REQ Packs - Huh?

I’m on vacation and have my Limited Collector’s Edition of Halo 5 sitting on my bed at home, waiting to be opened. I also stopped keeping up to date on the gritty details of the game pre-launch because I want to be blown away by sheer stimulus once I come back and play. However, what I’ve read about REQ packs and the game in general confuses me. Can somebody help?

• Can you only get armour through REQ packs? - Do you customize loudouts? - Why would you need to get weapons from REQ packs? When do you get to use these weapons? - Can I only buy armour with “points” or whatever nonsense this is? Can I earn armour? - How do I get my Deadeye helmet back? - Is this game seriously all random chance now? - Are weapons from REQ packs only for Warzone?You fellow Spartans have better articulation and explanation than videos.

Somebody, please help.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/req-system-and-microtransactions-explained/d57caf80-9288-4915-bdb5-dd7dd1abab0c/posts

This post is at the top of the forum, it should answer most Req questions better than I can.

1. Yes
  2. There are no loadouts in arena, in Warzone you can fully customize it based on your level throughout the match.
  3. Everyone starts with AR, pistol, and BR. DMR and SMG need to be unlocked, as well as all modified versions.
  4. All armor is randomly unlocked.
  5. Not sure if that’s in there but you’d have to get lucky.
    6 and 7. Yes

Armor customization is less important now. Are you saying that you’ll be disappointed because you can’t earn or buy certain armors?
I think the rush to get the rarest thing is dumb and leads to thousands of people crying about recon and flaming helmets.

> 2533274844683829;1:
> I’m on vacation and have my Limited Collector’s Edition of Halo 5 sitting on my bed at home, waiting to be opened. I also stopped keeping up to date on the gritty details of the game pre-launch because I want to be blown away by sheer stimulus once I come back and play. However, what I’ve read about REQ packs and the game in general confuses me. Can somebody help?
>
>
> - Can you only get armour through REQ packs?
> - Do you customize loudouts?
> - Why would you need to get weapons from REQ packs? When do you get to use these weapons?
> - Can I only buy armour with “points” or whatever nonsense this is? Can I earn armour?
> - How do I get my Deadeye helmet back?
> - Is this game seriously all random chance now?
> - Are weapons from REQ packs only for Warzone?
> You fellow Spartans have better articulation and explanation than videos.

I know you want to hear this not from a video, but the req video they made explains it perfectly.

Yes , 90% of the game is random chance, but there are a few ways to manipulate the system , for instance. Buying them in order from least to greatest rarity, will net you better things from the highest rarity items. Any questions post here and I will try to reply.

Here is a link to a post you can read for more information
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/req-system-and-microtransactions-explained/d57caf80-9288-4915-bdb5-dd7dd1abab0c/posts

1. Yes, most armors can only be obtained through REQ packs
  2. You can only customize loadouts in Warzone, of which you’ll have to play a little bit before unlocking the other loadout weapons. (BR, DMR, SMG, etc)
  3. You can get loadout and power weapons from REQ packs, both only available for use in Warzone. Power weapons you can only use once you get enough REQ power in a match (done by getting kills, assists, base captures, etc). Loadout weapons you can use once you get enough REQ power in a match, but they are infinite use during the match.
  4. Armor normally only comes from REQ packs, which you can buy from the in game store with REQ points (which you get by completeing a match), or sometimes by completing commendations, such as getting melee kills. Only a few armor sets you can earn without REQ packs, one of which is the Nightfall armor set, which you get from watching the entire Halo: Nightfall series on the Halo Channel.
  5. The deadeye armor set is unlocked in Halo 5 through REQ packs
  6. No, arena gameplay is purely skill based. In my opinion, there is an easy counter to all REQs in warzone, such as using a low REQ weapon (plasma pistol), to take down a high REQ vehicle (scorpion).
  7. Yes
  1. yes, all armor comes to you through REQ packs and unless its a PROMO then it is random.
  2. to a degree, you can customize weapon skins
  3. to my knowledge, all the weapons you get in REQ packs are to be used in the warzone and warzone assault playlist/ during the game you fight other players and AI also you need to capture objectives, the more you capture or kill the higher lv REQ’s you can use.
  4. unless its a PROMO, then no, you can not earn armor through achievements, except for the helioskrill armor which you get for completing the MCC campaign on legendary.
    you get REQ points in every game, basically the better you do the more you get, and you use those to buy REQ packs.
  5. Pray to the gods of Fortune and Favor, and a little luck wouldn’t hurt.
  6. pretty much.
  7. pretty much, and most of the time on all other playlists there are special weapons all over the map, you just have to get it first, and hope its not an ambush!!! lol

Well I hope this info really helps you!!!