Remove SMGs and storm rifles

This is by far the worst halo i have played for competitive games. And its just my opinion, im sure you might agree. But there is absolute zero skill-gap in this game. With the small radar, corner-crouch camping and easy pick up of SMG’s …this game is very different from true halo. On plaza, the other team just decided to camp in corners with SMG’s or rush with them all game long. And same thing with shotty crouch-camping on Empire.

These things should go IMO, what do you guys think?

The SMG is very range-limited, and can easily be beaten using an AR at any decent range. The Storm Rifle overheats extremely quickly, which can be countered by coordinating your strafe with the thruster pack. Plus, nothing says you can’t pick up either of these weapons yourself. I hated the Storm Rifle when the game first came out because of its’ rapid overheating, but now it’s a favorite because I’ve learned how to use it.

I personally think the two weapons are very well balanced. If you notice a particular player or team using these weapons, come up with a counter strategy.

I said, that most games people are corner-crouch-camping and rushing with SMGs right at you. Its impossible to counteract this, and its constantly happening every game which is sucking the fun out of this game, zero skill-gap

> 2535455074887117;3:
> I said, that most games people are corner-crouch-camping and rushing with SMGs right at you. Its impossible to counteract this, and its constantly happening every game

I play a ton of FFA and experience this all the time, and there’s almost always a counter. Whether it’s planting a grenade around the corner where you think an enemy might be, letting them come to you, or grabbing a similar weapon to try and out-play the, you’ve got a handful of options at your disposal. Personally, I think Splinter grenades are your best bet, since they can keep them stuck within a certain area for you to work around.

> 2535455074887117;3:
> I said, that most games people are corner-crouch-camping and rushing with SMGs right at you. Its impossible to counteract this, and its constantly happening every game which is sucking the fun out of this game, zero skill-gap

Haven’t encountered any of that.

> 2535455074887117;3:
> I said, that most games people are corner-crouch-camping and rushing with SMGs right at you. Its impossible to counteract this, and its constantly happening every game which is sucking the fun out of this game, zero skill-gap

You’ve played 40 games of arena and NOTHING else. So to say that you don’t know of any counters is a bit of an understatement. You haven’t played enough to learn how to counter. Put a few more games in. Try a few of the above suggestions. But as you play this game more I think you will start to realize that Halo 5 has the most balanced sandbox of ANY Halo game. And those with higher skill sets will still find themselves on top more often than not.

> 2533274815582829;6:
> > 2535455074887117;3:
> > I said, that most games people are corner-crouch-camping and rushing with SMGs right at you. Its impossible to counteract this, and its constantly happening every game which is sucking the fun out of this game, zero skill-gap
>
>
> You’ve played 40 games of arena and NOTHING else. So to say that you don’t know of any counters is a bit of an understatement. You haven’t played enough to learn how to counter. Put a few more games in. Try a few of the above suggestions. But as you play this game more I think you will start to realize that Halo 5 has the most balanced sandbox of ANY Halo game. And those with higher skill sets will still find themselves on top more often than not.

Actually, this is my secondary account that i usually play on when i want to take it easy and not worry about my stats (yes, i am one of those people who like to have a good KD), i have over 8 days played on my main which i don’t want to share on this website. I am ranked onyx in slayer. I have over 18,000 kills in Arena and 13,000 deaths with over 7800 assists. So i think i know what im talking about, but keep on defending a horrible multiplayer experience that is nothing like halo.

> 2535455074887117;7:
> > 2533274815582829;6:
> > > 2535455074887117;3:
> > > I said, that most games people are corner-crouch-camping and rushing with SMGs right at you. Its impossible to counteract this, and its constantly happening every game which is sucking the fun out of this game, zero skill-gap
> >
> >
> > You’ve played 40 games of arena and NOTHING else. So to say that you don’t know of any counters is a bit of an understatement. You haven’t played enough to learn how to counter. Put a few more games in. Try a few of the above suggestions. But as you play this game more I think you will start to realize that Halo 5 has the most balanced sandbox of ANY Halo game. And those with higher skill sets will still find themselves on top more often than not.
>
>
> Actually, this is my secondary account that i usually play on when i want to take it easy and not worry about my stats (yes, i am one of those people who like to have a good KD), i have over 8 days played on my main which i don’t want to share on this website. I am ranked onyx in slayer. I have over 18,000 kills in Arena and 13,000 deaths with over 7800 assists. So i think i know what im talking about, but keep on defending a horrible multiplayer experience that is nothing like halo.

Feels fine to me. So, yes, I will defend a game that i’ve been having a positive experience playing.

> 2533274805315973;2:
> The SMG is very range-limited, and can easily be beaten using an AR at any decent range. The Storm Rifle overheats extremely quickly, which can be countered by coordinating your strafe with the thruster pack. Plus, nothing says you can’t pick up either of these weapons yourself. I hated the Storm Rifle when the game first came out because of its’ rapid overheating, but now it’s a favorite because I’ve learned how to use it.
>
> I personally think the two weapons are very well balanced. If you notice a particular player or team using these weapons, come up with a counter strategy.

Very well said. This entire game has a give and take, something most games are missing nowadays, especially shooters. They even say it in the description of some of the power weapons. They use words the words “to compensate” or with consequence.

People corner camping? Try the insanely overpowered bouncy frag grenades of doom that halo 5 has you spawn with.

I never thought that either of these weapons were over powered. It’s just a matter of knowing how to counter.

There’s always a way to counter enemies. If you know they’re corner campers:

1. Beat them at their own game.
  2. Learn where nades are and throw em around likely corners.
  3. Use explosive power weapons to your advantage and shoot near corners.
  4. Stick with your team. Campers can sometimes get surprised by multiple enemies turning a corner.

> 2604313713106098;10:
> People corner camping? Try the insanely overpowered bouncy frag grenades of doom that halo 5 has you spawn with.

There really not that bad. Gameplan-THRUST

WOW! You sir are complaining about something that has been going on since the beginning of FPS. Whether its a BR or SMG it doesn’t matter because at the end of the day you had a choice to do the same thing. But you took the opportunity to go a different route. So don’t blame others for your mistake sir

You are diamond 2 in arena with only 40 games played, dont you think you are doing well? Also, give the game time, there are tons of counters to both of those weapons. And I’m not even as good as you. I’m a gold player with brief platinum aspirations lol

Sounds like someone can’t deal with getting out of range and shooting them back. Or perhaps your play style has you swap out your AR for a BR instead of the pistol? Either way, you need to change your tactics and play style. There’s nothing wrong with those weapons at all.

> 2535455074887117;3:
> I said, that most games people are corner-crouch-camping and rushing with SMGs right at you. Its impossible to counteract this, and its constantly happening every game which is sucking the fun out of this game, zero skillls

I never have a problem with this… Splinter gernade seems to work quite well in these situations

I love it when people “try” to camp

> 2533274812988278;16:
> Sounds like someone can’t deal with getting out of range and shooting them back. Or perhaps your play style has you swap out your AR for a BR instead of the pistol? Either way, you need to change your tactics and play style. There’s nothing wrong with those weapons at all.

Totally agree!

> 2535429508070663;13:
> > 2604313713106098;10:
> > People corner camping? Try the insanely overpowered bouncy frag grenades of doom that halo 5 has you spawn with.
>
>
> There really not that bad. Gameplan-THRUST

Lol!!! Nice

> 2535455074887117;7:
> > 2533274815582829;6:
> > > 2535455074887117;3:
> > > I said, that most games people are corner-crouch-camping and rushing with SMGs right at you. Its impossible to counteract this, and its constantly happening every game which is sucking the fun out of this game, zero skill-gap
> >
> >
> > You’ve played 40 games of arena and NOTHING else. So to say that you don’t know of any counters is a bit of an understatement. You haven’t played enough to learn how to counter. Put a few more games in. Try a few of the above suggestions. But as you play this game more I think you will start to realize that Halo 5 has the most balanced sandbox of ANY Halo game. And those with higher skill sets will still find themselves on top more often than not.
>
>
> Actually, this is my secondary account that i usually play on when i want to take it easy and not worry about my stats (yes, i am one of those people who like to have a good KD), i have over 8 days played on my main which i don’t want to share on this website. I am ranked onyx in slayer. I have over 18,000 kills in Arena and 13,000 deaths with over 7800 assists. So i think i know what im talking about, but keep on defending a horrible multiplayer experience that is nothing like halo.

Dude if your that good then stop crying about it…

you should easily be able able to counter these “campers” then

onyx player and can’t figure out how to take care of campers… Seems legit