REQ pack sales declining?

343 is either extremely proud of the fact that Halo has micro-transactions right now or REQ packs sales are down. What other reason is there for 343 to shove the BEST SELLER! and MAXIMUM VALUE! REQ packs right in our face when we open the REQ store. It’s quite embarrassing honestly. I know that micro-transactions are necessary in this ‘‘free dlc’’ model but at least be subtle about it. There has never even once been a REQ point discount on a pack, neither does any of the commendation packs actually contain something valuable. Way to go 343!

Micro transactions are not necessary for content releases, people found finished reqs in the files when H5 was released on PC. They are just using that as an excuse.

Multiple Overlapping Distress Signals

From a business standpoint, what sense would it make to have your two most profitable options in the back of the list?

> 2533274968894951;1:
> 343 is either extremely proud of the fact that Halo has micro-transactions right now or REQ packs sales are down. What other reason is there for 343 to shove the BEST SELLER! and MAXIMUM VALUE! REQ packs right in our face when we open the REQ store. It’s quite embarrassing honestly. I know that micro-transactions are necessary in this ‘‘free dlc’’ model but at least be subtle about it. There has never even once been a REQ point discount on a pack, neither does any of the commendation packs actually contain something valuable. Way to go 343!

Well the more likely reasons that obviously come to mind are:

• People may accidently click on them.
  • Increased visibility that way more people will see it.
  • The parents of children who agree to buy their kid a req pack will now see the ‘maximum value’ and possibly consider that as opposed to the lesser value packets
  • People are more likely to buy things if they think they are getting a deal. You can actually raise the price on something and add a ‘Sale’ sign and potentially sell it.
  • They are a business and desire to make money. (Shocking I know.)
  • People also have a tendency to get what other people are getting (If John and Joan like the red berries than I should take some.) so "Best Seller’ also increases the chance of making a sale.There also was a req pack sale during the F2P weekend. So get your facts straight.
    As for whether there was something of value in the commendation packs, that is a matter of perspective. I like having emblems.

> 2533274968894951;1:
> neither does any of the commendation packs actually contain something valuable. Way to go 343!

I mean, it contains the emblem for completing said commendation.

I thought everyone wanted an achievement for everything they did?

I think more players have everything unlocked and are no longer buying packs. I know since I’ve unlocked everything it’s disappointing to open a gold pack. I’ve gotten one Phaeton and zero Wasps in my last 20 golds. I’m certainly not
going to pay for that.

> 2533274880633045;5:
> > 2533274968894951;1:
> > 343 is either extremely proud of the fact that Halo has micro-transactions right now or REQ packs sales are down. What other reason is there for 343 to shove the BEST SELLER! and MAXIMUM VALUE! REQ packs right in our face when we open the REQ store. It’s quite embarrassing honestly. I know that micro-transactions are necessary in this ‘‘free dlc’’ model but at least be subtle about it. There has never even once been a REQ point discount on a pack, neither does any of the commendation packs actually contain something valuable. Way to go 343!
>
>
> Well the more likely reasons that obviously come to mind are:
>
> - People may accidently click on them.
> - Increased visibility that way more people will see it.
> - The parents of children who agree to buy their kid a req pack will now see the ‘maximum value’ and possibly consider that as opposed to the lesser value packets
> - People are more likely to buy things if they think they are getting a deal. You can actually raise the price on something and add a ‘Sale’ sign and potentially sell it.
> - They are a business and desire to make money. (Shocking I know.)
> - People also have a tendency to get what other people are getting (If John and Joan like the red berries than I should take some.) so "Best Seller’ also increases the chance of making a sale.
> There also was a req pack sale during the F2P weekend. So get your facts straight.
> As for whether there was something of value in the commendation packs, that is a matter of perspective. I like having emblems.

Those were only on sale if you bought them with real money. I was talking about REQ point discounts.

> 2533274968894951;8:
> > 2533274880633045;5:
> > > 2533274968894951;1:
> > > 343 is either extremely proud of the fact that Halo has micro-transactions right now or REQ packs sales are down. What other reason is there for 343 to shove the BEST SELLER! and MAXIMUM VALUE! REQ packs right in our face when we open the REQ store. It’s quite embarrassing honestly. I know that micro-transactions are necessary in this ‘‘free dlc’’ model but at least be subtle about it. There has never even once been a REQ point discount on a pack, neither does any of the commendation packs actually contain something valuable. Way to go 343!
> >
> >
> > Well the more likely reasons that obviously come to mind are:
> >
> > - People may accidently click on them.
> > - Increased visibility that way more people will see it.
> > - The parents of children who agree to buy their kid a req pack will now see the ‘maximum value’ and possibly consider that as opposed to the lesser value packets
> > - People are more likely to buy things if they think they are getting a deal. You can actually raise the price on something and add a ‘Sale’ sign and potentially sell it.
> > - They are a business and desire to make money. (Shocking I know.)
> > - People also have a tendency to get what other people are getting (If John and Joan like the red berries than I should take some.) so "Best Seller’ also increases the chance of making a sale.
> > There also was a req pack sale during the F2P weekend. So get your facts straight.
> > As for whether there was something of value in the commendation packs, that is a matter of perspective. I like having emblems.
>
>
> Those were only on sale if you bought them with real money. I was talking about REQ point discounts.

Understood, I missed the word ‘point’. The joke there isn’t lost on me. My apologies for that.

Most games now a days have micro transactios like it or not.

> 2535416070030373;10:
> Most games now a days have micro transactios like it or not.

Exept most games keep it to the back of their games so it isn’t in the way. There is a certain degree of responsibility micro transactions addiction can be a bigger dent in young people’s wallets than a drug problem. In college I met a 17 year old that had spent more than 2000 pounds on just one game on cosmetics.

There is nothing wrong with wanting to make money but at a certain point it becomes morally wrong to profit too largely from some thing.

There at a discount or sale or whatever so they would be in front. That’s business 101. You don’t hide it

It’s good business practice to put the best deals up front and center. Personally I just wait for packs like the EnvyUs pack since you get 5 guaranteed rare-legendary.

Perhaps 343 will make discounted REQ packs with REQ points as a weekend thing to get more people can play halo 5 otherwise I don’t see why they would bother.

I would not be surprised to hear it if REQ sales are down, because the folks who absolutely gotta have 100% completion have probably already gotten it by now, and the rest of us have given up thinking we’ll ever even get close, LOL.

If I were in 343 place I wouldn’t change a thing. Parents should know the risk of letting kids play, and that entirely the parents fault and not 343. And besides you can’t accidently but gold packs with real money, its a consenting thing.

> 2533274961806222;15:
> I would not be surprised to hear it if REQ sales are down, because the folks who absolutely gotta have 100% completion have probably already gotten it by now, and the rest of us have given up thinking we’ll ever even get close, LOL.

If new players to the game are down, then that would also affect REQ sales.

> 2533274962122285;11:
> > 2535416070030373;10:
> > Most games now a days have micro transactios like it or not.
>
>
> Exept most games keep it to the back of their games so it isn’t in the way. There is a certain degree of responsibility micro transactions addiction can be a bigger dent in young people’s wallets than a drug problem. In college I met a 17 year old that had spent more than 2000 pounds on just one game on cosmetics.
>
> There is nothing wrong with wanting to make money but at a certain point it becomes morally wrong to profit too largely from some thing.

Good god I couldn’t imagine spending over $3000 Canadian on a single video game.