REQ Pack Glitches

I’ve had this ongoing glitch of purchasing REQ packs, not receiving them, but having my points still deducted. It happens a little too often for me, and it gets extremely frustrating when I purchase many packs with points I’ve saved up, and having them deducted, and receiving nothing in return. This happens to me about 3 times a week, and I just don’t know what to do anymore.

Another problem I’ve had, deals with the REQ pack rewarded when you join your first Spartan Company. On Halo Waypoint, it sent me of a notification that I received the REQ pack. However, when I go to check it, I get a notification that I don’ t have any packs to open. This occurred last Sunday, so I simply ignored it, thinking it would have a bit of a delay. Unfortunately, its Friday when I’m posting this, and I still haven’t received the pack yet. I’ve tried restarting my game, restarting my Xbox, but it seems nothing works.

Has anyone experienced this issue, and if so, do you know how to fix it?

Are you sure the items in your packs aren’t being received?
Make sure to keep an eye on your collection, as there are bugs that involve opening packs and not knowing what was in them.

The points are deducted. do you get packs, and it glitches when you try to open them? That has happened to me. The items are automatically put into your inventory. It is a glitch. You can record the req pack purchase and opening as well. If you are still having issues, I recommend you record it to your file browser. Come back here and link to it.

I’m currently having the same issue. i just entered my code for the dauntless visr. I started up halo after the install from the xbox store was finished and to my surprise, no req packs to open. Hope this gets sorted out soon. I also tried the uninstall, reinstall and hard reset with no results.

I’m having the same issue, just input the code from the Xbox One Halo Master Chief controller, downloaded the promotional REQ pack, and when i got on the game it shows i have no REQ packs, so i never got my Dountless Visor/cards either. and i have checked my inventory and the visor is not unlocked so theres no way it could have “opened” and i not seen the contents.

There is a widespread issue with REQ Pack DLC not redeeming correctly at the moment that 343 is seemingly ignoring.Just look at all the other users starting threads about having issues on a support forum with no actual support being offered.

All I can suggest is that you and other people affected by the REQ pack DLC not redeeming correctly is to make a post on the official Halo Facebook and Twitter accounts to increase public visibility of this issue so that someone at 343 takes notice.

I’ve had instances were I will open a pack right before a game and then it won’t show me what I received. I still receive my new reqs though, including armor pieces and emblems. Next time this happens to you check if you get the items. Hope this helps!

I downloaded mine, went into the game and never received, didnt go into a match or anything, i just didnt get a pack period.

I made a twitter post last night tagging a few people aswell as @halo. Unfortunately my following is not the greatest so I doubt anyone will respond to me.

Hopefully someone at 343 notices that many customers are having issues.

Considering this issue has been going off and on for quite a few months now. We can only hope. I guess I was fortunate enough to not experience any issue until now. Just disappointing spending over 60$ on a controller for the sole purpose of the req pack, just to be let down.

My (entirely baseless) theory is that for some reason REQ Pack DLC were given a 12 month period of validity from the Halo 5 launch date of October 27 2015 and that is why people are starting to encounter redemption issues a little over a year later.

The codes still redeem as per normal through Xbox Live and register to your profile’s Download List so I assume the problem lies with 343 servers as contacting Microsoft Support only results in being referred back to these Support Forums after going through standard troubleshooting procedures.

It is the weekend so maybe that is why nobody is around to escalate the issue within 343 at this time. Hopefully someone acknowledges the problem many customers are having come Monday.

> 2533274810406881;12:
> My (entirely baseless) theory is that for some reason REQ Pack DLC were given a 12 month period of validity from the Halo 5 launch date of October 27 2015 and that is why people are starting to encounter redemption issues a little over a year later.
>
> The codes still redeem as per normal through Xbox Live and register to your profile’s Download List so I assume the problem lies with 343 servers as contacting Microsoft Support only results in being referred back to these Support Forums after going through standard troubleshooting procedures.
>
> It is the weekend so maybe that is why nobody is around to escalate the issue within 343 at this time. Hopefully someone acknowledges the problem many customers are having come Monday.

That’s not a bad speculation honestly. I mean considering the amount of controllers and such that were actually released, They may have never accounted for new controllers to still be in circulation, hence the year “expiration date”. I redeemed my spartan locke visor back on September 15 to be exact and had not one single hiccup.

When it happens to me, I don’t receive the items at all. I check my collection of armor, helmets, emblems, etc. But I still have everything from before. It deducts points, and I don’t receive items. I check every single day, just to see if the items or packs are delayed, but I just don’t receive them. And if they were delayed, more than an ENTIRE WEEK is way too long.

Still nothing :frowning: