Replacement of Incubus and BMA? Really?

I’ve loved everything done with Halo CEA and thus far with Halo 2: Anniversary except one thing thus far which has left me seriously disappointed; why is it that the two pieces “Incubus” and “Blow me away” are getting replaced? And why restrict musical choice to a graphical set? It boggles my mind that this feature which was present in CE, (the ability to swap audio and still retain your choice of graphics.), but won’t make it to H2a.

While I’d probably spend most of my time re-living the game in next-gen graphics, this change (although small) still bugs the living hell out of me. Incubus I could get over, but the Gravemind scene with “Blow Me Away” will never be the same. I was really looking forward to watching updated elites battling it out against updated brutes with Breaking Benjamin jamming on my TV.

sigh I do like everything else about this collection though. But for me that musical choice is huge especially because it involves so many memories. Anyone else feel the same?

The way I see it, the original game is still intact, where you can relive all your old moments. And the remastered game is where you can make new ones. I feel that it isn’t TOO huge considering that is just a very small part of the game and if you really don’t like the new song at all you can just load up BMA on youtube while playing haha.

Incubus and Breaking Benjamin are STILL IN THE GAME. When you switch to Classic Mode it doesn’t just go back to the original graphics, it also switches back to the original sound effects, ambiance, and music.

(Also, the band is Incubus, the song is called either 1st Movement of the Odyssey as part of the full set of tracks, or Follow when it’s standalone)

> I’ve loved everything done with Halo CEA and thus far with Halo 2: Anniversary except one thing thus far which has left me seriously disappointed; why is it that the two pieces “Incubus” and “Blow me away” are getting replaced? And why restrict musical choice to a graphical set? It boggles my mind that this feature which was present in CE, (the ability to swap audio and still retain your choice of graphics.), but won’t make it to H2a.
>
> While I’d probably spend most of my time re-living the game in next-gen graphics, this change (although small) still bugs the living hell out of me. Incubus I could get over, but the Gravemind scene with “Blow Me Away” will never be the same. I was really looking forward to watching updated elites battling it out against updated brutes with Breaking Benjamin jamming on my TV.
>
> sigh I do like everything else about this collection though. But for me that musical choice is huge especially because it involves so many memories. Anyone else feel the same?

I’m also a bit bugged, but I can deal with it.

And BTW, “Incubus” isn’t a track, its a band. The track you refer to is called Follow.

Guys, he clearly understands that the music is still intact in classic mode. He just dislikes the fact that he won’t be hearing the music in anniversary mode, which I don’t blame him for. I also was expecting to hear Blow Me Away in all its glory while playing in anniversary mode.

It truly is a shame.

I have to say that I’m rather disappointed at this as well. While I’m sure the new music will be nice, and the artist(s) talented, it just seems odd that they would go and replace some of the soundtrack for something completely different. It would be like taking the main theme and changing it for Never Forget in the new graphics. Great song, but it would throw off many people.

See other thread for my thoughts…

I agree w OP! I wish the music wasnt tied to the graphics because my eyes like new stuff better than my ears do generally and to hear the old stuff while watching the new stuff would help trick my mind that into thinking this is the way it always was haha

I completely agree with you OP.

> See other thread for my thoughts…

There’s nothing greedy about wanting this feature. Demanding Halo: Reach/ODST or a PC release on the other hand… I’d only agree with you then.

It’s certainly a very…questionable decision. No matter how good the new songs are, they’ll never measure up. They’ve took out a part of the game that was quite iconic, (sure, you can still experience it in old graphics, but that’s not really the point) so I’m quite disappointed.

This is a non issue because unless I’ve been lied to, you can select whichever soundtrack and sound effects you want for both modes.

> (sure, you can still experience it in old graphics, but that’s not really the point)

But that’s how it is, and you’ll have to live with it.

There have been worse exclusions in remakes/remasters. Be grateful they didn’t shoehorn a messier, tinnier version of the original tracks.

Nah I prefer to experience the new tracks. Both complete soundtracks are there. If you miss Breaking Benjamin, it is literally an instantaneous switch. If you’re that nitpicky though, you can always Youtube the song while playing in the new graphics. Or play the original soundtrack if you own it.

Could someone point out to me where they confirmed this? It would help.

Edit: Nvm, found it.

> This is a non issue because unless I’ve been lied to, you can select whichever soundtrack and sound effects you want for both modes.

OST’s are tied to graphics. There is no mix-match.

(Confirmed at PAX Panel)

Yeah this is also a minor disappointment for me as well. I guess I’ll have to switch to anniversary mode to hear them because I seriously loved those tracks, and thats how I remember Halo 2. I like how they’re modernizing a lot of things but music is a risky playing field.

I love them so much I would play them on my flashdrive over it

Please don’t revive old topics, thanks, <mark>especially ones that are nearing 4 years old</mark>
On a side note, I love both the original Incubus version and song form Anniversary. 2 amazing tracks!