Report somebody for cheating...

I played a game of Oddball not to long ago on Complex and some guys glitched behind a wall (on purpose) to win; we couldn’t kill them or get the ball. It’s in my file share, how do I report them? I already filed a complaint but this is an exploit used to gain an unfair advantage over the other team, definitely cheating. I sent him a message and he didn’t reply, because he knew he was wrong.

I wouldn’t call it cheating if hes merely exploiting a bug that 343i was too careless to find in their months of playtesting.

Exploiting a bug to your own benefit is still considered “Cheating”. You say it’s not cheating. But, I’m willing to bet you’d use this “exploit” to win. When the opposing team stands no chance of getting the ball back.

It can happen on haven too. Its pretty rough. I actually manage to fall off the edge on haven, melee through the wall, and his shields flashed… Unfortunately I fell to my death.

I hope its fixed soon.

Cheating in a video game. How pathetic can someone be?

Obviously, everybody feels different, but when it comes to public match making it’s pathetic. I can care less what people do in full party lobbies or customs, but don’t jeopardize my online experience to benefit you. Please 343i, fix these “exploits.” It seriously takes the fun out of competitive gaming.

343/bungie never tolerate these things. And if they have the power to fix them, they do. These will be gone soon. :slight_smile:

THAT’S WHY THERE SHOULD HAVE BEEN A PUBLIC BETA.
THAT’S WHAT’S IT FOR - TO LET PEOPLE FIND THE EXPLOITS,
AND FIX THEM ALL BEFORE THE ACTUAL RELEASE.
THIS IS JUST A WEEK AFTER LAUNCH, THERE WILL BE MORE
GAME BREAKING EXPLOITS TO COME SOON.
Hope you’ve learned your lesson, 343i.

/rant

As many have stated it is completely 343 Industries’s fault and they better take the blame for it. They have been making this game for years and a simple jumping test wasn’t performed to see if the roofs are solid or not?.. please.

They should have had a BETA, they didn’t, they were cocky and it failed. Big learning curve for what not to do when launching your first game that supports multiplayer.

As for getting those players in trouble. Absolutely not. This is how 343 will fix this. By seeing what is going on they can fix these broken maps which have pot holes and walk through walls and roofs. It’s their fault that it is occurring and their incompetent testers and testing strategies.

> As many have stated it is completely 343 Industries’s fault and they better take the blame for it. They have been making this game for years and a simple jumping test wasn’t performed to see if the roofs are solid or not?.. please.
>
> They should have had a BETA, they didn’t, they were cocky and it failed. Big learning curve for what not to do when launching your first game that supports multiplayer.
>
> As for getting those players in trouble. Absolutely not. This is how 343 will fix this. By seeing what is going on they can fix these broken maps which have pot holes and walk through walls and roofs. It’s their fault that it is occurring and their incompetent testers and testing strategies.

Exactly. These players are not manipulating the game’s code or network in any way. They are playing the game exactly as it was shipped by 343i. The day they start banning people for their mistakes in level design is the day I lose a lot of respect for the new custodians of Halo.

if it is something in the map that the dev put in (or did not notice) than no it is not cheating

Yeah, last man standing survived on flood by exploiting this glitch, and despite the efforts of the flood they could not get inside the wall like the survivor did. Ergo he didn’t have to worry about fighting off flood to win, throwing out the whole point of the game.It’s one thing to have to work to get to a certain spot, a whole other thing to literally just jump through a wall like it doesn’t even exist. Which in this situation it pretty much doesn’t.

Maggotkilljoy exploits this too …

When you agree to the Xbox Live terms of service, you agree to not take advantage of any glitches that might be in any game.

Microsoft are completely within their rights to completely ban anyone using any glitch, and personally, I hope they punish them all.

I hope 343 will examine the game metrics and take appropriate action to use the banhammer on all the idiots that like to spoil other peoples games.