Req Gambling system shouldn't be the only option.

Players should not HAVE to buy random card packs with ingame cash/real cash to get equipment and customizable parts.
I understand the team needs money and all to keep working on the game but forcing Micro-transactions and randomized rewards. is not a way of keeping players in the game and getting money for funding the development of the game

Progression, a sense of accomplishment and reward, Is what keeps people playing games.

With random card packs being literally the only way to get any kind of sense of progression through multiplayer I find players getting bored of halo 5 quickly after a few months.
The issue with halo5’s multiplayer progression is that everything to my knowledge is randomized. This issue is present in Destiny and COD AW and among other games aswell.
In COD AW cosmetics were mostly random , aswell as weapon variants. there was no way to buy cosmetics or weapon variants in game.
Same goes for destiny, after completing missions/crucible matches your reward is completely random.

when players see things like this in game , there thoughts arnt " oh wow , if I keep trying I’ll eventually get the thing I want"
Its more like" if I stop playing I wont have to worry about gambling with my free time"

Because that’s all this trend is doing. gambling with my free time hoping I’ll randomly get the weapon variant I want for my assault rifle, or the cool visor I want for my spartan. honestly I dont know about other players but after working my full time job. I dont want to come home to gamble with my free time. I don’t want a chance at something cool. I want to play the game , enjoy it while grinding Reqs and then have my “hard work” rewarded by buying cool weapons or cosmetics. or maybe that’s just me?

My point is
Buying card packs should be an OPTION when it comes to unlocking permanent items. Permanent items that if they had an actual price tag (as in costing XXXX amount Req’s to buy) it might be easier for a player to try there luck in unlocking it through a card pack. if they dont , no biggy the player can play the game , grind up req’s and buy the items they want. This way players can feel as If they actually made some progress through the multiplayer , because they’ve been playing , saving up Reqs to get X item that they want , then they rinse and repeat. this way players don’t HAVE to gamble with there time.

This is a horrible trend im starting to notice in games. and its disgusting to say the least because multiplayer games weren’t always like this. I know im not the only one who thinks the same , Halo Reach was nothing like this , Halo Reach had it right and still remains my favorite halo multiplayer experience.

Honestly , look at the customization we have in halo 5 and then look at what we had in halo Reach Halo Reach Customization Spartans :: MUST SEE !! - YouTube
halo reach had a perfect sense of progression through multiplayer. i spent months playing trying to unlock all the content. because after every match you earned CR which could be directly used to buy cosmetics for your spartan. you could see the amount of Cr you had increasing and it actually had value because you could spend it on whatever you wanted. players didn’t have to worry about praying to the gods to hope they got the cool thing they wanted.
I know im not the only one who thinks permanent items needs to be purchasable

They are optional. You dont have to buy them at all.

We need warzone with out req packs. I don’t want to have a tank because of rng. They need BTB.

> 2533274846171508;2:
> They are optional. You dont have to buy them at all.

You do to get any good weapons or a vehicles. They are hardly optional.

> 2533274856034029;4:
> > 2533274846171508;2:
> > They are optional. You dont have to buy them at all.
>
>
> You do to get any good weapons or a vehicles. They are hardly optional.

You don’t HAVE to buy them. You CAN buy them if you want. The packs you buy with real money are the same as the ones you buy with req points so I don’t understand how you get better things spending real money.

here we go again WHY do you people not understand THEY ARE OPTIONAL YOU DONT HAVE TO USE OR BUY THEM AT ALL

I dunno, I really like Warzone the way it is now. Maybe I just wish that getting weapon and vehicle certifications were a little easier. I have 10 mongooses, 25 fuel rod cannons, 10 spartan lasers and not a whole lot else.

> 2533274814736901;5:
> > 2533274856034029;4:
> > > 2533274846171508;2:
> > > They are optional. You dont have to buy them at all.
> >
> >
> > You do to get any good weapons or a vehicles. They are hardly optional.
>
>
> You don’t HAVE to buy them. You CAN buy them if you want. The packs you buy with real money are the same as the ones you buy with req points so I don’t understand how you get better things spending real money.

I’m talking about buy them with in game money also :stuck_out_tongue:

You don’t have to buy them. They are optional. If you want gear a little faster then you have to choice to pay to get it quicker. But, you can still get the same items by just playing the game. At least they give you the opportunity to be able to pay with in game currency. Don’t really mind it.

Coming back from Destiny, I can say I don’t mind it too much, but man, I really could use a sniper card soon. Like today!

i dunno i personally feel as if i want a weapon variant or a helmet or a certain armor , i should be able buy it directly with ingame cash and not have to “hit the slots” to hope i get it.
i understand req packs are optional but its THE ONLY OPTION for getting gear, you don’t even unlock content for getting through certain campaign missions on higher difficulty like you used too , i haven’t beaten the game yet but im on mission 10 of my legendary play through and so far , nothing.

Every 11 Games you can buy the gold req pack I don’t get the need for people to cry. Plus they give you free packs for every rank or for certain things you do. Its a good loot system. And for everyone that isn’t getting a sniper only buy gold packs I got the sniper car that gives a chance for more and I got 4 in each pack now.

> 2533274866783302;7:
> I dunno, I really like Warzone the way it is now. Maybe I just wish that getting weapon and vehicle certifications were a little easier. I have 10 mongooses, 25 fuel rod cannons, 10 spartan lasers and not a whole lot else.

get a bunch of bronze packs. Early on you’ll get a lot of common certs for the basic things, so it’ll reduce the amount of bloody mongooses that you get later in silver and gold packs

I think it’s fine

is this satire? no cash is needed. completing matches gets you req points, use them to “buy” req packs lol. u only use cash if youre lazy

I don’t like the randomness of it. In Reach, if there was a certain helmet I wanted I could save up my credits and buy it. Now I want the Anubis helmet, but I can’t have it until lady-luck allows me.

The cards are no good if your team doesn’t get your levels up. I have level 7+ gear I have never even used…

I prefer it being done this way, you know how all the map packs are going to be free? What do you think is allowing them to make them free? It’s the REQ packs if anything it will keep the community stronger and bigger because people what get split into two categories, people who have the dlc and people who don’t. This is a much better system and the game will be better off with it, you don’t have to spend real money on them, and are people really complaining about spending virtual money? Just play the game and enjoy it, Its a fantastic game.

> 2533274916784012;18:
> I prefer it being done this way, you know how all the map packs are going to be free? What do you think is allowing them to make them free? It’s the REQ packs if anything it will keep the community stronger and bigger because people what get split into two categories, people who have the dlc and people who don’t. This is a much better system and the game will be better off with it, you don’t have to spend real money on them, and are people really complaining about spending virtual money? Just play the game and enjoy it, Its a fantastic game.

haha , i am truly amazing, i wasn’t expecting an actual discussion here. first of all , if you spend your actual hard earned cash at a chance to get the equipment you want in game , then youre an absolute gullible fool . the only time MIGHT put my cash in into this game is if i could DIRECTLY purchase equipment with my own cash , not to spend my cash to gamble on a chance to get equipment i want.
don’t get me wrong, there are free to play games i play where i spend my real cash to purchase ingame content but other games don’t use a -Yoinking!- gambling system to do it!
i can guarantee they arnt making that much cash from the req packs to make the dlc’s free (and honestly i couldnt give 2 -Yoink- if they were free or not its typically only like 30 bucks anyways.) there was a -Yoink- ton of hype leading up too halo 5 ,im pretty sure they made more then enough to fund the dlc’s and possibly halo 6 aswell.

my point is that players shouldn’t have to gamble with there time for a chance to unlock the stuff they want , what type of -Yoink- is that? half of you here are so INDULGED into the gambling system that you don’t even remember when players used to be rewarded for hard work anymore. you’re so used to getting -Yoinked!- over and wasting your time with randomly selected loot that its perfectly okay now. soon all games will carry this ridiculous system.

also too add

SPOILER ALERT
I BEAT THE GAME ON LEGENDARY
YOU GET ABSOLUTELY NOTHING BUT A HALF -Yoinked!- 3 SECOND CUT SCENE OF A HALO , CORTANA BUILDS THE HALO THAT YOU TRY EVER SO HARD TO STOP HER FROM DOING. AS IF I COULDN’T ALREADY DRAW THAT CONCLUSION FROM THE STANDARD ENDING.

LITERALLY EVERY SINGLE PIECE OF UNLOCKABLE EQUIPMENT IN THIS GAME IS THROUGH THE REQ PACKS and apparently that’s okay with most of the community because the DLC maps are free? maybe im too used too how the halo games used to be shrug lol

> 2533274794725613;13:
> > 2533274866783302;7:
> > I dunno, I really like Warzone the way it is now. Maybe I just wish that getting weapon and vehicle certifications were a little easier. I have 10 mongooses, 25 fuel rod cannons, 10 spartan lasers and not a whole lot else.
>
>
> get a bunch of bronze packs. Early on you’ll get a lot of common certs for the basic things, so it’ll reduce the amount of bloody mongooses that you get later in silver and gold packs

dont get me wrong , as far as power weapons and vehicles/ armor perks/ boosts and such go im alright for the most part with that , its really great that i can get a bunch of (X) vehicle and use them, do well enough to earn my in game req level back to simply use again , vs having to wait for one to spawn so i can be lucky enough to grab it before someone else did like you had to in the previous halo’s ( but at the same time it wasn’t really a big deal , but its nice i can just “infinitely spawn” mongooses and ghosts now lol)

however i feel as if power weapons should last more then one life , they should stay with you for as long as you have it equipped and loaded with ammo if you swap it out (unless you pick it back up in the same life) you loose it on your next respawn.
or simply lower all the power weapon levels to like 2-3.