Remove sprint, up kill times!

You all know of sprints problems so I am not going to explain that.

I overall enjoy the game (for now at least, which was totally unexpected) but I have one gripe with this game.

The kill times are so quick (1.20? with the BR), and DMR (under 1 second?) and the non-running speed is so slow. It’s so easy for absolutely everyone to kill people with the AR or BR or DMR, and the “turning around and outbring someone like in the old days is non-existent” or even turning a battle after someone started shooting at you first, is extremely hard.

With the removal of sprint, and bumping up the normal walking speed to 120%, we remove the problems of sprint, but also, increase the time people use to kill each other(Hopefully then people start to miss a little).

As well as up the kill times for every weapon by adding 0,150seconds to every weapon.

Removing sprint would not break the game, just help it.

I also believe in this ranking system, for the first time since Halo 3. I believe it could work at all times after players gets sorted out. I had a really close match against someone that I know are 50’s in Halo 3(So was my team), and the game ended 22-22 against TCM Benq Respctfl, Unreall X, Snipaul, and another guy I don’t remember the name of.

If you did this 343 I would give you credit for making a real Halo game, since Halo 3.

IMPORTANT!

I don’t understand how removing sprint makes it take longer to kill someone.

OP I agree with your idea (except it should be 150% rather than 120%), but I read somewhere that 343 did market research and that they aren’t getting rid of sprint for this game

> 2533274847535647;3:
> I don’t understand how removing sprint makes it take longer to kill someone.

My thoughts exactly. I don’t think sprint should be removed. It’s time for Halo to evolve. I don’t want them to just continuously spoon feed us Halo 2/3 remakes.

> 2533274847535647;3:
> I don’t understand how removing sprint makes it take longer to kill someone.

It won’t change the minimum kill time, but hopefully people will start to miss, when you strafe and stuff.

I agree with upping base speed and slowing kill times for sure

i agree that kill times need to be upped. But personally i think sprint at this point is pretty balanced and is a good addition to the game.

OMG…thread number 571538391…bla remove sprint…blup…get rid of sprint…blablub…

DEAL WITH IT…if not go play TMCC…

i like sprint…and it will stay…

> 2533274796059612;5:
> > 2533274847535647;3:
> > I don’t understand how removing sprint makes it take longer to kill someone.
>
>
> My thoughts exactly. I don’t think sprint should be removed. It’s time for Halo to evolve. I don’t want them to just continuously spoon feed us Halo 2/3 remakes.

Tell me why it should evolve from a gameplay perspective. Not an industry perspective because everyone’s doing it. Not a lore perspective because Spartans should be able to sprint. A gameplay perspective.

To give you a heads up we have had fast gameplay in older iterations because we had small maps and a fast base speed. With sprint all we get are big maps and people running away when one shot(people have still be able to successfully one away in H5) and in the process slowing down the game, the complete opposite of what the developers intended.

> 2533274796059612;5:
> > 2533274847535647;3:
> > I don’t understand how removing sprint makes it take longer to kill someone.
>
>
> My thoughts exactly. I don’t think sprint should be removed. It’s time for Halo to evolve. I don’t want them to just continuously spoon feed us Halo 2/3 remakes.

Your logic unbelievable flawed. Removing Sprint is not going to make Halo 5 a remake of Halo 2/3, and Halo does not need gimmicks to evolve.

> 2533274792298986;9:
> OMG…thread number 571538391…bla remove sprint…blup…get rid of sprint…blablub…
>
> DEAL WITH IT…if not go play TMCC…
>
> i like sprint…and it will stay…

It would be wise to remove sprint for the sake of balance. You may like it, but I am sure you would enjoy to play the game without it as well.

> 2533274805230315;1:
> As well as up the kill times for every weapon by adding 0,150seconds to every weapon.

…how does that make any difference?

> 2533274903392888;10:
> > 2533274796059612;5:
> > > 2533274847535647;3:
> > > I don’t understand how removing sprint makes it take longer to kill someone.
> >
> >
> >
> > My thoughts exactly. I don’t think sprint should be removed. It’s time for Halo to evolve. I don’t want them to just continuously spoon feed us Halo 2/3 remakes.
>
>
> Tell me why it should evolve from a gameplay perspective. Not an industry perspective because everyone’s doing it. Not a lore perspective because Spartans should be able to sprint. A gameplay perspective.
>
> To give you a heads up we have had fast gameplay in older iterations because we had small maps and a fast base speed. With sprint all we get are big maps and people running away when one shot(people have still be able to successfully one away in H5) and in the process slowing down the game, the complete opposite of what the developers intended.

From a game play perspective, options for how the player plays are almost always a good thing. Thanks to boost, I don’t have to worry about grenade spam as much. Thanks to sprint, I can effectively get through a corridor that a sniper is covering(unless he/she is good enough to hit me). Thanks to clamber, we don’t have to do as many gamey things to maneuver, like crouch-jump. Ground-pound is essentially an airborne version of assassination, the user places themselves at risk in order to take advantage of the opponents lack of situational awareness. I find that all of these make the game play much more enjoyable.

> 2533274825353387;13:
> > 2533274805230315;1:
> > As well as up the kill times for every weapon by adding 0,150seconds to every weapon.
>
>
>
> …how does that make any difference?

What do you mean? You mean that 0,150 is little? Adding 0,150 would make it more like the older Halo’s (except the CE’s pistol).

Increasing the kill times would make it so this game stops being a “whoever shoots first, wins” game. The same does upping the movement speed.

These are the only two changes I think this game needs (At least from what I have played so far)

> 2533274805230315;12:
> > 2533274792298986;9:
> > OMG…thread number 571538391…bla remove sprint…blup…get rid of sprint…blablub…
> >
> > DEAL WITH IT…if not go play TMCC…
> >
> > i like sprint…and it will stay…
>
>
>
> It would be wise to remove sprint for the sake of balance. You may like it, but I am sure you would enjoy to play the game without it as well.

If i want a game without…i will play TMCC…whats the/your problem…

Sprint needs to be in…without you have a HALO2…:spawnfest…and thats just -Yoink-

> 2533274806427910;11:
> > 2533274796059612;5:
> > > 2533274847535647;3:
> > > I don’t understand how removing sprint makes it take longer to kill someone.
> >
> >
> >
> > My thoughts exactly. I don’t think sprint should be removed. It’s time for Halo to evolve. I don’t want them to just continuously spoon feed us Halo 2/3 remakes.
>
>
> Your logic unbelievable flawed. Removing Sprint is not going to make Halo 5 a remake of Halo 2/3, and Halo does not need gimmicks to evolve.

I never said that it would turn it in to a remake. However, it would make it one step closer to being a remake.

> 2533274792298986;16:
> > 2533274805230315;12:
> > > 2533274792298986;9:
> > > OMG…thread number 571538391…bla remove sprint…blup…get rid of sprint…blablub…
> > >
> > > DEAL WITH IT…if not go play TMCC…
> > >
> > > i like sprint…and it will stay…
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > It would be wise to remove sprint for the sake of balance. You may like it, but I am sure you would enjoy to play the game without it as well.
>
>
>
>
> If i want a game without…i will play TMCC…whats the/your problem…
>
> Sprint needs to be in…without you have a HALO2…:spawnfest…and thats just -Yoink-

The game won’t turn into a copy just because you remove sprint. You still have clamb, hulk smash, thruster, shoulder beat, new weapons, new gametypes, new maps, and probably other things that differentiate Halo 5 from Halo 1-3. The game still have evolved, but at the same time things are getting more balanced and more skillful with the removal of sprint.

> 2533274796059612;17:
> > 2533274806427910;11:
> > > 2533274796059612;5:
> > > > 2533274847535647;3:
> > > > I don’t understand how removing sprint makes it take longer to kill someone.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > My thoughts exactly. I don’t think sprint should be removed. It’s time for Halo to evolve. I don’t want them to just continuously spoon feed us Halo 2/3 remakes.
> >
> >
> >
> > Your logic unbelievable flawed. Removing Sprint is not going to make Halo 5 a remake of Halo 2/3, and Halo does not need gimmicks to evolve.
>
>
> I never said that it would turn it in to a remake. However, it would make it one step closer to being a remake.

I know you never implied that, it just seemed you did. Saying removing Sprint is a step closer of Halo 5 becoming a remake is absurd. Halo 1-3 were all different games with no Sprint.

> 2533274796059612;14:
> From a game play perspective, options for how the player plays are almost always a good thing. Thanks to sprint, I can effectively get through a corridor that a sniper is covering(unless he/she is good enough to hit me).

You could not risk yourself, coordinate as a team and push his location or nade it to weaken him, go to a spot you know he’s not looking at and flank him. There are some good things about sprint but the overall picture of it is it slows down gameplay and is used as a get out of jail card taking away the punishment of players dying that don’t make smart decisions.