Replacement for 343 Guilty Spark?

I’ve always enjoyed the humor, sarcasm, and whatnot of the highly logical AI personalities that have been surfacing in recent video games, like Wheatley for example (From Portal 2).

I never really found 343 GS to be particularly humorous, it was pretty dry and not to my tastes. It seems the really far fetched personalities of the other AI tend to make them much more memorable.

What I wanted to know is, will there be, or even should there be, a replacement for 343 GS in the new trilogy? It seems like a logical conclusion, that going up against his makers you would find more like him.

If so, I’ll have to update my clan’s site to have a new character floating around with 343 GS talking to my guests :stuck_out_tongue:

Check out 343 GS here: http://www.halo4clan.com

Nobody can ever replace my precious 343 Guilty Spark, neber eber.

Doubtful. Chakas from the Forerunner Saga if he shows up at all in the Reclaimer Trilogy maybe.

> Doubtful. <mark>Chakas from the Forerunner Saga if he shows up at all in the Reclaimer Trilogy maybe.</mark>

This I believe will happen. I believe he’s heading to Requiem to get the Librarian.

> > Doubtful. <mark>Chakas from the Forerunner Saga if he shows up at all in the Reclaimer Trilogy maybe.</mark>
>
> This I believe will happen. I believe he’s heading to Requiem to get the Librarian.

What makes you think she is on Requiem?

Well the main thing I want to know about whoever or whatever replaces him, is how they will be written in.

I really think the Halo writers missed a great opportunity in making 343 GS someone more memorable. I hope 343i manages to make a better impression.

http://www.halo4clan.com

Isn’t there talk of a Halo ring in Halo 4? Because if that’s the case there should be a moniter at each ring. There was a seperate moniter for the ring in Halo 2. Though his role was very downplayed and majorly forgotten. (at least I’m sure there was, it’s been a long time since I’ve played Halo 2 though.) So yeah there should be one on the ring. Unless there’s something in the books that would say otherwise…

> > > Doubtful. <mark>Chakas from the Forerunner Saga if he shows up at all in the Reclaimer Trilogy maybe.</mark>
> >
> > This I believe will happen. I believe he’s heading to Requiem to get the Librarian.
>
> What makes you think she is on Requiem?

Seems to be the only place we know that holds live Forerunners.

Plus, 343i said reading the books wouldn’t be a waste of our time (never are to me because they’re awesome canon, and simply awesome to read). Wouldn’t make much sense to bring in two major characters, and then put them on a completely different planet.

> Seems to be the only place we know that holds live Forerunners.
>
> Plus, 343i said reading the books wouldn’t be a waste of our time (never are to me because they’re awesome canon, and simply awesome to read). Wouldn’t make much sense to bring in two major characters, and then put them on a completely different planet.

So we have the Didact being a -Yoink- and the one person who would calm him down is just doing absolutely nothing despite being on the same planet? Just wait until you read Thursday War, the idea of two different planets isn’t too farfetched.

> > Seems to be the only place we know that holds live Forerunners.
> >
> > Plus, 343i said reading the books wouldn’t be a waste of our time (never are to me because they’re awesome canon, and simply awesome to read). Wouldn’t make much sense to bring in two major characters, and then put them on a completely different planet.
>
> So we have the Didact being a Yoink! and the one person who would calm him down is just doing absolutely nothing despite being on the same planet? Just wait until you read Thursday War, the idea of two different planets isn’t too farfetched.

He’s got a point :stuck_out_tongue: I believe the Librarian is on the Greater Ark, and that’s most likely where Halo 5 (or at least part of it) will take place.

2401 Penitent Tangent!

> > Seems to be the only place we know that holds live Forerunners.
> >
> > Plus, 343i said reading the books wouldn’t be a waste of our time (never are to me because they’re awesome canon, and simply awesome to read). Wouldn’t make much sense to bring in two major characters, and then put them on a completely different planet.
>
> So we have the Didact being a Yoink! and the one person who would calm him down is just doing absolutely nothing despite being on the same planet? Just wait until you read Thursday War, the idea of two different planets isn’t too farfetched.

There’s a reason why the Didact is being a Yoink!, so there must be a reason why the Librarian isn’t doing anything.

And Glasslands and Thursday War. There supposed to be like that. Showing all kinds of “underground” chaos going on all around the galaxy.

> He’s got a point :stuck_out_tongue: I believe the Librarian is on the Greater Ark, and that’s most likely where Halo 5 (or at least part of it) will take place.

Okay. That actually makes sense too. Maybe more sense. I totally forgot about the Greater Ark.

> There’s a reason why the Didact is being a Yoink!, <mark>so there must be a reason why the Librarian isn’t doing anything.</mark>
>
> And Glasslands and Thursday War. There supposed to be like that. Showing all kinds of “underground” chaos going on all around the galaxy.

Probably because she isn’t on Requiem. The last time we saw her she was on Earth. Where she went from there, who knows.

> 2401 Penitent Tangent!

Yeah he’s great at making buds, he got so lonely on installation 05 that he was kind enough to release the flood and he met his new best friend the gravemind:).

Read Cryptum and Primordium.

He’s far from dead I assure you.

Well. The Spark we knew and loved is dead, but he’s still living…if that makes sense.

Spark was great, I believe. He was never intended to be humorous.

> Read Cryptum and Primordium.
>
> He’s far from dead I assure you.
>
> Well. The Spark we knew and loved is dead, but he’s still living…if that makes sense.

Spark as a distinct entity is dead, besides he was only one of many fragments.

Well I still think they need to have some more humor in the next one.

Even though it’s planned to be a darker title, the humor they can write in would be great lol.

> > Read Cryptum and Primordium.
> >
> > He’s far from dead I assure you.
> >
> > Well. The Spark we knew and loved is dead, but he’s still living…if that makes sense.
>
> Spark as a distinct entity is dead, besides he was only one of many fragments.

Can someone explain the many fragments to me.I have the books,But guess I missed it.In Primordium since ONI has a piece of G.S who is Chawkas.When G.S spark was first made,Were there more of him or something.

Johnson and Guilty Sparks lines were amazing!!!