Replace Palmer with Master Chief for warzone.

Saw somebody suggest this in another thread so I thought I’d make an entire thread for it. Maybe I’m the only one, but palmer comes off as very nagging. If Master Chief was the announcer, that would be perfect in my book. I know Palmer is supposed to be tied to the lore behind multiplayer being training simulations, but I think Steve Downes could fill this role so much better.

Please no.

Just mute the voice over is you don’t like palmer, that’s what I did.

I didn’t even know that was an option. Thanks for that, man. Seriously. No sarcasm.

I like Sarah Palmer. I think no matter who talks it will get kinda annoying. But it would be pretty great if Steve downes or Keith David did it.

lolol I sometimes think he has the most monotone voice ever… Not Steve Downes, but Chief himself sounds very monotone.

> 2533274800902066;3:
> I didn’t even know that was an option. Thanks for that, man. Seriously. No sarcasm.

All good, I found it the other day and have been enjoying warzone a little more.

This has been something I’ve been thinking about. Not replacing Palmer with Chief per se. But having multiple voices. Roland in specific to keep lore intact. And maybe Laskey due to how him and Palmer have playful tones with each other in Halo 4 and Spartan Ops.

I wanted to have Palmer announce on one team and Roland on the other and they’ll have playful banter and quips thrown to and from each other. Some me examples would be like: “Roland’s troops are capturing the West Armory, we need to stop them!” Or “Palmers troops are swarming the Warden, we need that kill.”

And if you wanted you could get crazy with it and randomly generate “leader announcers” like members of Blue and Osiris, Halsey, Cortana, Arbiter, Exuberant. Maybe guests like Johnson, Spark, Keyes, Stacker, Ect. Or even the man himself Jeff Steitser can come in with special dialog, maybe finally use the, “youuuu suuuuuck” phrase.

The reason it might be complicated post launch is due to money and other restraints, it’s hard to get voice actors back if they cost to much or are not signed onto a specific contract. Although most of the voice talent are friends with 343 Chiefs, Cortana, Laskey, Sparks actors and Jeff Steitser are closer friends with 343 and would definitely sign back on for a few more lines of dialog.

Also. I would love if Staten came in to be a grunt announcer…

I want Buck’s voice. Nathan is love, Nathan is life

I think it would be cool to be able to have the option to switch the voice to different members of Blue Team or Osiris Team.

Chief would be ten times worse, his voice would be to low pitched for MP and not nearly as exciting.

Chief isn’t talkative enough for this to make sense. It would feel awkward and out of character.

Somebody else like Roland or the Weapon-Pad-Announcer-Guy would make more sense.

I know almost everyone hates Palmer, but I kinda like her character. But it would be cool if they did like Halo Reach Firefight and gave you the ability to unlock various voice announcers for Warzone.

I’d like to see Palmer replaced by literally anyone else. Is there anybody who likes the self insert of a certain individual at 343 who shall remain nameless due to the “pls no bully” rule?

> 2533274875084332;2:
> Please no.
>
> Just mute the voice over is you don’t like palmer, that’s what I did.

I am so gonna do this next time I get on the game.

I see no reason to change her being the Warzone voice when there is absolutely nothing wrong with it.

But Im an officer rank. Why would I take orders from Master Chief? He’s just an enlisted rank.

Nah, Jennifer hale is a great voice actor, sorry. Plus the voice announcer has no effects on gameplay, no reason for 343 to bother with it.

really the problem with Master Chief is that he really doesn’t talk that much. If anything, it should be roland or perhaps a real spartan like Fred or Kelly, who talks more than the others. ORRRRR they could get CHIEF MENDEZ!!!

Wouldn’t really make sense for a guy as quiet as Master Chief to voice over warzone.

> 2661949065475413;16:
> But Im an officer rank. Why would I take orders from Master Chief? He’s just an enlisted rank.

I didn’t know we used pure numbers for rank in the military…