor. I would assume that the gold pack gives the best chance, but the again who even really knows.

Gold and silver both give 2 permanent unlocks so it could be an:

• Emblems - weapon certification’s - weapon skins - armour/helmets - armour modsso if you want to unlock permanent gear silver is the way to go unless you want mythic items like bucks helmet

Go Silver until you get most uncommon-rare armor, then start for gold. That’ll raise your chances of getting Ultra Rare-Mythic armor.

343… good job for ruining armor for everyone. I used to love tracking my progress to get to the next armor unlock. Now i no longer care…

Okay cool. Thanks for the info everyone.

It would be nice if they released packs that had a guaranteed armor piece in it.

Yup. This is just another way in which gaming companies are trying to attract a younger audience. I get the whole war zone use of the req pack. But why place customizable gear there? So that a bunch of snot nose kids with rich parents spend more than $100 dollars on them? Shame on you 343. This -Yoink- is ruining gaming more and more, year by year. And what is the point of having Onyx rank on all playlists if no one can see it, except for a fraction of a second at the end of matches. Honestly get your -Yoink- together. You were supposed to have learned why people loved to play halo back in the day. This is not going to make long lasting fans. The kids you are going after are going to jump on the cod wagon as soon as it comes because guess what? Your reward and ranking system are frustrating.

> 2533274905016756;4:
> …and mark VI (or is it IV, I’m bad at Roman numerals) and scarred mark VI from the beta.

It’s VI (6)… and you got it from the Master Chief Collection :wink:

> 2533274805762526;5:
> Ok looking at commendations, if you master a whole set, you get XP and a pack.
>
> However, the sets are vast, but, you CAN’T see if rank for for a commendation also gives a pack.
>
> So, for certain, getting rank 5 in ALL of a set gets you a pack, but no way to tell ATM if rank 5 for each commendation also give a pack.
>
> Sets are things like covie kills, forerunnter kills, all the vehicular ones (killing in vehicle and killing the vehichle), and all weapons.
>
> Daunting, but I’m sure we’ll get more info as folks hit milestones for commendations.

I’ve completed most of the weapon commendations (/have many close to completion) but this is how it works:
A commendation has 5 levels.
Levels 1, 2, and 4 give you straight up xp
Level 3 gives you xp and a commendation pack with random unlocks
Level 5 gives you xp and a specialized pack containing an emblem related to the commendation and the rest random

I am almost done with Loadout Mastery and then I will open my first mastery pack and be able to share what was inside. (I just unlocked a DMR and it requires level 8 req, so I can really only finish the DMR commendation in certain maps under the arena and not in warzone)

It is disappointing that you can’t mix and match certain pieces of armor anymore. I was disappointing that in Halo 4 there were no elite Armour sets anymore, and now it seems only two armor options with a helmet and body. I hope they add more choice not less, otherwise it cuts down on the variety of Spartans you can find, I honestly see the same 3 or 4 armor sets too often, like spartan Locke’s set or the odst/chief armors.

I believe Req packs are the only way to get gear.
I really hate “random”… Been through much suffering in Destiny

Halo Reach had the best way to Customize your Spartan, IMO

> 2533274905016756;4:
> REQ packs and certain promotional things, I got hunter from pre order, nightfall from watching nightfall, and mark VI (or is it IV, I’m bad at Roman numerals) and scarred mark VI from the beta.

I don’t think that’s how you get Mk VI. I have that and the scarred variant and I didn’t play the beta at all. Someone told me a halo mcc achievement unlocked them.