Replace Active Camo with Cloaking Remote.

343i did a pretty good job with balancing AAs in Halo 4, except for Active Camo. That one works fine on small maps, but it can be real game-breaker on big maps like Ragnarok; especially if the entire opposing team is using it and calls down a ton Sniper Rifles through personal ordnance.

So, I have an idea; for Halo 5, why not remove Active Camo from Custom Loadouts (along with the Plasma Pistol and Boltshot, while you’re at it) and replace it with Thorne’s Cloaking Remote?

You know; the one we see Thorne take off of Gek’s corpse in Spartan Ops? Make it work like the Arbiter’s camo in Halo 2 (shorter duration, no radar jammer, and complete invisibility even while running) and make it pick-up only. Thoughts?

I love it. It would balance it out, make me able to run with it, and have a shorter duration of camo. Only thing is, I like AAs’. We could still have it as an AA, but with the change you suggest(making it a 10-15 second camo) it would be improved.
Though if they are still in halo 5, I want my stealth perk.

That would be cool. I’ve always though active camo and pv should be pick up only. Same with plasma grenades and pp

> 343i did a pretty good job with balancing AAs in Halo 4, except for Active Camo. That one works fine on small maps, <mark>but it can be real game-breaker on big maps like Ragnarok</mark>; especially if the entire opposing team is using it and calls down a ton Sniper Rifles through personal ordnance.
>
> So, I have an idea; for Halo 5, why not remove Active Camo from Custom Loadouts (along with the Plasma Pistol and Boltshot, while you’re at it) and replace it with Thorne’s Cloaking Remote?
>
> You know; the one we see Thorne take off of Gek’s corpse in Spartan Ops? Make it work like the Arbiter’s camo in Halo 2 (shorter duration, no radar jammer, and complete invisibility even while running) and make it pick-up only. Thoughts?

What rubbish!

Before they tweaked AC the last TU or whenever it was, that is, AC as it stood from launch day of Halo 4, I have never had a problem spotting an AC user on Ragnarok. If I am at a particular place just to the left of red base, I can spot a AC user way off at the downed Pelican or on Top Middle, for example. How on earth other people can’t is beyond me! And, it is even easier since teh TU and tweak to AC!

Jeez people, what the Yoink are you all smoking?

BTW, people have made exaggerated claims like yours before and, when challenged, none have ever been able to provide the evidence of game play which actually shows an opposing team of 8 all using AC, including those who might JIP!

> I love it. It would balance it out, make me able to run with it, and have a shorter duration of camo. Only thing is, I like AAs’. We could still have it as an AA, but with the change you suggest(making it a 10-15 second camo) it would be improved.
> Though if they are still in halo 5, I want my stealth perk.

I never suggested removing AAs; just this one. I don’t think players should be able to start with Active Camo by default. It would still be an Armor Ability in that it would have unlimited use (not at all like Halo 3’s disposable equipment) but you wouldn’t be able to have it in a Custom Loadout.

You should still be able to equip players with Active Camo via Game Loadouts, though; you know, for Custom Games and such.

> > 343i did a pretty good job with balancing AAs in Halo 4, except for Active Camo. That one works fine on small maps, <mark>but it can be real game-breaker on big maps like Ragnarok</mark>; especially if the entire opposing team is using it and calls down a ton Sniper Rifles through personal ordnance.
> >
> > So, I have an idea; for Halo 5, why not remove Active Camo from Custom Loadouts (along with the Plasma Pistol and Boltshot, while you’re at it) and replace it with Thorne’s Cloaking Remote?
> >
> > You know; the one we see Thorne take off of Gek’s corpse in Spartan Ops? Make it work like the Arbiter’s camo in Halo 2 (shorter duration, no radar jammer, and complete invisibility even while running) and make it pick-up only. Thoughts?
>
> What rubbish!
>
> Before they tweaked AC the last TU or whenever it was, that is, AC as it stood from launch day of Halo 4, I have never had a problem spotting an AC user on Ragnarok. If I am at a particular place just to the left of red base, I can spot a AC user way off at the downed Pelican or on Top Middle, for example. How on earth other people can’t is beyond me! And, it is even easier since teh TU and tweak to AC!
>
> Jeez people, what the Yoink are you all smoking?
>
> BTW, people have made exaggerated claims like yours before and, when challenged, none have ever been able to provide the evidence of game play which actually shows an opposing team of 8 all using AC, including those who might JIP!

Are we playing the same game? You’ve seriously never encountered a full team using Active Camo?

I think we should rewind all the way back to CE and make it a power up that can be dropped in with ordanance like the over shield, speed boost and damage boost.

It could be the purple power up!

Maybe we could do this to the PP too. Bring the CE one back with no EMP, it will just stick to you and do damage.

Well, to be honest, I like AC. Only problem I see with it in this game is that it is in about 4 or 5 of their 6 loadouts. I think that we do as Aryck suggests, but, 343 should make it that we can only assign one item to one slot. I put my Ammo perk on my 3rd loadout, I can’t put it anywhere else. Same for AC.
Though assassin, I too have never encountered a full team with AC. It’s possible, but highly unlikely. Maybe your playing Crysis instead of Halo.

i dont mind ac. but it does seem to be the most popular with pv second, and id imagine that is only second to counter the ac.

ive moved away from ac. if they did bother me id use pv. i really dont use my aas a whole lot to be honest. maybe i should so i suck less. i would say to remove them all, but i like fighting against them for the most part. it makes for a new dynamic. except jet pack. i dont like that. ive become dependent on radar and jetpack always confuses the hell out of me. maybe if they made it louder or something.

I’m sorry OP, but i enjoy having my AC as an AA. It does wonders for me. If there were a “Classic Playlist”, then i’ll accept AC as a Pick-Up

Hello Aryck the One, for Halo 5 suggestions you may use the Halo 5 Community Suggestion Thread-Click Here