Replacing the Plasma Nade

The differences between the frag and plasma grenades is not great enough. The plasma nade should be replaced by the “Needle Shard”. It is a throwing spike that only explodes when it embeds itself in a living target. For the luxury of an insta kill grenade, you must be a accurate when throwing it.

Frag grenade - moderate damage in a moderate area of effect

Needle shard - extremely high damage in a very small area of effect

Why not have that as an additional Grenade,

Halo 3 had 4 grenades, unfortunately the Flame Grenade was never placed in match making.

No reason why we cnat have more.

I love to see a Trip Mine, and the Mine (Equipment) back from the Halo 3 Beta. That was amazing.

I agree adding it to the list of grenades would be cool but with the covanant not being in the campaign it makes you wonder what 343i is going to.
for matchmakeing however the plasmanade may stay or atleast i hope it will…
i was also thinking insted of the “needleshard” how about a more advanced version
of the frag but forerunner style. :slight_smile:

> but with the covanant not being in the campaign

When did they ever say this?

Stands to reason that if Covenant tech is imitative of Forerunner, there will be a Forerunner sticky grenade of some kind.

Its likely that by the 26th century, the UNSC has developed a highly adhesive surface coating that could potentially be applied to fragmentation grenades…or i’m just dreaming.

> Its likely that by the 26th century, the UNSC has developed a highly adhesive surface coating that could potentially be applied to fragmentation grenades…or i’m just dreaming.

Duct tape. BTW don’t we already have a type of sticky grenade?

I think it would be neat of the Forerunner grenade was in-between the Spiker grenade and the plasma, releasing plasma spikes that attached to the victims or vehicle and still explode! Seems forerunner’ISH to me.

> Duct tape. BTW don’t we already have a type of sticky grenade?

yeah, since WWII at least.

So effectively the Spike Grenade from Halo 3?

I think that the Plasma Grenade is just fine how it is. It is one of the few Covenant weapons that I feel is more powerful than the UNSC equivalent.

> So effectively the Spike Grenade from Halo 3?
>
> I think that the Plasma Grenade is just fine how it is. It is one of the few Covenant weapons that I feel is more powerful than the UNSC equivalent.

No the spike grenade explodes into many spikes. The Needle Shard is one large Needle that will not explode unless it hits a player directly. You can miss with a plasma or spike grenade and still kill someone. Missing with the Needle Shard causes no damage, it doesn’t even explode unless it hits a player.

gasp Never! I love my stickies!

Bad idea. I love my stickies too.