Repetitiveness in spartan ops

With this weeks spartan ops… I have become extremely irritated. They have used the exact… same battle ground… 4 TIMES so far. Absolutely no new content… just play it backwards they say… it will be just like new they say :wink: They are not getting my money for future seasons of spartan ops. Bring back Firefight… at least it lasts longer.

Sorry you’re not enjoying what’s new in the missions, and the Firefight memories, but instead complaining about reused maps. :confused:

Spartan ops is alright to me, if they made new maps for each episode they would take a ridiculously long time to make.

I love the CGI and the story. But as far as gameplay… It’s just a hit it and quit it. It ends so fast, and nothings pretty to look at. They even used a few multiplayer maps, and everything seems thrown together like a poor mans monday night meal.

As long as I’m playing with a couple good friends, I always have fun with Spartan Ops. Mission complexity and originality isn’t the hugest deal to me.

well i’m hoping the use more multiplayer maps in the future… it would help things quite a bit. i’m sick of the same 3 or 4 maps they recycle every week

> I love the CGI and the story. But as far as gameplay… It’s just a hit it and quit it. It ends so fast, and nothings pretty to look at. They even used a few multiplayer maps, and everything seems thrown together like a poor mans monday night meal.

So… What, are you saying, they should make a new map for every episode they release? Because while I don’t know much of the process, that’s pretty hard to do.

And there’s really nothing pretty to look at on a campaign-esque gametype that has a somewhat focus on online experience. So the best choice for a weekly updated online campaign mode is to re-use maps but add variety to the tasks at hand. For instance, Episode 3-4 had much more Firefight into them than objectives for the most part.

But in the end, the main focus is the co-op over single player. Spartan Ops for me felt more enjoyable playing with friends rather than going solo. But while what I say is more based on opinion, overall there’s more emphasis on co-op than single player on Spartan Ops in a sense. Otherwise you’d have seen the Campaign quality within Spartan Ops’ aethsetics.

> Spartan ops is alright to me, if they made new maps for each episode they would take a ridiculously long time to make.

OP, this topic was made last week when they released last week’s spartan ops missions, and my response was pretty much the same as this gentleman’s. It would take them forever to make 5 new maps. I’m just as content with new enemies in new areas and a new storyline to follow. This week’s wasn’t even half bad.

It’s fine…

It’s a game mode that passes time and is very casual and fun with friends

The maps are reused sure but im fine with it…

Kill things move forward kill more thing’s move some more kill more repeat

Does anyone understand how TV series are made? They shoot a year ahead of time, and while the current season is being released they shoot another years worth of content to release the next year. They don’t have to do the way they are doing… Which i’m sure is super stressful… and causes the product quality to drop dramatically. I just dont see how they expect to make money off from the exact same thing… over… and over and over. I can play the same 2 weeks of spartan ops… and be content… because it’s the same as the week after… and after.

Or even cartoons… Cartoons are drawn… WAY AHEAD of the release date of the content… could you imagine how crappy the good cartoons of the 90’s would have been if Cartoon network was like… YOU HAVE ONE WEEK. A half hour of ORIGINAL CONTENT… Given yes. a cartoon is way different from a game… But Take any, Tv show, that works in seasons, and compare them to the quality of what Spartan ops is.

> Does anyone understand how TV series are made? They shoot a year ahead of time, and while the current season is being released they shoot another years worth of content to release the next year. They don’t have to do the way they are doing… Which i’m sure is super stressful… and causes the product quality to drop dramatically. I just dont see how they expect to make money off from the exact same thing… over… and over and over. I can play the same 2 weeks of spartan ops… and be content… because it’s the same as the week after… and after.

And I’m sure you/other people would be complaining if 343 had said, “We’ll release SpOps next year.”

> Does anyone understand how TV series are made? They shoot a year ahead of time, and while the current season is being released they shoot another years worth of content to release the next year. They don’t have to do the way they are doing… Which i’m sure is super stressful… and causes the product quality to drop dramatically. I just dont see how they expect to make money off from the exact same thing… over… and over and over. I can play the same 2 weeks of spartan ops… and be content… because it’s the same as the week after… and after.

you’re way off on how TV shows work. maybe cartoons and big budget shows like game of thrones do this, but normal TV shows are filmed mere weeks before they air

> With this weeks spartan ops… I have become extremely irritated. They have used the exact… same battle ground… 4 TIMES so far. Absolutely no new content… just play it backwards they say… it will be just like new they say :wink:

How doing the same firefight map over and over is different ? No backwards, no objectives, no goal… oh yeah its really different everytime !

> at least it lasts longer.

Well on easy with coop 4 maybe, have you try to solo on legendary ? i take about 20-30minutes per episode, time 5 per week… thats a pretty good longetivity for extra content.

> They are not getting my money for future seasons of spartan ops.

I would pay just for the extra CGI and story and lore even if there would be no mission because i just love it, but that is a madder of oppinion.

> Bring back Firefight…

Yes, but not at the detriment of spartan ops wich is way better imo. maybe a rotational playlist would be great though.

if its anything like halo vista to make a map you can knock one out in about an hour. sparton ops they blew all the budget on CGI instead of gameplay and maps

I don’t consider the reused maps a huge issue, but any game developer needs to keep in mind the Immersion factor, which playing the same map multiple times easily breaks.

This isn’t a TV series though, it’s a game. I’m pretty sure that the bulk of the work for Spartan Ops was most likely completed before the game launched (after all - the levels were probably included in the 2nd disc install, since we’re never downloading any extra levels, the only thing that we “download” are the cgi cutscenes, which are streamed to us).

I kind of agree that the recycling of the same levels over and over again is getting kind of stale. I’m ok with them using areas of campaign levels & multiplayer maps for levels, but if I have to play that bit on the level Reclaimer again I’m going to flip a table.

you’re way off on how TV shows work. maybe cartoons and big budget shows like game of thrones do this, but normal TV shows are filmed mere weeks before they air
[/quote]
Should I have been more specific… Yes big budget like game of thrones. It is a big budget game after all?

If your going to do something new… do it right… They even mentioned TV series “like” This isnt everybody loves Raymond, or 2 and a half men. I would much rather play an extended and deeper mission then 5 little teeny missions that go… hey kill fifty grunts with fuel rod cannons and flip a switch.

Thats why its all going to be released in ‘Seasons’.

Don’t judge Spartan Ops TOO seriously yet, yeah its repetitive but im positive it’ll be ironed out after this first season.