Removing KOTH Lol @ 343 Logic

What’s the logic behind this KOTH has a 5k+ population per day and 343 is going to remove it really? While a certain playlist named Team Slayer pro has about 2k on a good day.

But but slayer pro is the best there is and is the only playlist worth playing

/sarcasm

If they’re going to have two Regicides they might aswell take away the FFA one and keep KotH in…

Are they just trying to force consolidation into certain gametypes?

This rotation system is insane - and especially when I was under the impression that the Original playlist would never go away and 1 option would be filtered in and out per week and then maybe added if popular…

I thought our list was supposed to grow with time, not just interchange.

Take Flood away FFS.

Agreed cant fully understand why they dont just add another playlist, this is the only thing that really bugs me so far about them. Why can we not have more playlists?

KotH is probably my favourite playlist. I can’t believe they’re getting rid of it. I think I’m just about done with this game.

I like KOTH, but at times I really wish there was a playlist where the team objective was just to get kills to satisfy the people who don’t ever want to help take the hill, or hold the hill.

> But but slayer pro is the best there is and is the only playlist worth playing
>
> /sarcasm

Pros don’t even like slayer pro.

> > But but slayer pro is the best there is and is the only playlist worth playing
> >
> > /sarcasm
>
> Pros don’t even like slayer pro.

Last I checked, pros don’t like much of anything. They’re pretty much impossible to please.

KotH is one of the classic strategic gametypes. I don’t play it a ton, because I don’t do well in it with randoms, and, with friends, we are enjoying Team Regi a lot, so it has suffered, but to remove it is insanity.

Flood should remain a custom gametype. It is not that fun, and never has been to a majority of the population. I’d argue that if there weren’t commendations for it, almost no one would play it. Even if it were removed as a playlist though, the portion of the community that enjoys it should still have access to it via customs. I’m not one to say that just because I don’t like a gametype, that it should go, but if 343 is telling us that some MUST go in favor of others, this is one of them.

I personally like FFA Regi, but a lot of people don’t. That one should be behind Flood on the axe list, as it would effect the second smallest portion of the player pool.

Also agree, objective games should have a general playlist, not an individual for each gametype. Why is 343 not wanting their playlists to have variety? Why does each playlist have to be limited to one gametype? It doesn’t make sense to me. Or is 343 just displaying how much better Bungie was at keeping their game interesting?

I don’t want to knock 343i, because I do like their product a lot, but I really have to question some of these strategic decisions.

kinda screws the people that bought the regeneration field armor ability a little bit

> kinda screws the people that bought the regeneration field armor ability a little bit

what?

> > > But but slayer pro is the best there is and is the only playlist worth playing
> > >
> > > /sarcasm
> >
> > Pros don’t even like slayer pro.
>
> Last I checked, pros don’t like much of anything. They’re pretty much impossible to please.

Last I checked, pros like settings that make sense and are fair to everybody, not just based on luck. Halo 2 and 3 come to mind, and they were able to modify Reach enough to have half of a gametype.

> Since Team Regicide has performed spectacularly (TWtQS), it’s sticking around for another week. So is SWAT, of course. <mark>Unfortunately that means one playlist has to say goodbye.</mark> Actually, it just has to say “See you later” because it will undoubtedly be back. Leaving temporarily is King of the Hill (wipes away a single tear) and taking its place is Crimson DLC.

Simply unfathomable. Can someone explain to me why the hell did they need to cut out the playlist? Couldn’t they just add one more? Is the number of playlists limited? Don’t tell me they -Yoinked!- up just like GoW3 with 8 slots for playlists.

IMO KotH, Oddball, and CTF should have been in one Team Objective playlist in the first place. But removing a playlist, even temporarily, is not a solution by any means.

> > Since Team Regicide has performed spectacularly (TWtQS), it’s sticking around for another week. So is SWAT, of course. <mark>Unfortunately that means one playlist has to say goodbye.</mark> Actually, it just has to say “See you later” because it will undoubtedly be back. Leaving temporarily is King of the Hill (wipes away a single tear) and taking its place is Crimson DLC.
>
> Simply unfathomable. Can someone explain to me why the hell did they need to cut out the playlist? Couldn’t they just add one more? Is the number of playlists limited? Don’t tell me they -Yoinked!- up just like GoW3 with 8 slots for playlists.
>
> IMO KotH, Oddball, and CTF should have been in one Team Objective playlist in the first place. But removing a playlist, even temporarily, is not a solution by any means.

Some people believe they did. If you look at the playlists before searching, you’ll see that there are more playlists than can fit on the single screen. If you choose the last one down (like SWAT), search, then back out and search again, it will automatically change your search to the playlist at the bottom of the original screen. Hard to explain…

because they want people to test their garbage playlists

What a joke. They should just add team objective. Koth, oddball, flag and extraction.