Repopulate Halo 4!

Halo 4’s population is low and that is a SHAME! Because after all the changes Halo 4 has become a fun and enjoyable game and I suggest all of you to go and play Halo 4 again if you quitted playing!

But your help is needed because without the community this isn’t possible so everyone go and invite your friends and yourself to go and play Halo 4 again or go and get Halo 4!

Spread the word - REPOPULATE HALO 4!

EDIT:
Things you can do to repopulate Halo 4 are:
- Have Gamenight/Days/Weeks etc…
- Invite friends to play Halo 4 again
- Spread some good news instead of only bad things
- Try to enjoy it for yourself, try new things etc…
EDIT 2:
- BTB Objective is coming next week to Halo 4 so spread the word!!

EDIT 3:
- Halo 4 is back on MLG spread the word!

EDIT 4:
Race and Rocket Race are returning and Majestic will be required for Infinity Slayer as an experiment for 2 weeks!

Did one of the updates or changes include a local only search option?

Based on the fact that its Summer and all the kids are out from school, as well as the fact that 343i has already implemented the new changes to the game, the game should have already been repopulated at this point. But it really hasn’t. If not even these two factors I listed aren’t enough to get some people back to the game, I doubt anything will.

Im hoping Halo 5 will be able to fully cater to classic/infinity and social/ranked fans equally, not halfway. Catering to more of your fanbase will attract more people to buy the game.

Edit: And they need to cater at the release of the game, not months later.

> Did one of the updates or changes include a local only search option?

No and it will probably never happen in Halo 4 but I’m talking currently talking about repopulating Halo 4 because of the gameplay improvements. Lag is a different issue :frowning:

> Based on the fact that its Summer and all the kids are out from school, as well as the fact that 343i has already implemented the new changes to the game, the game should have already been repopulated at this point. But it really hasn’t. If not even these two factors I listed aren’t enough to get some people back to the game, I doubt anything will.
>
> Im hoping Halo 5 will be able to fully cater to classic/infinity and social/ranked fans equally, not halfway. Catering to more of your fanbase will attract more people to buy the game.

But trying to invite some people back to Halo 4 can’t hurt right?

> > Based on the fact that its Summer and all the kids are out from school, as well as the fact that 343i has already implemented the new changes to the game, the game should have already been repopulated at this point. But it really hasn’t. If not even these two factors I listed aren’t enough to get some people back to the game, I doubt anything will.
> >
> > Im hoping Halo 5 will be able to fully cater to classic/infinity and social/ranked fans equally, not halfway. Catering to more of your fanbase will attract more people to buy the game.
>
> But trying to invite some people back to Halo 4 can’t hurt right?

Of course not. In fact I am inviting some friends to customs today and tomorrow. (Idk if customs is counted in population, but at least it’s still in game)

I am still however very unsatisfied with the gameplay, and if 343i can provide more options to people with different playstyles, their next game should do just fine.

We get it.

Maybe it will come back if you don’t mention it for once.

It’s not coming back.

I wonder if legendary slayer (slated for July release: https://twitter.com/tawpgun/status/347568908754112513) will have any impact, I hear it’s a mix of classic and infinity, maybe it’s equal starts, fixed ordnance, sprint, etc.

I came back after the weapon tuning took effect, and have since left again. It turns out that sprint, OP AAs, lag, lack of descoping, lag, games starting with uneven teams, lag and JIP not working properly are all still big issues.

Halo 3 is free to gold members next month so if you want to repopulate a Halo game, repopulate a GOOD Halo game.

Did I mention the lag?

> Halo 3 is free to gold members next month so if you want to repopulate a Halo game, repopulate a GOOD Halo game.

dat netcode and spread

I’d rather take consistent weapons over Halo 3.

> > Halo 3 is free to gold members next month so if you want to repopulate a Halo game, repopulate a GOOD Halo game.
>
> dat netcode and spread
>
> I’d rather take consistent weapons over Halo 3.

I like how you cut the rest of my post, which talked mainly about lag, so you could bring up Halo 3s netcode. Sure, it wasn’t perfect. But it was better tan this.

I find it funny that people think unbalanced weapons are what made the population drop. The population dropped because after Spartan Ops the game basically got boring as hell.

If there are enough people to find a game quickly then the game is fine. Halo Wars population still hits 5k a day sometimes.

The Halo population is spread pretty thin these days considering that Halo 3 and Reach multiplayer are both still operating. Half the trouble is getting the players off the old Halo’s. I play Halo 4 everyday though.

> I wonder if legendary slayer (slated for July release: https://twitter.com/tawpgun/status/347568908754112513) will have any impact, I hear it’s a mix of classic and infinity, maybe it’s equal starts, fixed ordnance, sprint, etc.

i hope so!

> > > Halo 3 is free to gold members next month so if you want to repopulate a Halo game, repopulate a GOOD Halo game.
> >
> > dat netcode and spread
> >
> > I’d rather take consistent weapons over Halo 3.
>
> I like how you cut the rest of my post, which talked mainly about lag, so you could bring up Halo 3s netcode. Sure, it wasn’t perfect. But it was better tan this.

Are you saying Halo 3 as a whole is better than Halo 4 or the netcode/‘lag issues’ is better than Halo 4?

If the latter, it’s far from true.

Halo 4 MM is now better than anything now. OP’s right. We should repopulate H4.

Also, about lag: If playing on an HD TV, look for a Game Mode in your TV settings. Sometimes it’s hidden and hard to find. H4’s graphics slow down HDTVs creating lag more than most other 360 games. Most gamers don’t know about this. I just found out recently, and after switching to Game Mode, I don’t lag in H4 any more. You might want to give it a try.

> I came back after the weapon tuning took effect, and have since left again. It turns out that sprint, OP AAs, lag, lack of descoping, lag, games starting with uneven teams, lag and JIP not working properly are all still big issues.
>
> Halo 3 is free to gold members next month so if you want to repopulate a Halo game, repopulate a GOOD Halo game.
>
> Did I mention the lag?

Halo 3 was only good ranking wise. The armor was stale, WALKING AROUND the entire map was slow and old tech, the lag on that game was ridiculous. Remember the bodies bounces all over the place when people would die?

Halo 3 was good, but way overrated and not as god like as some people try to make it seem. It’s complete opinion and most likely nostalgia speaking.

> I came back after the weapon tuning took effect, and have since left again. It turns out that sprint, OP AAs, lag, lack of descoping, lag, <mark>games starting with uneven teams</mark>, lag and JIP not working properly are all still big issues.
>
>
> Did I mention the lag?

Last time I checked, Halo 4 is the first game that tried to correct that problem. JIP still sucks though. And sprint isn’t that much of a problem, as I can kill them before they get a chance to run.

After all the changed Halo 4 got worse. It’s the reason people left. Halo as a franchise is done guys and you all need to realize it.