Remove vehicles from capture the flag

Hello and i just want to say that i think its bad that vehicles are in CTL theres no reason for them to be in that game mode and its unfair for people who are playing and get camped by a ghost. I know its a flight but if its really in launch of the game i am not going to like it.

Agreed, ghost is way too hard to take down

A warthog with a driver, a gunner and a flag carrier is the most “HALO” multiplayer image you will ever see.

> 2533274912426342;3:
> A warthog with a driver, a gunner and a flag carrier is the most “HALO” multiplayer image you will ever see.

Yes that’s right, I think the creator of that post is new to the Halo universe. Vehicles have to be in CTF. You can’t run with the flag over the big maps.
Nevertheless I would agree that some vehicles are just overpowered. For example I flight a benshee yesterday and did nearly zero damages to players and a ghost kill you in like 2 seconds .

I like having vehicles back in 4x4 matches, I think it’s more about balancing them, and them being on right maps, will be interesting to see full map list when game comes out.
Maybe for example on Behemoth ditch the warthog and maybe just have 2 ghosts, 1 on each side of the map.

On that btb map the vehicles are 100% needed, otherwise we will end up with a crazy amount of matches that end with no one scoring

I think the vehicles themselves need a little bit of nerf. I’ve used the ghost many times in Infinite and pretty much went unstoppable. But vehicles should always stay in CTF as it always has been this way since Halo CE. Halo always gives players the tools to handle vehicles on maps that have them. You just need to learn how to use them and vehicles won’t trouble anyone.

only thing wrong atm with CTF is flag melee isn’t 1 hit kill.

You’re just wrong, sorry. I don’t think vehicles should push flags around and I’m confident that’s a bug, but taking a flag in a warthog home for the victory is the dream of what Halo multiplayer is. It’s a team game, not a lone wolf game.

Vehicles 100% should stay. But what we got to play felt more like BTB Heavies. I am hoping on final version of all standard BTB the power weapons and vehicle will be reduced / toned down. Way too much chaos for a standard match, though fun for testing purposes this weekend.

But I agree there still needs to be balancing on current vehicles. Also, the Warthog and Mongoose feel way too light, and try to climb up and roll over on any slight rock or tree. And the ghost can be pretty OP compared to the rest.

Vehicles are a huge part of Btb and cap the flag on bigger maps. I’d agree some vehicles need nerfs and some need buffs tho

In my opinion, vehicles make BTB CTF more fun, but I do think that some vehicles like the Ghost should be fixed so that it can’t push the flags and throw them out of the map.

> 2533274834326302;8:
> only thing wrong atm with CTF is flag melee isn’t 1 hit kill.

Yeah what was with that? surely the handicap of speed and able to use another weapon or vehicle should at least give the flag carrier 1 hit melee’s… like it always has been…

wtf these posts in forum. You’re bad to counter attack something then remove or nerf this, this and that. CTF is a teamwork fight, you can’t be successful with a mongoose 2 players every time, except your 12 opponents are no skill. It’s 12v12 not 8v8 not 4v4, remove vehicles?

Rockets and Hammer are overpowered one hit kill, remove them! TTK is too slow, reduce them to 0.5s!

I’m gonna have to disagree as well. Vehicles are a staple of CTF in Halo and they shouldn’t be removed.

Vehicles are a big part of Halo multiplayer in all game types.

wut? if your talking about btb you are crazy but on tiny maps I can understand where your coming from but you are making it a bigger deal then it is.

It seems to me this is feedback for Behemoth specifically, and in that case I can understand. The Infinite ghost is a little overtuned and the Warthog is definitely undertuned.

The problem is in order to have the available tools to deal with the ghost in 4v4, the warthog doesn’t really survive. So there is a bit of an imbalance.

Frankly the Ghost is way too maneuverable, you can literally fly across the map strafing–without even boosting–so it does much more easily evade attack. Meanwhile the hog desperately needs health, because you don’t even really need anti-vehicle weapons to deal with them.

Behemoth has that entire outer ring of vehicle space and in order to access the skewer or shock rifle you need to traverse that space. If a set up team has the ranged weapons and the Ghost, it is legitimately very hard to deal with the Ghost–especially in ctf, because you have to focus on the objective too.

The weapon and vehicle placements need work. If the Plasma Pistol had EMP again it would go a long way. They already spawn in each base and it would give spawners at least a low level counter to the vehicles. And I don’t see why both teams can’t have a Hog as currently balanced.

Something that really bothered me about Behemoth were the symmetrical sniper/skewer spawns right in the middle of the map. It gave teams the opportunity to win both right at beginning. Usually maps that have two snipers have them set on each teams side of the map, like the towers in Sanctuary. So what I’d consider doing is swapping those (the snipers–not skewers) spawns with the Shock Rifles. Then I’d probably still just have one ghost in it’s current spawn and where the Hog used to be put the powerup. Then there is room for rockets bottom mid.

Now teams have more options, whether its sniper, plasma pistols, or the vehicle spawning in their base.

I also think this map highlights the problems with the current loadout balance. But that’s for another time and place.

> 2637152460385395;10:
> Vehicles 100% should stay. But what we got to play felt more like BTB Heavies. I am hoping on final version of all standard BTB the power weapons and vehicle will be reduced / toned down. Way too much chaos for a standard match, though fun for testing purposes this weekend.
>
> But I agree there still needs to be balancing on current vehicles. Also, the Warthog and Mongoose feel way too light, and try to climb up and roll over on any slight rock or tree. And the ghost can be pretty OP compared to the rest.

Heavies?? Did we play the same version of the game? Most of what I saw was everyone running around with ARs, some ghosts and warthogs. I only saw tanks and flying vehicles on maybe 10% of the btb matches I played.

Maybe not in 4v4, but BTB?

No, you gotta’ have vehicles.