REQ carryover?

Will REQ point from 5 carry over to Infinite?

It’s a brand-new game, and they’ve said there’s no loot boxes, so I don’t see why REQ points would carry over.

Even if there was REQ packs in halo infinite, theres no way they would let years worth of saved up REQ points would be horribly unfair and unbalanced. But as RUSS said there are no lootboxes in infinite so req points are staying in halo 5 and not moving forward.

We don’t even know if Infinite will have WZ. Even if it does I really doubt it.

given reqs are not in the game, there is a 0% chance

Thanks god there will be nor REQ-packs in that games, cause 2 be honest, the whole system just - yoinks -

I do not see that REQ is wrong, the BAD thing is that you had to buy the packs to obtain powerful weapons, pay2win in warzone, if they remove the microtransactions and the only way to get ¨packs, cards or whatever¨ is playing, for me this good

Thanks. I guess I need spend up the three million points I have stocked.

I don’t think the Requisition System is returning considering the negative reception it had. There likely won’t be a reason for our points carrying over if that’s the case.

Doubt the reqs will because there are no loot boxes, but you never know, depends if Halo Infinite uses Req Points as in game currency. I was very surprised when I booted up Call of Duty Cold War and found my CoD points had carried over from Modern Warfare. Anything’s possible.

Nooooooooo! Please, no more micro transactions. We already have the coatings.

No, they won’t. Unless it takes the place of a reach style credit system

That would not be profitable in regards to the F2P multiplayer 343 Industries is going with. Thus it will 100% never happen.

F2P?

> 2533274831074612;3:
> Even if there was REQ packs in halo infinite, theres no way they would let years worth of saved up REQ points would be horribly unfair and unbalanced. But as RUSS said there are no lootboxes in infinite so req points are staying in halo 5 and not moving forward.

If Req points were used to unlock cosmetics only it would not be unfair and unbalanced. Having anything gameplay related behind Req points would be unfair and unbalanced, even if the Req points didn’t carry over. Now, am I saying Halo 5’s Warzone unlock system was unfair and unbalanced? Yes. Grinding points in a prior match shouldn’t give you a tangible, objective advantage in the next match.

I pray to RNG every night that REQs die in Halo 5

> 2533274793006817;15:
> > 2533274831074612;3:
> > Even if there was REQ packs in halo infinite, theres no way they would let years worth of saved up REQ points would be horribly unfair and unbalanced. But as RUSS said there are no lootboxes in infinite so req points are staying in halo 5 and not moving forward.
>
> If Req points were used to unlock cosmetics only it would not be unfair and unbalanced. Having anything gameplay related behind Req points would be unfair and unbalanced, even if the Req points didn’t carry over. Now, am I saying Halo 5’s Warzone unlock system was unfair and unbalanced? Yes. Grinding points in a prior match shouldn’t give you a tangible, objective advantage in the next match.

Its obvious they will have some in game currency tied to the season pass / passive unlocks for store items as an alternative to real money but its not going to be “Req points”. they already moved past it with mcc’s season points, and it seems silly to use the branding of a lootbox mechanic from halo 5. 343 probably wants to remove any connection to halo 5 since its the lowest rated pve experience they put out according to the MS store reviews.

Whatever currency they let us build up for cosmetic buys / seasonal unlocks will most likely have a completely new name / function, or at the very least be an evolution of the seasonal points in MCC since its very well received and the guy that made that system is now multiplayer lead for infinite.

> 2533274831074612;17:
> > 2533274793006817;15:
> > > 2533274831074612;3:
> > > Even if there was REQ packs in halo infinite, theres no way they would let years worth of saved up REQ points would be horribly unfair and unbalanced. But as RUSS said there are no lootboxes in infinite so req points are staying in halo 5 and not moving forward.
> >
> > If Req points were used to unlock cosmetics only it would not be unfair and unbalanced. Having anything gameplay related behind Req points would be unfair and unbalanced, even if the Req points didn’t carry over. Now, am I saying Halo 5’s Warzone unlock system was unfair and unbalanced? Yes. Grinding points in a prior match shouldn’t give you a tangible, objective advantage in the next match.
>
> Its obvious they will have some in game currency tied to the season pass / passive unlocks for store items as an alternative to real money but its not going to be “Req points”. they already moved past it with mcc’s season points, and it seems silly to use the branding of a lootbox mechanic from halo 5. 343 probably wants to remove any connection to halo 5 since its the lowest rated pve experience they put out according to the MS store reviews.
>
> Whatever currency they let us build up for cosmetic buys / seasonal unlocks will most likely have a completely new name / function, or at the very least be an evolution of the seasonal points in MCC since its very well received and the guy that made that system is now multiplayer lead for infinite.

I’m not saying they will use req points, I was just explaining what makes for game balance. That said, it would be nice if req points did buy you something that could transfer over to the new game, instead of locking the only thing you can get behind a 10,000 hour playwall.

> 2533274793006817;18:
> > 2533274831074612;17:
> > > 2533274793006817;15:
> > > > 2533274831074612;3:
> > > > Even if there was REQ packs in halo infinite, theres no way they would let years worth of saved up REQ points would be horribly unfair and unbalanced. But as RUSS said there are no lootboxes in infinite so req points are staying in halo 5 and not moving forward.
> > >
> > > If Req points were used to unlock cosmetics only it would not be unfair and unbalanced. Having anything gameplay related behind Req points would be unfair and unbalanced, even if the Req points didn’t carry over. Now, am I saying Halo 5’s Warzone unlock system was unfair and unbalanced? Yes. Grinding points in a prior match shouldn’t give you a tangible, objective advantage in the next match.
> >
> > Its obvious they will have some in game currency tied to the season pass / passive unlocks for store items as an alternative to real money but its not going to be “Req points”. they already moved past it with mcc’s season points, and it seems silly to use the branding of a lootbox mechanic from halo 5. 343 probably wants to remove any connection to halo 5 since its the lowest rated pve experience they put out according to the MS store reviews.
> >
> > Whatever currency they let us build up for cosmetic buys / seasonal unlocks will most likely have a completely new name / function, or at the very least be an evolution of the seasonal points in MCC since its very well received and the guy that made that system is now multiplayer lead for infinite.
>
> I’m not saying they will use req points, I was just explaining what makes for game balance. That said, it would be nice if req points did buy you something that could transfer over to the new game, instead of locking the only thing you can get behind a 10,000 hour playwall.

The 152 reward and things like that will be the extent of what 343 gives legacy players things for infinite and 343 themselves already confirmed this. There will be no currency or infinite related unlocks that you get “faster” if you bought stuff in prior halo games cause infinite is a brand new game not an expansion to halo 5. The closest you can get to what you want for faster unlocking, that is to buy monster energy from walmart(double reward points) to have 60 hours of double xp in halo infinite, which will greatly reduce the grind time. but sadly that promotion is now over as of dec 31st iirc.

what you want is to have it both ways with a F2P game like infinite and you cant. You either have a huge play wall time sink to unlock everything, or you have alot of pay 2 progress faster, or a hybrid of the two. Nothing is going to transfer over because infinites potential player base will be millions times the size of halo 5’s. 343 will NEVER risk -Yoink!- off tons of new f2p players by allowing the halo 5 dedicated ones to just be able to bypass chunks of the grind with stuff they bought / acquired in halo 5 lol.

Infinite is a f2p game with cosmetics and some form of micro transactions. So you either grind or maybe even they will have the typical season pass pay to progress faster method. But they definitely will not give a 5 year old game “carry over” bonuses cause 343 is out to capture a healthy new player pool and giving tons of halo 5 carry overs will only piss those new players off.

> 2533274831074612;19:
> > 2533274793006817;18:
> > > 2533274831074612;17:
> > > > 2533274793006817;15:
> > > > > 2533274831074612;3:
> > > > > Even if there was REQ packs in halo infinite, theres no way they would let years worth of saved up REQ points would be horribly unfair and unbalanced. But as RUSS said there are no lootboxes in infinite so req points are staying in halo 5 and not moving forward.
> > > >
> > > > If Req points were used to unlock cosmetics only it would not be unfair and unbalanced. Having anything gameplay related behind Req points would be unfair and unbalanced, even if the Req points didn’t carry over. Now, am I saying Halo 5’s Warzone unlock system was unfair and unbalanced? Yes. Grinding points in a prior match shouldn’t give you a tangible, objective advantage in the next match.
> > >
> > > Its obvious they will have some in game currency tied to the season pass / passive unlocks for store items as an alternative to real money but its not going to be “Req points”. they already moved past it with mcc’s season points, and it seems silly to use the branding of a lootbox mechanic from halo 5. 343 probably wants to remove any connection to halo 5 since its the lowest rated pve experience they put out according to the MS store reviews.
> > >
> > > Whatever currency they let us build up for cosmetic buys / seasonal unlocks will most likely have a completely new name / function, or at the very least be an evolution of the seasonal points in MCC since its very well received and the guy that made that system is now multiplayer lead for infinite.
> >
> > I’m not saying they will use req points, I was just explaining what makes for game balance. That said, it would be nice if req points did buy you something that could transfer over to the new game, instead of locking the only thing you can get behind a 10,000 hour playwall.
>
> The 152 reward and things like that will be the extent of what 343 gives legacy players things for infinite and 343 themselves already confirmed this. There will be no currency or infinite related unlocks that you get “faster” if you bought stuff in prior halo games cause infinite is a brand new game not an expansion to halo 5. The closest you can get to that is to buy monster energy from walmart to have 60 hours of double xp, but sadly that promotion is now over as of dec 31st iirc.
>
> what you want is to have it both ways with a F2P game like infinite and you cant. You either have a huge play wall time sink to unlock everything, or you have alot of pay 2 progress faster, or a hybrid of the two. Nothing is going to transfer over because infinites potential player base will be millions times the size of halo 5’s. 343 will NEVER risk -Yoink!- off tons of new f2p players by allowing the halo 5 dedicated ones to just be able to bypass chunks of the grind with stuff they bought / acquired in halo 5 lol.
>
> Infinite is a f2p game with cosmetics and some form of micro transactions. So you either grind or maybe even they will have the typical season pass pay to progress faster method. But they definitely will not give a 5 year old game “carry over” bonuses cause 343 is out to capture a healthy new player pool and giving tons of halo 5 carry overs will only piss those new players off.

No, what I want is a token gesture for playing without having to dedicate my entire life the past 5 years to a single game for one generic camo pattern. That’s just asinine. All I’m saying is no harm in creating a nameplate and giving selling it to someone who accumulated points in the last game.

I don’t want t have it both ways. That doesn’t even make sense to what I said. Your perception of new f2p players is extremely presumptuous too. For one millions times bigger is frankly insane because that several times bigger than the total population of the planet and it’s entire history. More importantly, f2p players will not quit because they see someone else have something they might want. That is actually more incentive for them to play or pay their way to get to it when they see someone else have it. Activision literally patented a matchmaking algorithm over that principle.

One reason not everything will carry over is because Infinite won’t actually have much more content than what Halo 5 already has, so the amount for Halo 5 whales to play for would be severely diminished. Further, and more importantly, those Halo 5 whales for this game so they will get milked into buying/grinding everything that they already unlocked last time. They might grab a few more by making the multiplayer free to play, but ultimately it’s worth sacrifice the relatively miniscule $60 sales they were going to get from Halo 5 whales to grab some new f2p whales, but the majority of their revenue will be from Halo 5 whales.

I didn’t ask for everything to carry over either. I said they should have a single item that doesn’t take literally 10,000 hours to unlock. Why lie about what I said? You want to make this into an argument for no reason and I’m not interested.